Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't you think we should use BTC as a medium instead of capital gain ? - page 5. (Read 493 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506
But gold has a real existence where cryptocurrency is just a digital currency.  In this case I don't think BTC will be able retain store value like gold in future.
You are probably wrong Cheesy Because bitcoin really exist and that is the one thing miners are here to make sure of it to happen, Gold exist physically and so does bitcoin. Hash power and the consumed electricity are the backbones of bitcoin as they are what makes bitcoin to have value. If you can't fake or double the amount of gold you have, There is also no possibility to fake or double any amount of bitcoin, That is all we need.
Bitcoin as payment by converting Fiat to Bitcoin and using Bitcoin as payment every time you shop
You could also mine bitcoin and run full nodes to support the network. Converting fiat to bitcoin is not the only way to support it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Bitcoin at its core is a payment system and we should use it in that way instead of focusing on speculation activities. However, since Bitcoin is in its early phase of development, there is a high probability of earning exponential gains but that is going to happen only if we are using Bitcoin as a payment system. Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to spend their funds instead of holding and now it is our responsibility to do the same.
Thanks for the supporting to my thoughts.  If we work together then we can change the conventional way of thinking about bitcoin.
Do you think we should change our attitude towards bitcoin ? Don't you think we should use BTC as a medium instead of capital gain.
You can do all that, Why not both? Hold Bitcoin if you believe it is a profitable investment, also you can support Bitcoin as payment by converting Fiat to Bitcoin and using Bitcoin as payment every time you shop
I want to do both of them. But look at the fluctuations of BTC's price. Having such frequent and huge fluctuations I can't do it both. I think no one can do both of them.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Bitcoin at its core is a payment system and we should use it in that way instead of focusing on speculation activities. However, since Bitcoin is in its early phase of development, there is a high probability of earning exponential gains but that is going to happen only if we are using Bitcoin as a payment system. Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to spend their funds instead of holding and now it is our responsibility to do the same.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Decentralized Digital Billboards
Do you think we should change our attitude towards bitcoin ? Don't you think we should use BTC as a medium instead of capital gain.
You can do all that, Why not both? Hold Bitcoin if you believe it is a profitable investment, also you can support Bitcoin as payment by converting Fiat to Bitcoin and using Bitcoin as payment every time you shop
Activity: 308
Yes it is true, but most people do not care about it. I think most people here just because of the profits. And if this were not then the people here were much less.
Activity: 126
Bitcoin is very flexible, depending on your desire to use bitcoin like. Investing for bitcoin is useful but using bitcoin as a means of payment is also important, I think it would be better if we can use it for both.
OP, I assume you are asking from a point of view that Bitcoin's future "would be better" if it was a medium of exchange first, and a store of value second?

You should remember that it took gold hundreds of years to become a good and stable store value before it became a medium of exchange. I believe Bitcoin will follow the same path and will take as much time as it can too.
You are probably right.  But gold has a real existence where cryptocurrency is just a digital currency.  In this case I don't think BTC will be able retain store value like gold in future.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP, I assume you are asking from a point of view that Bitcoin's future "would be better" if it was a medium of exchange first, and a store of value second?

You should remember that it took gold hundreds of years to become a good and stable store value before it became a medium of exchange. I believe Bitcoin will follow the same path and will take as much time as it can too.
Bitcoin has already been given the status of a good source of income.  People  want to become rich at the earliest possible by investing here.  I think presently most of the people are using it as an investment instead of using as currency for economic transactions.
Because it has been taken as investment that is why it's price moves in a wide range of up and down.
Using cryptocurrency as an investment is a bigmistak. It is actually a currency.  So,we should change our view to the BTC as well as other cryptocurrency or else something worst may happen.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Bitcoin has already been given the status of a good source of income.  People  want to become rich at the earliest possible by investing here.  I think presently most of the people are using it as an investment instead of using as currency for economic transactions.
Because it has been taken as investment that is why it's price moves in a wide range of up and down.
Pages:
Jump to: