Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't you think we should use BTC as a medium instead of capital gain ? - page 4. (Read 493 times)

Activity: 296
Merit: 10
As far as I know, Bitcoin was created to be a form of payment on the internet. But it seems a lot of people have misunderstood the Bitcoin feature, and they think Bitcoin is like gold.  So they invest in Bitcoin rather than use  Bitcoin as a means of payment
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
Many have long been used as a means of payment. For me it is a slow processing process. And so far I see only as an investment for the future.
Activity: 331
StartFi
Yes I agree with you on this. We shouldn't limit bitcoin to investment s only. Rather we must use it as a medium of transaction like the traditional currency. I want to use bitcoin in day to day life.

Everybody who invests in Bitcoin and expects price increase is due to the trend of the market. All the old investors have made a lot of money, and new investors are looking to make a profit like the old investors. So they see Bitcoin as a coin that can invest and make a profit
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
Do you think we should change our attitude towards bitcoin ? Don't you think we should use BTC as a medium instead of capital gain.
Why should we choose if it should be an investment or currency if it can be both? Remember that currency like usd can also be an investment so why not with cryptocurrency that is way better investment that usd because of its high volatility. And also ask yourself where can you use your Bitcoin, in some places I agree that there are already some uses for it, but how about other places that merchants and stores still don't want to add Bitcoin to their payment options? so people there have no choice to use it for payment. For me before this thing to happen, businesses should start adopting Bitcoin payments and also people should be willing to use their Bitcoins as payment, because it is useless if businesses will just adopt it but no one wants to use their Bitcoins.
copper member
Activity: 518
Yes I agree with you on this. We shouldn't limit bitcoin to investment s only. Rather we must use it as a medium of transaction like the traditional currency. I want to use bitcoin in day to day life.
Activity: 107
Bitcoin holding is very risky and I think holders are rewarded with the capital gain , it is not to be used as only medium for exchange but as an investment tools also.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Just use bitcoin as you want,because bitcoin was found to be used under freedom so there is no definite path to use it,just use on your mind how it wants to.I like to do use it as a currency not as a bump and dump coin so I am just holding now until the time comes when we can use bitcoin to buy a coffee or a vodka. Cheesy
Activity: 658
In my opinion, I can use it as both strategies. In many places it has started to use as a medium of exchange. I hope in future the exchanges would be expand to great extent.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
People have earned a lot of money investing on BTC and the way its popularity is increasing, there'll surely be more demand in future for investing. However, in different countries BTC is also used as a medium of exchange. For example, in different places compensation of employees is given using it. Though, the popularity as a medium is low. It may gradually increase in future.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP, I assume you are asking from a point of view that Bitcoin's future "would be better" if it was a medium of exchange first, and a store of value second?

You should remember that it took gold hundreds of years to become a good and stable store value before it became a medium of exchange. I believe Bitcoin will follow the same path and will take as much time as it can too.

so your saying just sit on your hands and wait and see...

so what your saying is dont use bitcoin and wait hundreds of years... (facepalm)

WOW your more sheepish by the day

Did I say that? Wait for hundreds of years before it can be used as a medium of exchange? Are you that moronic? #facepalm

firstly gold was in ancient eqypt treated as an asset. held only by rich pharoahs. (store of value(sign of wealth)). then it became more common when the wild west mining occured. then it again became something only the rich hoarded again and people commonly handled other things.. this time paper.

stop comparing bitcoin to gold. gold had features/utility/ benefits and reason to mine it. if you really want to stick with the ass kissers that want to lock bitcoin up and let commoners just play around with unaudited/unconfirmed transactions that need second party approval. then go play with fiat.
letting the dvs strangle onchain utility/innovation purely to side step people into other ntworks . is like how the bold standard bank notes and eventual removal of gold backed notes occured,

Ass kissers? The ass kisser here is you for sticking with the fraudster Roger Ver who is also allied to the scammer Craig Wright. If you want to attack the argument then go ahead. But there should be respect.

the ethos of bitcoin was to have something that can be USED to not need to rely on fiat.. but if all bitcoin is going to turn into is hoarding and playing with offchain fiatesque insecure 'receipts' and only re-entering onchain to so that fiat lovers can run back to fiat with more fiat.. then the ethos and purpose of bitcoin is lost.

I would be happy to see Bitcoin Cash scale to billions of users only to prove the point that the block size must be regulated, and to scale, offchain is the best way to do it.

how about stop kissing devs ass. stop letting them divert attention away from bitcoin and towards unaudited sidechains/other networks/social dramas.. and actually get them to sort out the mainnet.

No, you stop kissing Roger Ver's ass. Haha.

are you really that fooled by thinking bitcoin can continue as is..

You are fooled that big blocks for Bitcoin are sustainable. But in Bitcoin Cash it is ok because no one uses it. Dogecoin has more transactions onchain. Hahaha.

but also be treated as the thing that cant scale.. where the only reason is it cant scale is those shouting it cant scale are the ones preventing it from scaling.
do you not see Luke Jr flip flop about with his 2mb is bad.. thn 4mb weight is good. bitcoin cant scale, vaulting bitcoin and using hub managers is good..

Stop going back to your "Luke Jr" debate. Quote the source and be done.

i emphasise bitcoins mainnet has gone stagnant because the devs only care about their commercial services..

What "commercial" services and what "stagnant mainnet"? Both lies. The stagnant mainnet is Bitcoin Cash with its almost empty 32mb blocks!

i emphasise bitcoins mainnet needs new devs that will concentrate on mainnet.. not the alternative networks rquiring second party permissions.

Is that the real goal? Kick out the Core developers? Who do you believe should replace them?

do not even bother screaming the PR adverts of alternative networks. its all been said and done. years ago it was if you dont like it F**k off.
LN is not a sole feature that will 'make bitcoin great again' the dvs screaming bitcoin cant scale are already dsigning LN to be used to move people to altcoins which will settle onchain(of the altcoin) fastr and cheaper than settling bitcoin onchain. thus permenantly locking bitcoin into "factories" (fort knox vaults)

What? Hahaha. Everyone wear your tinfoil hats. franky1 is spreading Roger Ver's misinformation again.

i really am astonished how so many are brainshwashed into thinking bitcoin is a AI that self fixes and all that is required is sticking head in the sand, sitting on our hands and waiting for utopia..

Utopia will then be in Bitcoin Cash because "Bitcoin Cash is Bitcoin because Satoshi's Vision"? Maybe kick out Roger Ver then make the coin good on its own merit instead of your Bitcoin FUD and misinformation.

oh and if you want to rebut that bitcoin price will kep bitcoin in number 1 spot.. ur fooling yourself. if the dvs you love so much initiate a PoW change to make it cheaper to mine (facepalm) guess what.. it will be cheaper to mine, thus easier to sell for less and still profit, thus the support levels evaporate.

imagine if gold only cost $1 to mine 1 ounce. instead of near $1k per ounce..
imagine if gold had no function/utility for day to day use and became only a hoarder asset.

There are calls for a POW change but the majority of developers will be against it. Do not talk about it as if it is sure of happening to misinform the people.

think about it
oh and dont reply with the core defense cap on. just talk about BITCOIN not defend the devs..  the devs are temporary and have lost interest. as i said even they are saying bitcoin is dead by saying it cant scale and cant be a medium of exchange.. so stop defending them.

Satoshi will talk about Bitcoin. He will not defend Core.

Plus no one said it cannot be a medium of exchange. But it is a store of value first, medium of exchange second.

now take some time and think about bitcoin. the mainnet protocol. not the crapcoin sidechains and LN altrnative unaudited networks.
think about defending bitcoin and actually realise there are issues and they need sorting.

Defending Bitcoin? But where is the "attack"? The only attack I see is Bitcoin Cash and Roger Ver saying that "Bitcoin Cash is Bitcoin".
Activity: 56
We should start considering Bitcoin as a currency rather than a long-term investment which will generate profit. To generate profit, Bitcoin will have to become popular thanks to being widely accepted and needed. Too many people focus only on the price and complain about it all the time. I'm fed up with it, I hope that people will change their attitude.
Thanks,  I am totally agree with you. I am working on this issue for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
OP, I assume you are asking from a point of view that Bitcoin's future "would be better" if it was a medium of exchange first, and a store of value second?

You should remember that it took gold hundreds of years to become a good and stable store value before it became a medium of exchange. I believe Bitcoin will follow the same path and will take as much time as it can too.

so your saying just sit on your hands and wait and see...

so what your saying is dont use bitcoin and wait hundreds of years... (facepalm)

WOW your more sheepish by the day

firstly gold was in ancient eqypt treated as an asset. held only by rich pharoahs. (store of value(sign of wealth)). then it became more common when the wild west mining occured. then it again became something only the rich hoarded again and people commonly handled other things.. this time paper.

stop comparing bitcoin to gold. gold had features/utility/ benefits and reason to mine it. if you really want to stick with the ass kissers that want to lock bitcoin up and let commoners just play around with unaudited/unconfirmed transactions that need second party approval. then go play with fiat.
letting the dvs strangle onchain utility/innovation purely to side step people into other ntworks . is like how the bold standard bank notes and eventual removal of gold backed notes occured,

the ethos of bitcoin was to have something that can be USED to not need to rely on fiat.. but if all bitcoin is going to turn into is hoarding and playing with offchain fiatesque insecure 'receipts' and only re-entering onchain to so that fiat lovers can run back to fiat with more fiat.. then the ethos and purpose of bitcoin is lost.

how about stop kissing devs ass. stop letting them divert attention away from bitcoin and towards unaudited sidechains/other networks/social dramas.. and actually get them to sort out the mainnet.

are you really that fooled by thinking bitcoin can continue as is.. but also be treated as the thing that cant scale.. where the only reason is it cant scale is those shouting it cant scale are the ones preventing it from scaling.
do you not see Luke Jr flip flop about with his 2mb is bad.. thn 4mb weight is good. bitcoin cant scale, vaulting bitcoin and using hub managers is good..

i emphasise bitcoins mainnet has gone stagnant because the devs only care about their commercial services..
i emphasise bitcoins mainnet needs new devs that will concentrate on mainnet.. not the alternative networks rquiring second party permissions.

do not even bother screaming the PR adverts of alternative networks. its all been said and done. years ago it was if you dont like it F**k off.
LN is not a sole feature that will 'make bitcoin great again' the dvs screaming bitcoin cant scale are already dsigning LN to be used to move people to altcoins which will settle onchain(of the altcoin) fastr and cheaper than settling bitcoin onchain. thus permenantly locking bitcoin into "factories" (fort knox vaults)

i really am astonished how so many are brainshwashed into thinking bitcoin is a AI that self fixes and all that is required is sticking head in the sand, sitting on our hands and waiting for utopia..

oh and if you want to rebut that bitcoin price will kep bitcoin in number 1 spot.. ur fooling yourself. if the dvs you love so much initiate a PoW change to make it cheaper to mine (facepalm) guess what.. it will be cheaper to mine, thus easier to sell for less and still profit, thus the support levels evaporate.
imagine if gold only cost $1 to mine 1 ounce. instead of near $1k per ounce..
imagine if gold had no function/utility for day to day use and became only a hoarder asset.

think about it
oh and dont reply with the core defense cap on. just talk about BITCOIN not defend the devs..  the devs are temporary and have lost interest. as i said even they are saying bitcoin is dead by saying it cant scale and cant be a medium of exchange.. so stop defending them.

now take some time and think about bitcoin. the mainnet protocol. not the crapcoin sidechains and LN altrnative unaudited networks.
think about defending bitcoin and actually realise there are issues and they need sorting.

Activity: 280
Merit: 15
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
We should start considering Bitcoin as a currency rather than a long-term investment which will generate profit. To generate profit, Bitcoin will have to become popular thanks to being widely accepted and needed. Too many people focus only on the price and complain about it all the time. I'm fed up with it, I hope that people will change their attitude.
this is something that can not be avoided. you can always tell people to start using bitcoin as a currency because it is a currency but because it is new, scarce and is being adopted slowly but constantly, its price will continue to rise so people will also see it as an investment and would want to make profit from it also.

but that doesn't change much about it though. bitcoin is still a currency and is being used as one. in fact the only reason why it is rising in the long run (unlike altcoins which drop in the long run) is the fact that it is adopted as a currency.
Thanks for the agreement . Yes it is true that it has a possibility of rising in future.  But I like to see it as a currency not investment. May be people do not pay attention right now but they will understand my thoughts very soon.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
this is something that can not be avoided. you can always tell people to start using bitcoin as a currency because it is a currency but because it is new, scarce and is being adopted slowly but constantly, its price will continue to rise so people will also see it as an investment and would want to make profit from it also.

but that doesn't change much about it though. bitcoin is still a currency and is being used as one. in fact the only reason why it is rising in the long run (unlike altcoins which drop in the long run) is the fact that it is adopted as a currency.
Bitcoin is already being used as a medium of exchange side by side fiat. Also for exchange of products just like the role fiat does. In fact, it plays these two different roles of exchange and capital gain. For the hodlers, it is profitable to store for the future.
If you want to get future gain there is a possibility of capital loss. And the capital loss is happening right now. Most of the cryptocurrencies already lost 70% since last December. If we want to see cryptocurrency market as a stable then we should prohibit our tendency to get capital gain.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
At first, that's what I thought too to myself but when reality hits you, you will know that it won't happen for a very long time. As of now, investors and medias alike are promoting Bitcoin as way of profit or an investment rather than a way of transaction for the masses, which hides the truth about it, in turn, most people are now afraid to engage in it. It really sad that people see this this way. But never worry though, someday Bitcoin would be treated as the way it was meant to be.
Activity: 162
As a store of value product, I think BTC is not good, but BTC can be used as a speculative product. The price of BTC is too high and the price fluctuation is too large, so it is not suitable for holding all the time.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
Bitcoin is already being used as a medium of exchange side by side fiat. Also for exchange of products just like the role fiat does. In fact, it plays these two different roles of exchange and capital gain. For the hodlers, it is profitable to store for the future.
But gold has a real existence where cryptocurrency is just a digital currency.  In this case I don't think BTC will be able retain store value like gold in future.
You are probably wrong Cheesy Because bitcoin really exist and that is the one thing miners are here to make sure of it to happen, Gold exist physically and so does bitcoin. Hash power and the consumed electricity are the backbones of bitcoin as they are what makes bitcoin to have value. If you can't fake or double the amount of gold you have, There is also no possibility to fake or double any amount of bitcoin, That is all we need.
Bitcoin as payment by converting Fiat to Bitcoin and using Bitcoin as payment every time you shop
You could also mine bitcoin and run full nodes to support the network. Converting fiat to bitcoin is not the only way to support it.
Hash power is also an intangible.  So, it doesn't has physical existence at all. But I really expect to have a sustainable growth of cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: