Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't use web wallet - page 3. (Read 717 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1908
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
May 20, 2019, 01:15:55 PM
The payment was from Bitvest campaign made by Hhampuz and I have been receiving payment for at least 15 weeks.
I have received the payment notification through my email, the transaction is confirmed(coinbase requires 6 confirmation). So, it's a bug, anyway, I intended to encourage people stop using those.
The amount is a few satoshis and I have stated that they might be sent the amount later. But, why do I have to continue with this. It's my satoshi, and there will be my rules, let's use self wallet, no web wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
May 20, 2019, 12:51:57 PM
Maybe they have found a way to blacklist payments from Gambling wallets. Their terms don't allow such payments:

https://www.coinbase.com/legal/user_agreement

But I don't know if that's the reason. Normally, I guess they would just ban your account.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
May 20, 2019, 12:35:47 PM
I'm not going to say you're lying, but it'd be weird for Coinbase to hide your BTC for such a small amount. I'm not sure how Coinbase's wallet works, but maybe it didn't appear on your balance because it wasn't confirmed yet?

Also, any update with your problem with Coinbase? I'm really interested how this is going to be resolved by them.

Fuck Coinbase & Sally @ Coinbase!

Grin
Story time? Tongue
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
May 20, 2019, 12:24:26 PM
Most of the newbies are likely to use Coinbase or blockchain.com for receiving payment. I am gonna share a true story with you. Don't use this anymore.

I have been participating in a signature campaign managed by Hhampuz and I used coinbase BTC address to receive payment. Today, when I received the payment, I got a notification email, but there was no pending transaction in my dashboard. It wasn't even been added to my balance.
Short story-
The transaction was checked by me in block explorer, everything was okay, I even received notification of deposit but no BTC was added to my balance, no record was found on my dashboard.
i have contacted with them, no reply. They may have returned me the payment tomorrow or later, no guarantee though but why do I have to take so much hassle?

We have electrum.
We have electrum android.

Stop using web wallet and/or centralized wallet and/or any exchange.
Once I experienced the same thing with coinbase on my early days at this forum but they returned me the funds after few weeks without any notification to the mail at all so people using coinbase are at the high risk just like how their wallet at risk the the hackers. Grin
legendary
May 20, 2019, 11:00:55 AM

Grin
Imagine I received the deposit notification but no balance added? I instantly changed myself and I am no loner using any web wallet. This is the same we are giving responsibility to bank for keeping our fund and we have to take the hassle if anything happen.
Use electrum, be the controller of your fund.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
May 20, 2019, 10:55:40 AM

Grin
legendary
May 20, 2019, 10:53:10 AM
Most of the newbies are likely to use Coinbase or blockchain.com for receiving payment. I am gonna share a true story with you. Don't use this anymore.

I have been participating in a signature campaign managed by Hhampuz and I used coinbase BTC address to receive payment. Today, when I received the payment, I got a notification email, but there was no pending transaction in my dashboard. It wasn't even been added to my balance.
Short story-
The transaction was checked by me in block explorer, everything was okay, I even received notification of deposit but no BTC was added to my balance, no record was found on my dashboard.
i have contacted with them, no reply. They may have returned me the payment tomorrow or later, no guarantee though but why do I have to take so much hassle?

We have electrum.
We have electrum android.

Stop using web wallet and/or centralized wallet and/or any exchange.

Update-
After more than 60 hours, coinbase refund me. I thank their support although it was a bit late. I wouldn't mind to use coinbase but occasionally.
Pages:
Jump to: