Author

Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99! - page 136. (Read 273558 times)

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Hi Barntech,

To calculate BTC required: Multiply the number of chips desired by $25 (cost=chips*US$25) to arrive at the $US dollar amount. Then times this amount but the current exchange rate (currently 1BTC = US$104).

I want to order chips with BTC.  Today MTgox exchange rate is $120/btc.  So, to calculate btc amount which exchange rate should I use ?

Regards

libertybuck

Hey.

Yes, sorry, i've been busy and haven't updated. Go with US $120 for the exchange rate. I'll go change that now.

Cheers

Barntech
Have you considered opening up a merchant account on bitpay.com? I opened one recently and it's reasonably painless. Does on the spot BTC/USD calc and can pay you automatically in AUD.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hi Barntech,

To calculate BTC required: Multiply the number of chips desired by $25 (cost=chips*US$25) to arrive at the $US dollar amount. Then times this amount but the current exchange rate (currently 1BTC = US$104).

I want to order chips with BTC.  Today MTgox exchange rate is $120/btc.  So, to calculate btc amount which exchange rate should I use ?

Regards

libertybuck

Hey.

Yes, sorry, i've been busy and haven't updated. Go with US $120 for the exchange rate. I'll go change that now.

Cheers

Barntech
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Hi Barntech,

Regards

libertybuck
Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
If you are going to the trouble of overclocking, then you would make a proper enclosure for it, not a 3.5" drive bay.
If they're small enough, rig up a 4-in-3 enclosure (for 5.25" bays) with a half-dozen boards, and a 120mm fan blowing over them. Grin

1 FAn seems a bit too less for a few OCed boards, i think
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
If you are going to the trouble of overclocking, then you would make a proper enclosure for it, not a 3.5" drive bay.
If they're small enough, rig up a 4-in-3 enclosure (for 5.25" bays) with a half-dozen boards, and a 120mm fan blowing over them. Grin
That's great. Will you release a cooling system with it so to be like pre-built OC? So maybe before shipment we could choose and pay for extra for the cooling system pre-built in it?

Does this group buy need to clear all the chips before completing? Or it will be delivered anyway in late Oct?
I will pbb buy soon Smiley will there be any updates soon?

Yes we're looking into providing cooling as an optional extra, either in the form of a heatsink or a case with fans built in. See where we get to on this. Priority first is to get the boards happening, and then we'll look at the other bits and pieces.

Regarding clearing all the chips, i have asnswered this one a few times now, though i know the thread is a bit long and tedious to read through. I'm gonna build an FAQ section on the front page to deal with things like this. So the answer is, if there are few enough chips left that we can afford to buy the rest out once october rolls around, then we will. My rough guess was 500. Lets see how we're looking as we get closer.

Cheers

Barntech
I have sent payment (in bitcoin) for 16 chips on 2 boards, with assembly, to the address listed for this group buy, and sent email with my shipping and transaction details to [email protected].

Please confirm, Barntech. Cheers~

I'm in the states, so I'm hoping these can be shipped with whatever documentation might be required to get them through customs. Can you comment on that?

Got your payment Todamont. Shouldn't be a problem getting through customs. They will be marked as computer equipment.

Cheers
erk
The good thing is that there are other Sha 256 currencies out there and then can be converted into other currencies. So even if mining Bitcoin becomes impossible for small timers, there will be options.

I am actually mining ZET a new SHA256 coin atm. It's not worth much but might as well stock up whilst the block rewards are at their highest.

Activity: 138
The good thing is that there are other Sha 256 currencies out there and then can be converted into other currencies. So even if mining Bitcoin becomes impossible for small timers, there will be options.
Activity: 146
Lol doesn't take much to do better then those block erupters. But it all depends on if we get the boards in a timely manner. AND if we do it's gonna make diff exponentially higher due to us mining. Double edge sword but at least price is resonable for the gamble....
I just bought one of these and looking forward to using it. I did some numbers on http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php and it seems the $300 purchase price will show a return rather quickly, allot quicker than using the Block Erupters.
Activity: 138
I just bought one of these and looking forward to using it. I did some numbers on http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php and it seems the $300 purchase price will show a return rather quickly, allot quicker than using the Block Erupters.
erk
My only concern is the what the diff will be by the time i get my boards. However that being said it'll still be better then the current usb's that are out right now. Roll Eyes
The diff will be high, the BTC price hasn't risen to reflect this, many miners sell below their mining cost because they are either desperate or too slack to work out their true cost. The idea is mine but don't sell until the price is right.

Activity: 146
My only concern is the what the diff will be by the time i get my boards. However that being said it'll still be better then the current usb's that are out right now. Roll Eyes
erk
I'm hoping it will be the right size that I can fit it in a hard drive bay with a fan blowing over it, overclocked and tidy  Smiley

Activity: 61
I'm hoping it will be the right size that I can fit it in a hard drive bay with a fan blowing over it, overclocked and tidy  Smiley

I don't have the exact specs but based on the 3d rendering it looks like it may be around a 4in x 4in board.. if so it wont fit in the 3.5in bays unless its at an angle...
Activity: 560
Activity: 61
that drillbit pci-e card looks awesome, hope to see it can be use for better ghash chip in the future, then i might go for this
Is it a PCI-e connector? Will I be able to plug one of these boards straight into my motherboard slots - that would be awesome.

Being a USB device, you could jimmy up a cable to plug it directly into the motherboard rather than via the case. that would allow you to entirely contain a board within your PC
Which, is something i'm considering myself, for the novelty awesomeness factor.

You thinking cutting off the USB-A male end and buying/splicing it to a 10 pin female header?
Activity: 238
that drillbit pci-e card looks awesome, hope to see it can be use for better ghash chip in the future, then i might go for this
Is it a PCI-e connector? Will I be able to plug one of these boards straight into my motherboard slots - that would be awesome.

Being a USB device, you could jimmy up a cable to plug it directly into the motherboard rather than via the case. that would allow you to entirely contain a board within your PC
Which, is something i'm considering myself, for the novelty awesomeness factor.
Activity: 95
That's great. Will you release a cooling system with it so to be like pre-built OC? So maybe before shipment we could choose and pay for extra for the cooling system pre-built in it?

Does this group buy need to clear all the chips before completing? Or it will be delivered anyway in late Oct?
I will pbb buy soon Smiley will there be any updates soon?
Activity: 101
Grats on the order placement, good job there!
Jump to: