Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote, automated source) - page 10. (Read 216674 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

edit: well evan i won't be contributing to your murder of my dashcoin. your darkcoin won't get far having blood on its hands.

Seriously?

yeah it is a taint they cannot remove forever..

First of all, you must be an idiot.

Second, I just posted this on the DRK thread:

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue. 

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.

It's an open source project. Developers come and go, and I doubt anyone much cares what 'slb' (whoever that is; it was clearly a sock puppet) thinks or does at this point. Here's a clue for you: 'slb' did not even create this coin, it is a direct clone of Bytecoin. He maintained a repo for a while, good for him. Someone else will take over now (if someone even chooses to do so, I have no idea).
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
posted this on darkcoin thread for TanteStefana2

i want to believe in crypto currency..removing the dev of dashcoin, trying to kill the coin for its name, leaving community to rot simply disgust me..

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue. 

I'm not nasty to slb..right now i think i may become nasty to him for selling off..or not because of the attention dashcoin had when he left...if slb is happy good for him.

it really has nothing to do with you all

It has everything to do with dashcoin commmunity.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

edit: well evan i won't be contributing to your murder of my dashcoin. your darkcoin won't get far having blood on its hands.

Seriously?

First of all, you must be an idiot.

Second, I just posted this on the DRK thread:

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue.  

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.
legendary

Seriously?

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

Seriously?
legendary
I've spent the last few days significantly reducing my position in DRK due to this statement by Evan:

As any of you in the USA smart enough to follow financial laws know, the IRS and SEC have made some rather interesting rulings regarding cryptocurrency.  While I am no attorney (but make the habit of occasionally talking to one) I suspect there is going to be some... "Drama" in Darkcoin's future.

I have been making posts about the important need for, "Business Acumen" in the Darkcoin ranks.  Before I buy back into Darkcoin in size, I now have the requirement that a very well-seasoned business executive that a venture capitalist would love be brought onto the Darkcoin team to make and handle business decisions.  Note, this kind of person is going to likely require a large, vesting offering of Darkcoin for the trouble.
You are making this "drama" up from your ass  Roll Eyes
Please, go back to your farm Roll Eyes

I wish that was true.  Let's look at the IRS's guidance on virtual currency, shall we?  http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

How can Evan own something that is treated as property when I own billions of it as well?  And if he doesn't really own it, how can he make a legal challenge that requires his ownership?

Maybe he can.  Maybe Darkcoin has a team of amazing attorneys that understand cryptocurrency.  All I know, is those 568 shares of Google I own don't allow me to make trademark claims on behalf of Google.

I SUSPECT that whoever owns 50.000000001% of Dashcoin is going to own the Dash financial trademark.  But even then, it could be an ugly fight.  Or maybe not.  It's going to be interesting!  Or maybe not.  Heh.

+ 184.46 billion dashcoins

posted from darkcoin thread earlier.
legendary
As this is a decentralized project (unlike darkcoin) slb or any other developer is not in a position to "sell" the rights to the project or "be bought out" or any other such nonsense . Evan donated his money, plain & simple. Dashcoin will continue, Evan doesn't own anything here.

F off darkcoin fanboys, you're polluting this thread

Wow... Looks who's calling the kettle black Mr.  White... You certainly enjoy polluting other threads.  

What I don't understand is dashcoins Dev is the one that sold out his coin he made.   As far as I know that would be his right as he created the coin.   In buying dashcoins or any other crypto for that matter there is no implied contract when you as crypto currency buyer have ownership.   Did my Arielbit sign a legal document of ownership with the Dev of his coin?  I presume not.   Now this does now raise some interesting questions. ... That all crypto would be wise to answer.   And maybe the event with Evan and team is blessing to cryptos in general.  

his coin he made

cryptonote? clone? open source? community? decentralized?......ring any bells?

i bought dashcoin, i can call it dashcoin

i mine dashcoin, i can call it dashcoin

did you have any  legal document of ownership of darkcoins? bitcoins?

edit: you can throw lawyers around here but i am giving my support to keep this coin alive, and by the way if what i am doing is illegal..trace me and my cryptonote dashcoins  Tongue
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
As this is a decentralized project (unlike darkcoin) slb or any other developer is not in a position to "sell" the rights to the project or "be bought out" or any other such nonsense . Evan donated his money, plain & simple. Dashcoin will continue, Evan doesn't own anything here.

Wow... Looks who's calling the kettle black Mr.  White... You certainly enjoy polluting other threads.  

What I don't understand is dashcoins Dev is the one that sold out his coin he made.   As far as I know that would be his right as he created the coin.   In buying dashcoins or any other crypto for that matter there is no implied contract when you as crypto currency buyer have ownership.   Did my Arielbit sign a legal document of ownership with the Dev of his coin?  I presume not.   Now this does now raise some interesting questions. ... That all crypto would be wise to answer.   And maybe the event with Evan and team is blessing to cryptos in general.  
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Willing to buy up to 51% of all outstanding DSH at .00000025 XMR/DSH.  That is my bid on Poloniex, feel free to hit it.  I'll add to it as I transfer more BTC to Poloniex.

I am also happy to do private deals for BTC for 1,000,000,000+ coins at a time.  PM me.
Activity: 605
DSH super progressive coin.. How to get this coin. ?

poloniex.com
legendary
@smooth thanks.
legendary
apparently dashcoin was bought by evan

He didn't buy mine.

+1

evan purchased dashcoin from slb to acquire dashcoin dev accounts and basically remove the developer of dashcoin. leaving the community without a dev would and encourage the death of dashcoin. this is a dirty tactic from evan the darkcoin developer to steal the name dashcoin.

Its probably a bit more complicated than that. In order to have trademark rights you have to be using the mark in commerce. To oppose the registration by someone else he has to say that he has a "product" called dashcoin and the attempted registration interferes with his use of the term dashcoin for his product.

Now given that he's said dashcoin is abandoned, I don't know how that factors into this. Dashcoin community members might consider respectfully reaching out to the company (a startup I believe)  that is attempting to register dash as a trademark (the one Evan is opposing) and work with them.

does having a market at poloniex count as commerce? people are buying and selling them..

any link to the company you are referring? i would like to take a look at it.

Look back for ArticMine's post that links to the uspto web site. The information is in there.
legendary

He didn't buy mine.

+1

evan purchased dashcoin from slb to acquire dashcoin dev accounts and basically remove the developer of dashcoin. leaving the community without a dev would and encourage the death of dashcoin. this is a dirty tactic from evan the darkcoin developer to steal the name dashcoin.

Its probably a bit more complicated than that. In order to have trademark rights you have to be using the mark in commerce. To oppose the registration by someone else he has to say that he has a "product" called dashcoin and the attempted registration interferes with his use of the term dashcoin for his product.

Now given that he's said dashcoin is abandoned, I don't know how that factors into this. Dashcoin community members might consider respectfully reaching out to the company (a startup I believe)  that is attempting to register dash as a trademark (the one Evan is opposing) and work with them.

does having a market at poloniex count as commerce? people are buying and selling them..

any link to the company you are referring? i would like to take a look at it.

legendary

He didn't buy mine.

+1

legendary

He didn't buy mine.

+1

evan purchased dashcoin from slb to acquire dashcoin dev accounts and basically remove the developer of dashcoin. leaving the community without a dev would encourage the death of dashcoin. this is a dirty tactic from evan the darkcoin developer to steal the name dashcoin.

Activity: 605

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
This thread is so inactive now  Angry
Does Dev abandon this coin??  Huh Huh
Obviously the answer to that question is no since the developer posted in early February, as I quoted earlier.

A small community project that is being worked on part time doesn't mean "abandoned" or "dead." Not every coin is a major project like BTC or DRK or XMR.

You seem pretty arrogant about this.

Dev is online now, let's see if there will be a statement...

Was the account turned over as part of the deal? How would you ever know either way?

Yeah, it's possible, and it wouldn't surprise me considering this coin probably was launched by a CryptoNote scammer.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blowing-the-lid-off-the-cryptonotebytecoin-scam-with-the-exception-of-monero-740112

Anyway, the question bringed in this topic is really interesting: who owns the name of a coin?

An analogy: there are a lot of countries which use the same name for their soreveign currencies, like the dollar and the peso.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
What is the coin's "community"?

Is it anyone who holds x amount of the coin?
Is it anyone who has ever hold any amount of the coin?
Is it anyone who has posted x number of posts in the coin's ANN thread?
Is it anyone who has ever posted anything in the ANN thread?
Is it
anyone and everyone in the world who decides to say they are?

Or is it the official dev (team)?

Try defining “official” in a p2p context. The adjective could be replaced by “farm fresh” with no loss of meaning.

At core, it's a rights grab by an informal group of individuals acting in concert. I'm paying close attention to who controls the money to pay for the lawyers because it's that person/group who is in the driving seat.

Bald summary: the message from Darkcoin is “you don't actually own what we want so we're taking legal action to reserve it for our exclusive future use” and it's unsurprising that people are starting to speculate on the possible efficacy and ramifications of this business tactic.

For me, any exploration of this issue has to start with the question: who has title over the rights?.

Engaged / invested in an altcoin with significant marketcap / perceived value? My advice is to start casting around for appropriate organisational templates to drive the creation of a Foundation (or some other collectively-owned entity with a recognised legal status and process) in which you can vest the ownership of the core rights (code, online and offline resources, etc) and which can hire professionals to advance its objectives as and when they are needed.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
DSH super progressive coin.. How to get this coin. ?
Activity: 649
What is the coin's "community"?

Is it anyone who holds x amount of the coin?
Is it anyone who has ever hold any amount of the coin?
Is it anyone who has posted x number of posts in the coin's ANN thread?
Is it anyone who has ever posted anything in the ANN thread?
Is it anyone and everyone in the world who decides to say they are?

Or is it the official dev (team)?

Are you trying to tell us that DARK devs own DARKCOIN? the coin?

Edited to more clearly state what i meant.
Pages:
Jump to: