Pages:
Author

Topic: Dow Jones Price Drop & The Corona Virus? - page 5. (Read 713 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
January 31, 2020, 08:46:07 AM
Where's o_e_l_e_o when you need him?  I'd like to hear his opinion about this, as I strongly suspect that this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion, just like SARS, swine flu, H1N1, and whatever other bugs have made the news in recent years.  Yes, they all can be deadly--but so can the regular flu virus. 

There's not just one corona virus, by the way.  It's a whole family of viruses, and they're nothing new at all.  One of the strains just happens to be a bit more deadly than previous versions, and even then it hasn't killed that many people.  I don't know the numbers, but I'd like to see a comparison of the death toll from this new corona virus with that of traffic accidents.

I also don't think any of this has much to do with the stock market, bitcoin, or any other investment unless you consider some pharmaceutical company stocks.  Whoever is working on a vaccine will probably see a bump in their stock, though it'll be temporary I'm sure.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
January 31, 2020, 03:53:16 AM
Seemingly the latest news of the sudden Dow Jones price drop saga is aimed at "The Corona Virus". A little known about deadly virus causing death and despair. Amazing if true, how a  virus can effect the world's economies in such a way? Is it a cover up for something else? As usual any thoughts or comments are more than welcome.

The Corona Virus will hit the Economy of China for sure,but I doubt that it might hit the US or global economy really hard.After one month,the virus will be under control and we will forget about it.
By the way,today is Brexit,I don't know if it's going to influence Dow Jones and the global markets,because it was an anticipated event,but the global markets are becoming more and more sensitive about everything that happens around the world.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
January 31, 2020, 12:08:19 AM
Seemingly the latest news of the sudden Dow Jones price drop saga is aimed at "The Corona Virus". A little known about deadly virus causing death and despair. Amazing if true, how a  virus can effect the world's economies in such a way?
It is not that amusing as the virus that started in China has already spread to over 18 countries and it is a deadly virus and if it is not controlled properly it will reach your neighborhood sooner than you can expect and it is a global emergency right now and if something like that happens that threatens everyone then the economics will get affected and that will reflect in the stock market. The drop in the US market was recovered in the end but these types of global Pandemic will have an affect on the market and there is no cover up Tongue.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
January 30, 2020, 11:38:53 PM
Basically no one wants to go to China now. Most of the neighboring countries are already closing their borders to stop this virus from spreading. The number of infected people already crossing over all SARS.

Source - thewuhanvirus.com/

Particularly travel industries will affect the most and this indirectly brings down the countries economy if their economy depends mostly on the travel industry.

Airline industries also will be affected by this because of canceling many flights to China.

Where the most numbers of people are affected will reduce their social activities and this is nothing but spending less and small businesses will affect.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
January 30, 2020, 11:21:15 PM

I am not surprised of this story since the market can really be reacting to anything whether that something has direct, indirect or even no effect on anything. The market is based on psychology and perception. We know that many industries are affected right now with the ongoing 2019-nCov menace especially in China, and we know that whenever something bad is happening in China the global economy can somehow be affected. Hopefully, while the virus has drawdown effect on the traditional economy this can however push Bitcoin up.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 10
January 30, 2020, 12:45:42 PM
Seemingly the latest news of the sudden Dow Jones price drop saga is aimed at "The Corona Virus". A little known about deadly virus causing death and despair. Amazing if true, how a  virus can effect the world's economies in such a way? Is it a cover up for something else? As usual any thoughts or comments are more than welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: