Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't HODL!!! - page 5. (Read 5864 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
November 06, 2015, 06:20:10 PM
This is nonsense. Bitcoin was designed to be used however the fuck you want to use it. Want to use it as a regular currency to buy stuff? cool. Want to hold for 10 years and retire? cool. Everything is a legitimate use, no one can tell you what to do with your money.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
November 06, 2015, 06:06:28 PM
well if this really works this way, why don't you open 2 wallets and just transfer the money 9999x times per day.. lol...

bunch of **** I just read..

like everything in the world, powerful people with big btc balances are controlling the coin... now banks started to do this too.. 1 bank from croatia just bought 1 million of $ in bitcoins... so stop writing nonsense..
Activity: 104
Merit: 100
GetClams.com
November 06, 2015, 05:51:53 PM
How about a balanced approach? SAve some, spend some!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 06, 2015, 05:25:58 PM
Some times, I think we should hold some and use some coins. Some times, I think we hold a small amount, trade and use most. Trading some coin is to make sure there is enough supply, so the coin price is not so volatile.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
November 06, 2015, 04:57:56 PM
People who hodl are worried which does not improve the situation.
Spedn is the obvious thing to do right now. Price wise it is fairly low so do it until the rift happens near the end of the year.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
November 06, 2015, 04:53:42 PM
Are you guys fooking nuts?  Don't HODL!  HODLing is what fucks up Bitcoin.  SPEDN!  Bitcoin was made to be used - not held.  Spend your damn Bitcoin and support Bitcoin friendly merchants and bitcoin traffic.  HODL is for pussies.  

No. HODL is a little bit better than spend right now. Price better reacts to HODL and that's what Bitcoin needs now, greater price, to be widely adopted and to be used as a storage of value which is the most important function.

Just shocking - the number of idiots around here.  Shocking. 

If the price of bitcoin is .00001/$ it works great.  If the price is 10000/$ it also works great.  The functionality is neither increased nor decrease via its price.  Price only helps the speculators who want to realized unearned benefit. 

Spedning keeps the merchants interested and advances the ecosystem.  Hodling does nothing at all.  HODL is dumb. 

Use Bitcoin.  If you don't USE Bitcoin, it won't be useful.  If it is not useful, it will go away.  Get it?  It doesn't take a genius.
legendary
Activity: 888
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
November 06, 2015, 04:44:49 PM
Are you guys fooking nuts?  Don't HODL!  HODLing is what fucks up Bitcoin.  SPEDN!  Bitcoin was made to be used - not held.  Spend your damn Bitcoin and support Bitcoin friendly merchants and bitcoin traffic.  HODL is for pussies.  

No. HODL is a little bit better than spend right now. Price better reacts to HODL and that's what Bitcoin needs now, greater price, to be widely adopted and to be used as a storage of value which is the most important function.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
November 06, 2015, 03:27:44 PM
W.t.f. are you talking about? The more you hodl now, the higher the prize will go in the future. It is all the spending that is killing the coin

Here we see a wild Bitcoiner who has no idea how activity in the Bitcoin ecosystem works.

Bitcoin doesn't mean anything if the coin is dead with no demand because no-one uses it. Spending doesn't even lower the price either unless it's instantly converted to BTC - which happens, but not always. Which isn't even that bad, it still benefits the Bitcoin ecosystem.

Just sit aside a small percentage of your coins to spend and hodl the rest.

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, for god's sake. It's designed to be spent and used for trade, not for you to try to make money.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 06, 2015, 03:24:24 PM
holding and buying is the best you can do to help bitcoin, there is no need to use it if you're not happy with its price

simply holding i agree it's bad, but if you also buy, you help the market to grow, and you remove power from fiat
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
November 06, 2015, 03:00:16 PM
For optimal win, spend during periods where it goes up in price (like now), then buy and hold when it goes down.  Too much holding or too much spending results in fail. 
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
November 06, 2015, 02:54:25 PM

Because the possible tremendous upside in future BTC price, I like to HODL much of my BTC.

But, I SPEDN where I can!  It is fairly hard to find retailers (NONE close to where I live), but there are online sellers of GOLD, and buying gold can use a fair number of BTC.

I like the above suggestions of topping off holdings of BTC after spending, I have been doing so.

I see nothing wrong with holding Bitcoin though.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
November 06, 2015, 02:46:39 PM

Mate you are making some mistakes here. Bitcoin isn't just money which you can spend.It's also an investment vehicle for many.So Bitcoin is having several use cases and just one!Meaning speculating is a big part of it.Furthermore you can not expect people who merely have a whole Bitcoin to spend it if they bet on a future increase for instance. If you have hundreds of bitcoins so go ahead and spend them.Spend them all if you want.
I will remind you when price has reached a few k's and tell you how dumb you are!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
November 06, 2015, 02:17:32 PM
You have to spend some Bitcoins to keep the wheels spinning. I see more and more merchants complaining they do not get enough Bitcoin business and wants to stop accepting Bitcoin.

We must support these Bitcoin businesses, because they support us. I buy a pint or two at my local pub and I pay for other services with Bitcoin too.

Let Satoshi HODL his coins, that is more important.  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
November 06, 2015, 02:09:54 PM
Its difficult to spend, there are few shops or bars that accept it. Holding isn't bad for bitcoin price, what is bad for price is selling bitcoins.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 06, 2015, 02:07:21 PM

Bad timing to consider spending though. also its no big deal if everyone holds and the price of something is 0.1 instead of 1 BTC.  Its infinately divisable for a reason.
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
November 06, 2015, 02:04:50 PM
I would hodl if I had any BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
November 06, 2015, 02:00:37 PM
disagree, holding isn't bad for bitcoin. period.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
November 06, 2015, 01:58:41 PM
Holding bitcoins provides no benefit to Bitcoin. While buying and selling at least contributes liquidity to the markets, which in turn increases the utility of Bitcoin, simply holding bitcoins contributes nothing at all.

HODLers are nothing more than lurkers and leeches.

HODLers like to fantasize that they are contributing by supporting the price, but we all know that Bitcoin works well regardless of the price of a bitcoin. Supporting the price does nothing for Bitcoin.

Furthermore, a stable price results in increased adoption, but HODLers don't want a stable price, they want an increasing price.

HODLers are anti-Bitcoin.

HODLers like to fantasize that the are promoting Bitcoin by recruiting other HODLers, but (again) simply holding bitcoins does nothing for Bitcoin, so more HODLers only means more lurkers and more leeches.

The truth is that HODLers promoting HODLing are really promoting a pyramid scheme based on Bitcoin. In a pyramid scheme, members recruit more members in order to make money for themselves.

HODLers are basically members of a Bitcoin pyramid scheme.

If you want to contribute to Bitcoin, use Bitcoin and convince other people to use Bitcoin.
Fci
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
November 06, 2015, 01:54:49 PM
Did you ever think about the fact  that you can hold bitcoins and ALSO spend them? Just go shopping and immediatley refill the amount you spent for your pizza, shirt, drugs or whatever.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
November 06, 2015, 01:48:01 PM
by "HOLDing" you help the ecosystem too. you generate with this the basis (market cap - a value) of bitcoin.

but it is clever to use bitcoin too when you hold some because you are pushing your own investment when you use bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: