Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't use Miningunited.com/btccheap.com! - page 5. (Read 3188 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Really?! Do we REALLY need MULTIPLE threads for the same discussion? Shouldn't they be all in one location? Do you want to post a new topic with the title:

"Look at my other thread about Mining United and lets discuss exactly what's in the OTHER thread about Mining United"

From the department of redundancy department
The other threads always bumping at top of this forum are more or less advertising it the first pages. So yes, I think it's good to have this one.

Also my opinion is backed up by a bold and blue sentence, making it more important than a merely bold black sentence :p
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Really?! Do we REALLY need MULTIPLE threads for the same discussion? Shouldn't they be all in one location? Do you want to post a new topic with the title:

"Look at my other thread about Mining United and lets discuss exactly what's in the OTHER thread about Mining United"

From the department of redundancy department
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Thanks for the tip
Keep this thread bumped up as long as the Minung-United one does, please Smiley

We as community don't want our newcomers to be screwed the first day the enter the Bitcoin Universe.
As the topic is bumped up again and again and the first pages are very positive:
There is a high  probability of it being scam!

Reasons to believe this:
- a very high amount of new accounts praising the service
- the domain is registered anonymously
- the waiting time is getting longer (-> hint to a long con)
- the interest rate is insanely high (>30% a week?)
- There are a lot of SatoshiDice transactions from MiningUnited adresses
- The excuse for this was kinda shady (some people want to donate in a "funny way")
- we've gotten no proof that they are really running a mining service yet

Well it's been over a week. I've been withholding making this public since I know once I do I will get a payment.

Here you have it, a real long time member saying they don't pay.

https://blockchain.info/address/181n25vgaDfbUYkaynUEo4haCyutcq3v4i

I know this is a long con but now it seems it's also a short con.

And cue the payment with an excuse... 3.. 2.. 1...

To those just now realizing it is a scam ... I mean really.  37% interest for a week?  Really?  Pirate only gave 7% and that was a massive masssive warning sign.

37% weekly interest is 1,286,676,865% annually.  Anyone know a miner which makes 1 billion % profit per year.  i.e. guy a $200 GPU, spend $100 in electricity and get $3,860,030,594 in annual mining rewards.  That is the kind of gross profits they would need ... just to break even and pay all of it out as interest.

Has anyone read their "User Agreement / Terms of Service"?

It is CLEARLY listed at the bottom of every page:

MINING UNITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY / OR ALL TRANSACTIONS AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON WITH NO BITCOIN OR OTHER TYPE REFUND. ANY BITCOIN(S) SENT TO ANY 'BITCOIN ADDRESSES' ON THIS WEBSITE HAVE A ZERO MONETARY VALUE ($USD OR OTHER) ONCE RECEIVED. MINING UNITED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FINANCIAL LOSS RESULTING FROM USE. WITH ALL 'INVESTMENTS' THERE IS ASSUMED RISK.

Mining United will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website: 1) For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or 2) For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Mining United has been expressly advised of the potential loss. Mining United and all related individuals are not responsible for the loss of BitCoins related to the use of this Website and services provided.

We (Mining United) and all parties are not responsible for any lost BitCoins from using any service on this Website and cannot be held responsible. We (Mining United) have the right to shutdown our services at any time with no refund to any current transactions

I got out while I could, you should too. These "terms" have always been there, but it is becoming more clear what their end intentions are!

MINING UNITED AKA "KEVIN CHASTAIN" I HAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THE CLAIMS OF NON PAYOUTS AND THIS POST I WILL OUT YOU. YOU DUMB FUCK SCAMMER I KNEW IT.

Let me translate their "Terms of Service" for you:

Basically it says:
"I am allowed to run away with all your money whenever I want to"

Could a mod edit the first post of the other thread with a warning, please?
Pages:
Jump to: