Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't buy Bitcoin with alts! - page 2. (Read 2412 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
September 06, 2018, 11:27:38 PM
Alts are affected by bitcoin. If you can manage to sell alts and buy bitcoin I would suggest you do it. I think this is the way to go with alts anyway. Bitcoin is a better coin than most altcoins at least in the long run.
Activity: 16
September 06, 2018, 10:23:38 PM
The volatility of this market is very large. At present, the whole market has fallen to a bottom. I believe that investing in cryptocurrency is now a very good choice.
Activity: 35
September 06, 2018, 10:19:12 PM
Those who sell altcoins into bitcoin are to take profits. Their goal is to earn as much Bitcoin as possible. In the end they are the ones who make a lot of money
Activity: 210
September 06, 2018, 10:03:37 PM
Lately the value of bitcoin again increased to 9,700 US dollars after previously had touched low enough level, which is $ 6,400 last month. While last December, bitcoin had touched its highest level to 20,000 US dollars.

The fact that Bitcoin in 2018 is All Time Down is around 5800 USD.
And the cryptocurrency market loses its value of 500,000,000 USD and it's very sad, but I hope it will recover again next year.
Activity: 20
September 06, 2018, 10:00:04 PM
I think and I expect that the main reason why you don't buy Bitcoin with that alternative coin. Because many fraudsters are spread in businesses and industries like this. I didn't believe it too, but there were many victims with this fraud. So we only prevent ourselves from danger. and hopefully that doesn't happen to us.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
September 01, 2018, 05:36:01 PM
I understand your argument and it seems right but the fact is we can't control how people choose to do with their own hard earned coins. Probably, if I think switching to btc will be the best option, I don't know why that should be a bother
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
September 01, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
On the bear market when BTC has 52% dominance it is not bad idea to sell alts and buy BTC as it has lost the less
from it`s value during this decline. In January it had 34 % dominance so if you sold your alts and buy BTC now can
buy back alts cheaper. For example in January for 9 ETH I could buy one BTC  and now I need 24 ETH for a single BTC.
Activity: 350
September 01, 2018, 03:13:49 PM
It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!
I agree with it. I always bought bitcoins for fiat. And so I keep my alcoins, which in a short time can bring good profits
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
September 01, 2018, 01:50:11 PM
This is correct. Alts will dump when weak traders sell off for btc then when btc stabilizes or starts another dump they jump back into buying alts. It's a ridiculous merry-go-round that will leave us in the same level as we are. New money is needed to push btc price well
Activity: 126
September 01, 2018, 01:36:59 PM
well you have a point by bringing up this issue. Not even dumping the price of alts is the main issue here. The main issue is that these alts we dump to buy bitcoins would later in the future appreciate in value.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
September 01, 2018, 12:36:06 AM
It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!

a lot of people are out of fiat. i am about to get back into btc with a lot of fiat though
Activity: 308
Merit: 49
September 01, 2018, 12:32:19 AM
Your opinion came to my mind, so it seems that this is happening in the crypto market now, my friend. Investors prefer to buy Bitcoin with their Altcoin, and this might make supply and demand unbalanced in the crypto market
Activity: 434
August 31, 2018, 11:29:30 PM
might be okay if altcoin converted in bitcoin but certainly also don't completely. This is because the altcoin also has a development well so pretty dear when passed and just rely on the bitcoin. purchase with fiat is also a good thing if you have the funds for it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
August 31, 2018, 11:16:59 PM
We were initially introduced to bitcoin as it is the fundamental coin in cryptocurrency market, thus most of the traders buy altcoins only for a limited time to make profits with bitcoin later after selling altcoins.
Also, some traders feel safe to buy a coin using altcoin and not with fiat
Activity: 322
August 28, 2018, 04:05:29 AM
Great! I am also thinking about this if everyone buys btc with exchange of altcoins then this price will fall so we need to buy with fiat so that this market can be little bit stable which will help the whole market.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
August 31, 2018, 10:07:02 PM
Buying bitcoin with fiat is being done by newbies and I think I understand what you are trying to say here because most alts are dumped but look at the alt
Activity: 329
Merit: 14
August 26, 2018, 02:54:13 PM
Unfortunately, most of the existing cryptocurrencies have not proved to be of practical use in real life, so it is understandable that many are using them exclusively as instruments of short-term speculation, and this is more evident during these bearish periods in which the dominance of bitcoin has increased considerably, as a clear signal that investors have found in the btc a safe haven in times of crisis.

Therefore I think it is not such a bad idea to exchange our altcoins for bitcoins, because experience has shown that in the medium term all the altcoins have tended to depreciate, thereby benefiting His Majesty Bitcoin.
Activity: 146
August 30, 2018, 02:29:37 PM

I don't have any fiat I'm broke.  Just kidding but I'm not sure this type of appeal is going to work.  We need better technology to come forward.  We don't need a giant ponzi scheme.  We need the technology to support the marketcap. 
Activity: 98
August 29, 2018, 09:12:28 PM
I have really tried doing this though. It is always that I'm buying altcoins with bitcoin and not the other way round. Do people actually buy bitcoin with alts? Or it is just that they bought some altcoins and see that it is probably not doing so well, and later decide to convert to bitcoin? I think this is the case for so many of them though, and not that they intentionally just choose to buy their bitcoin with altcoins.
Activity: 21
August 28, 2018, 04:09:33 AM
Because most of people in crypto space are untrained and unprofessional, they won't pay attention to anything. They just fomo and panic and regret and end up in loss
Pages:
Jump to: