Pages:
Author

Topic: Dogecoin - History repeating itself - page 3. (Read 537 times)

Activity: 2282
Merit: 439
Cashback 15%
October 30, 2022, 02:35:22 PM
Each year, Dogecoin has good bull run around late of a year. This year it repeats the history which was made even before the appearance and engagement of Elon Musk and his interest in Dogecoin.

The rise of Dogecoin can indirectly help other "Doge" tokens to fly. I have no idea why people invest or join speculation with tokens only because of their names contain "Doge" word or related to Dog in its name.

Dogecoin is a proof of Work so it is a good altcoin to choose. In addition, the massive love of Elon Musk is helpful for it too. Elon Musk, Twitter and Dogecoin. Elon already becomes Chief Twit so he can more easily to add Dogecoin into Twitter.
I am surprised that a lot of people talk about Ilon Musk in a good context because he is manipulating doge-shitcoin and the cryptocurrency market like he did in 2021. But many people make fun of bitcoin-maximalist Michael Saylor. Elon is acting solely in his own interests and now doge is being pumped solely on news of Elon's purchase of Twitter. I think this is wrong and not good for the crypto community.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
October 30, 2022, 02:10:19 PM
I literally stopped reading after you stated SHIB. In general they are all just capable of luring peeps into their universe where prices are so cheap that you can easily buy them in bulk and think you have huge amount of it and could easily turn it into fortune. Basically this is calling crowded funding ultimately because it’s little investment and that’s what peeps want these  days. You know that feeling of buying these shit coins and hoping that some of them will turn into bitcoin like price tag in the near future. That’s funny but bitter truth.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 30, 2022, 01:29:11 PM
Of course, dogecoin has been around for a long time but I don't believe in the recent pump, might just be because of the Elon acquire twitter and Elon has been talking about Doge for quite sometimes now, hence the pump
Activity: 1876
Merit: 524
October 30, 2022, 10:07:22 AM
First of all, doge and shiba should not be compared. Shiba is a baby crawling next to the doge and will never be like a doge to me. In general terms, the main reason why the doge rose so fast is Elon Musk. He has done this very well, both with the power of his money and with his popularity. The main reason why it has risen recently is that, as you mentioned, Elon Musk bought Twitter. It will probably add doge as a payment method to Twitter soon.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
October 30, 2022, 12:49:50 PM
Each year, Dogecoin has good bull run around late of a year. This year it repeats the history which was made even before the appearance and engagement of Elon Musk and his interest in Dogecoin.

The rise of Dogecoin can indirectly help other "Doge" tokens to fly. I have no idea why people invest or join speculation with tokens only because of their names contain "Doge" word or related to Dog in its name.

Dogecoin is a proof of Work so it is a good altcoin to choose. In addition, the massive love of Elon Musk is helpful for it too. Elon Musk, Twitter and Dogecoin. Elon already becomes Chief Twit so he can more easily to add Dogecoin into Twitter.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
October 30, 2022, 10:04:55 AM
Doge coin was doing well before Elon Musk decided to pump the hell out of the coin, this project is the best community backed crypto coin I guess that's why Elon Musk chooses the project out of many others, Dogecoin will soon become more than a meme coin now that Musk has taken over twitter space.
Maybe yes but can't just easily erase it from the mindset of many people who will still think that Doge is a meme coin and this also Shiba Inu. I say they are unique and far different from their kind but once they are still a meme coin, it keeps generalized that they are not suitable for long-term investment. And they just survive the market competition due to manipulation and shilled by an influential person like Elon Musk.

I don't stop people from investing in this project but it was just to remind the risk in them. Then, it was their decision to take it or just leave it.
Activity: 305
Merit: 106
October 30, 2022, 08:33:20 AM
1. Don't compare doge with shiba. Doge is the only meme coin that counts
2. Yes, it is a cycle. When do we short it ?
Activity: 938
Merit: 275
October 30, 2022, 07:29:35 AM
Doge coin was doing well before Elon Musk decided to pump the hell out of the coin, this project is the best community backed crypto coin I guess that's why Elon Musk chooses the project out of many others, Dogecoin will soon become more than a meme coin now that Musk has taken over twitter space.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1157
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
October 30, 2022, 07:13:03 AM

Yes, of course. You should remember that dogecoin has been around for a long time, if I remember correctly it has been in the market for more than 8 years and Elon only entered the market in 2021. But there's no denying that the doge's success today is due to Elon's hype, before dogecoin was only known as a meme coin, funny coin and didn't get too much attention until it was mentioned by Elon. Assuming from now on Elon will give up doge to shill other memecoins, then doge will not die but it will return to the previous position before elon mentioned.

hhahha the dogecoin is actually to be mother of memecoin and shitcoin despite the fact they have unlimited supply and not much the real use case and they are using PoW that most climate people wont aggree but the dogecoin to be most liquid coin that all over the place Centralized even decentralized in BSC pegged by binance.

and all exchanges have Dogecoin. because indeed Doge "The Mother of memecoin". No doubt, even though the supply is unlimited but many are holding it even Elon Musk has been a Doge fan for a long time and because he is always being tweeted by Elon Doge it starts hype and reaches the most insane ATH in history. But if Doge's history is going to repeat itself or it can hit its highest price again it might require even stronger hype. But anything in the crypto market can happen overnight, it's likely to repeat itself or it's just going to be memecoin in general.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
October 30, 2022, 07:01:11 AM
What happens to Dogecoin in the past is a good way to remember that manipulation is really possible in a decentralized project and when one of the known personalities like EM is capable of it. And until this person still backing up Dogecoin, we can expect that one day a surge of its price can be possible and even more bullish than before. I was going to believe that but I was neglecting to buy Dogecoin since I didn't find any news that could finger point to that particular event. But of course, I will also take ride of its pumps and hypes once it comes again.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1663
October 30, 2022, 05:48:51 AM
From our point of view, much of what is written here is correct. But when the bullrun starts, there must be coins that are strongly publicized by the media. People are primarily interested in what is written in the media, few of them go into detail and look at the technology, or the usability of the coin. For example, if the Los Angeles Rams win the Super Bowl, the team will sell more jerseys. This is a story that is written over and over again, whether in Memecoins or in sports. If you ask a newcomer if Doge has a limit, he probably won't be able to answer that, or maybe he won't understand it. But if he can show a wallet at the next BBQ-Party and has X.XXX.XXX Doge Coins, then he is the king. If you ask him about a limit of Bitcoin, then I hope that he can answered.Maybe these two questions without an explanation are useful at the next party. I will try it if asked.
copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 979
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
October 30, 2022, 02:30:01 AM
Do people really believe DOGE can survive without Elon Musk backing it?

Yes, of course. You should remember that dogecoin has been around for a long time, if I remember correctly it has been in the market for more than 8 years and Elon only entered the market in 2021. But there's no denying that the doge's success today is due to Elon's hype, before dogecoin was only known as a meme coin, funny coin and didn't get too much attention until it was mentioned by Elon. Assuming from now on Elon will give up doge to shill other memecoins, then doge will not die but it will return to the previous position before elon mentioned.

hhahha the dogecoin is actually to be mother of memecoin and shitcoin despite the fact they have unlimited supply and not much the real use case and they are using PoW that most climate people wont aggree but the dogecoin to be most liquid coin that all over the place Centralized even decentralized in BSC pegged by binance.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
October 29, 2022, 11:42:55 PM

I believe Musk is an egomaniac who only cares about the attention he gets from doing things like buying Twitter, making unsustainable cars or half-baked self landing rockets. He is just a bored multi-billionaire who wants more attention. Do people really believe DOGE can survive without Elon Musk backing it?

I for one will not be wasting my time or money just because some useless memecoin did what all cryptocurrencies do every now and then by pumping a decent 50+%.

Absolutely power corrupts absolutely and Elon Musk's mind is corrupted he is now taking us for a ride with how he hype meme coins who would have thought that only Elon can hype a coin like Dogecoin after 8 years of existence some people believe before the hype that Dogecoin is on its way to oblivion but Elon test his influential on a coin that the community unlikely to hype and get a spot in the top standing, I would have praise Elon if he hypes coins or tokens that have proven their worth in the market for a long time, like Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1102
Free Free Palestine
October 29, 2022, 11:21:39 PM
Do people really believe DOGE can survive without Elon Musk backing it?

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
October 29, 2022, 10:44:19 PM
I have been seeing Dogecoiners absolutely giddy about Elon Musk and over whether he will integrate Dogecoin into some Twitter-profit-scheme. This has led to a superficial pump in speculative nature. Why do people believe that Elon is not going to simply drop Dogecoin in the future?

Lets take a look at a similiar memecoin and its history:

Shiba Inu.

SHIB is in the top 13 on CMC and must therefore be a good investment, right? Wrong. It's trading at less than 15% of its ATH and is barely surviving.

Remember when it first came out? The idea was to do what most shitcoin devs were doing at that time and send most of the tokens to the wallet of a famous personality (Vitalik Buterin) in order to prove that the SHIB devs could never rugpull their investors and crash the price - they thought Vitalik would never touch SHIB as if there was supposed to be some unspoken, sacred bond between him and this ERC-20 token. Nobody expected Vitalik to donate the shitcoins/memecoins sent to him and crash the markets. Yet he did. Not all of them. Nonetheless the concept of a rugpull-proof memecoin failed. Vitalik did not care about the value of SHIB or the investors of SHIB. And so SHIB crashed and today has yet to recover even a fifth of its ATH price.

Now we have history repeating itself. Except this time with Dogecoin and Elon Musk as its only pillar of support.

I believe Musk is an egomaniac who only cares about the attention he gets from doing things like buying Twitter, making unsustainable cars or half-baked self landing rockets. He is just a bored multi-billionaire who wants more attention. Do people really believe DOGE can survive without Elon Musk backing it?

I for one will not be wasting my time or money just because some useless memecoin did what all cryptocurrencies do every now and then by pumping a decent 50+%.
Pages:
Jump to: