Pages:
Author

Topic: Dream Islands lottery (win up to 20BTC jackpot) - page 2. (Read 4720 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Freelance videographer
Update: The original post has now been clarified and simplified. The games are still open so enter while you can.The round is still open so please encourage other people you know to enter the lottery here: 1Dd8ZWThgFW97toK7kvrbVLpiNBQPTaheJ and spread the word as well.

The jackpot is (up to) 20BTC for the winner so enter now.

Thanks. Smiley
legendary
Freelance videographer
Things are looking quiet in this thread. Why not spread the word to everyone so they all have the chance to enter the lottery. Keep things going and keep it fun for everyone. Make the most of this extended round. I'm open to feedback again so if you have any suggestions,please post them here so I can make changes work better (bear in mind I can't code anything so it'll have to be general or anythnig else that isn't coding based at all).No trolls please.

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
It's all gd 2 know film2240.thanx.
legendary
Freelance videographer
There is still time to enter so please join in if you can.

Did a new round start?  I thought the last lottery ended on March 19th?

I apologise for the confusion guys.The lottery that originally started from the 5th March was meant to end on 19/3/2012.Since I failed to update the info on the site about the change of deadline. As a gesture of good will,I've extended the deadline until all entries are recieved.From now on,rounds will be annouced on here and not on the site,that way there can be no confusion about the rounds.Since the round was extended,the BTC to enter will stay the same until a new round starts. All entries recieved so far will still count (so no need to re-enter). Good luck for everyone in the lottery guys. Smiley

This is still round 1 guys.I like to give a chance for everyone to enter so that it's a fair game for all (even if it means extending the current round) :-)

I hope this clears things up. In future I'll try to be more forthcoming of any changes (proposed or otherwise) and be more careful not to cause confusion.
Have a good day (and night) guys Smiley
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Did a new round start?  I thought the last lottery ended on March 19th?
legendary
Freelance videographer
Thanks for entering gorgo1.Good luck by the way for the lottery everyone. Smiley

Thanks
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
I've made an entry into the Dream Islands lottery. 0.05 Bitcoins an entry. I hope I win this. (C'mon big money.) Smiley
legendary
Freelance videographer
All feedback up to this point 18-3-2012 (18th march 2012) has been considered.I'm happy to announce that the games are now officially open  Cool
There's still some time left for all of those interested in entering the lottery.So far 1 person has entered.There's plenty of room for everyone to join :-)
legendary
Freelance videographer
This will be a lottery where each entry costs 0.05 BTC for the jackpot of 20 BTC (500 entries available) on this first round. This lottery is different in 3 ways:

a.Each person can make multiple entries (up to 10 max per person,anymore than this and they will be ignored from 1 person to keep things fair) to increase their chance of winning (It's still randomly decided,it's just that multiple entries will increase the chance of winning if you are chosen)

You've really no way of enforcing this beyond not accepting more than 10 entries with the same sending address. The coderr anonymity extensions to the mainline client, and I believe armory both allow you to set the sending address to be used. The mainstream bitcoin client can also do it at the command line but it is a bit of a pain.

marked

Since there is no technical way I know of for enforcing this rule,I'll simply have to ignore more than 10 entries from the same address as that's easier or even yet abolish the rule (but if I do that it won't be fair to people at all so I have to set a cap). Thanks for your feedback marked. Should I abolish the rule or keep it?

Edit:On second thought,Since I see no easy way of keeping an eye on which addresses have entered,It'd be a lot easier and fairer (on me and everyone by not tracking BTC addreses at all) if I abolished that rule. I now see no need for this rule so it'll be removed.This should mean a more fun lottery.It's completely random now Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
This will be a lottery where each entry costs 0.05 BTC for the jackpot of 20 BTC (500 entries available) on this first round. This lottery is different in 3 ways:

a.Each person can make multiple entries (up to 10 max per person,anymore than this and they will be ignored from 1 person to keep things fair) to increase their chance of winning (It's still randomly decided,it's just that multiple entries will increase the chance of winning if you are chosen)

You've really no way of enforcing this beyond not accepting more than 10 entries with the same sending address. The coderr anonymity extensions to the mainline client, and I believe armory both allow you to set the sending address to be used. The mainstream bitcoin client can also do it at the command line but it is a bit of a pain.

marked
legendary
Freelance videographer
Hi,
I'm launching a lottery.I plan to make this a good,fun and fair game for everyone.Since I'm new to this I'll be open to feedback before I relaunch this officially.You are all welcome to suggest,praise,critique as you please but no trolling please as I'm very new to launching and running these games.

It's all here: http://film2240.webs.com/dreamislandslottery.htm
All intents and info is fully transparent. It's a simple pay for a lotto ticket to enter like in other games now.

I'm looking forward to hearing feedback and working with you all to make this a great lottery.Thanks. :-)

You can enter by entering here as well now: 1Dd8ZWThgFW97toK7kvrbVLpiNBQPTaheJ

Edit:added an easy payment button so you don't need to ask me or go through me anymore which should speed up the entry process and people can now enter even when I'm offline.

My lottery website has now undergone some updates containing the easier to use payment method as well as more up to date information.Expenses have now been reduced by a fair margin so for the first time,there may be a little bonus from the reduced expenses added to the jackpot.You'll find out how much when the winners have been picked at the end of the round.

Please test this button and see if it works for me as I'm new to using bit-pay.com.It'll ask for an email but don't worry it'll just send you a recipt. Only thing to do is once you get a recipt,Just PM me so I can give you a ticket no along with your forum name so I know it's you.
Pages:
Jump to: