Pages:
Author

Topic: DONT FALL FOR THIS SCAM - page 2. (Read 454 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 251
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 19, 2018, 04:40:46 PM
it is a very clever scam by provoking the prey to see the contents of the wallet that surely all who see it want to take it when it is a trap
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 19, 2018, 04:35:47 PM
This is another subtle ways those scammers and hackers used to steal from people's wallet, I thank you for bringing this to the notice of the members of this forum, fraudsters are on the prowl these days, we have to be extraordinary careful not fall for the pranks used by these scammers.
Activity: 841
Merit: 251
July 19, 2018, 04:31:34 PM
Beware, its been a long when that kind of modus come out anywhere. Wish no one got hack or fool by those evil person so lazy and just only trying to take advantage in other person. Each of as are want to earn but why there are people who choose to try evil things to get money.

Just keep safe guys
Activity: 177
Merit: 11
Lacoste
July 19, 2018, 04:25:45 PM
Lazy guys always want to rest and make money by scamming.
Hope that none of us is seduced by him. Haha!
Activity: 322
Thank you for +Merit
July 19, 2018, 04:23:36 PM
If you are offered for free or very inexpensive, something of value - most likely you want to be deceived. "Free cheese only in a mousetrap" Follow this rule and you will not be deceived.
Activity: 782
Merit: 500
July 19, 2018, 04:22:00 PM
Recently, i had met a guy on discord, he seemed like a chill guy, until i learned that he was a scammer, i didnt really care much since he didnt try to scam me, well until he tried to scam me

"668a369e87c01da5bfca9851e6ee86d760e17ee7912d77b7dffe8e0cdf63bcb5"

This is the msg he sent me one day, said it was an ethereum private key he "found" in his "old" hard disk

Me, being curious checked it out on myetherwallet

theres less than a cent worth of eth in it, so i  shrug it off, but then i copy the address and check it on etherscan, it has more than 120k$ worth of tokens on it, never heard of the token before, but the price is posted by etherscan so cant be fake. i try to transfer some eth into it to get fees to transfer the tokens to my wallet, when i realise there are a suspicious amount of comments on that address, i check out and it turns out its a scam, he has a bot on that account transferring all dust that gets sent to that address to  his main account (btw tokens are locked so you cant get em even if your fast enough)
i freak out and send myself another transaction to cancel the previous one... thankfully i used low fees so it hadnt been confirmed yet  Roll Eyes

He  had also multiple times tried to get me into scamming  so  i already disliked him for that, and since i completely hate him now-

Crypto Lord#5440
thats his discord id
please dox him if you can Cheesy

So when you transferred eth to the address, whose coins did you think you were going to steal?
Activity: 252
July 19, 2018, 04:18:49 PM
Thank you for the information. Usually I don't communicate with strangers at all and don't read their messages, but I will still be careful.
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
July 19, 2018, 04:14:28 PM
You all need to remember one very simple but always relevant rule - free cheese is only in a mousetrap. When someone offers you something for free - ask yourself a question - why he needs it. And if an obvious simple answer does not occur to you - you can be sure - with someone who is high in probability, someone wants to deceive you, but you do not know yet how.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
July 19, 2018, 04:12:08 PM
You are upset because you tried to steal someone else's coins and were outsmarted by him? You are just as much at fault as the person you are blaming. If you hadn't been a greedy thief you would have lost nothing. Your own fault.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
July 19, 2018, 04:09:42 PM
So you got scammed for trying to steal? Right. Sounds fair enough to me. Your own greed lost you that eth. Sounds like a Robin Hood scenario to me
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 04:06:27 PM
Few honest people now, and it turns out that anyone could get caught on this bait. A new way to cheat, didn't know it was possible at all.
Activity: 116
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 03:24:18 PM
Thanks for the warning. In the crypto community, something like a virtual arms race is happening - scammers are finding more and more sophisticated ways to take away users of their cryptocurrency.

ya this goes for computer security in general, the hackers and security experts are always one uping each other.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 03:19:13 PM
Thanks for the warning. In the crypto community, something like a virtual arms race is happening - scammers are finding more and more sophisticated ways to take away users of their cryptocurrency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
July 19, 2018, 03:13:09 PM
Free cheese is only in a mousetrap! I would never check other accounts in the first place, as that means you tried to steal somebody's coins/tokens, I am disappointed to hear that, trying to transfer coins/tokens in to your wallet, that's not right! That means you have tried to scam somebody too and you deserve to be scammed, as that would give you a good lesson!!  
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 03:05:28 PM
Recently, i had met a guy on discord, he seemed like a chill guy, until i learned that he was a scammer, i didnt really care much since he didnt try to scam me, well until he tried to scam me

This is the msg he sent me one day, said it was an ethereum private key he "found" in his "old" hard disk

theres less than a cent worth of eth in it, so i  shrug it off, but then i copy the address and check it on etherscan, it has more than 120k$ worth of tokens on it, never heard of the token before, but the price is posted by etherscan so cant be fake. i try to transfer some eth into it to get fees to transfer the tokens to my wallet, when i realise there are a suspicious amount of comments on that address, i check out and it turns out its a scam, he has a bot on that account transferring all dust that gets sent to that address to  his main account (btw tokens are locked so you cant get em even if your fast enough)
i freak out and send myself another transaction to cancel the previous one... thankfully i used low fees so it hadnt been confirmed yet  Roll Eyes

He  had also multiple times tried to get me into scamming  so  i already disliked him for that, and since i completely hate him now-

Crypto Lord#5440
thats his discord id

I have a question for you? Someone showed his private keys to you and you check it out and saw some tokens and you tried to send the person token to your own wallet? Why do you want to steal someone tokens? To be honest, the both of you are scammer, If you are a good person, you won't have wanted to steal his tokens. People should learn how to be honest. #My opinion
Ye, man, you are right. Thief could not steal from the scammer and after that write about own fail on the forum. Excellent story how not to do. And this scheme is well-known  Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
July 19, 2018, 02:56:56 PM
does anyone else believe in free cheese in a mousetrap? Grin many cases of fraud and deception. Stop believing in freebies
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
July 19, 2018, 02:55:43 PM
I see scammers are getting quite creative, I may have fell for that myself as well if I didn't read this post.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
July 19, 2018, 02:52:39 PM

Crypto Lord#5440
thats his discord id

I have a question for you? Someone showed his private keys to you and you check it out and saw some tokens and you tried to send the person token to your own wallet? Why do you want to steal someone tokens? To be honest, the both of you are scammer, If you are a good person, you won't have wanted to steal his tokens. People should learn how to be honest. #My opinion
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
July 19, 2018, 02:40:26 PM
Scam on Sammo actually a lot, even saw when the guys did social networks, Facebook and Twitter advertising, the forum sent a report,and then they were banned for the type, the fact that the project was a Scam, and they advertised it, even such things are
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
July 19, 2018, 02:38:37 PM
There are lots of scammers in groups, I personally use offline computer and my online computer has nothing to do with my keys, address etc.
Pages:
Jump to: