Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10 - page 18. (Read 157860 times)

slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
We have good trade volume at Cryptopia. We survived Poloniex and I am certain we will survive HitBTC, if they want to delist. I hope that will not be the case and they will find time to fix the issue, which should be relatively easy.

The real issue is Minergate. They know their chain is worthless but they continue to mine on it. I do not really understand what is going on there and how they plan to give their users their DSH. Just to be clear - we offered them to cover their damage in terms of DSH shortly after the split. Now it's too late for this

what do you mean by this? why is it too late? many coins are already mined that the people "we" who offered DSH cannot cover the amount of coins since it took too long?

how many DSH you people offered? how many minergate wanted(if they wanted it..i don't know)?

They said their damage is 10000 DSH, we offered them 20000. The reply after was they have too much tech difficulties to roll back. That was 1 or 2 days after the split. Their next offer was to join their chain, but at the time there was already 17000000 DSH double spent on their chain.

Now their damage purely because of mining is between 150000 and 200000 DSH, and they cannot simply roll back because it will damage too much reputation
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
We have good trade volume at Cryptopia. We survived Poloniex and I am certain we will survive HitBTC, if they want to delist. I hope that will not be the case and they will find time to fix the issue, which should be relatively easy.

The real issue is Minergate. They know their chain is worthless but they continue to mine on it. I do not really understand what is going on there and how they plan to give their users their DSH. Just to be clear - we offered them to cover their damage in terms of DSH shortly after the split. Now it's too late for this

what do you mean by this? why is it too late? many coins are already mined that the people "we" who offered DSH cannot cover the amount of coins since it took too long?

how many DSH you people offered? how many minergate wanted(if they wanted it..i don't know)?
legendary
I just want this to be clear...minergate is keeping their blockchain because there are already "many" mined coins in their fork?(since the security patch issue)....like they don't like people to lose "that" many coins?

being accountable for that amount of coins is so problematic that they decided to keep their fork...

so how many dashcoins are on the wrong chain (assuming there were no creation of coins that happened from the security issue) are we talking about? any estimates? anybody?
On 24 May 2017 there were 17,600,000 DSH double spent on Minergate's chain. Actual DSH, not atomic units. I have not loaded their chain after this initial calculation, I guess there are a lot more now

what I mean is... i'm trying to figure out how many coins were mined since they became a "fork"....can we replace those coins so they can give that to the miners who mined in good faith and will not receive coins (from the right chain) because their chain is wrong.

I'm not trying to figure out how many double spent that happened.
slb
I just want this to be clear...minergate is keeping their blockchain because there are already "many" mined coins in their fork?(since the security patch issue)....like they don't like people to lose "that" many coins?

being accountable for that amount of coins is so problematic that they decided to keep their fork...

so how many dashcoins are on the wrong chain (assuming there were no creation of coins that happened from the security issue) are we talking about? any estimates? anybody?
On 24 May 2017 there were 17,600,000 DSH double spent on Minergate's chain. Actual DSH, not atomic units. I have not loaded their chain after this initial calculation, I guess there are a lot more now
legendary

slb
Every experience matters. There will be a need for replay attack protection

Edit: I contacted cryptopia to pause their wallet until we have the issue with replay attack resolved.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
As much I can see, there will be two blockchain:

Original Dashcoin blockchain

and

MinerGate Dashcoin blockchain

MinerGate is completely joke.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Sooooo they are keeping on the same blockchain but patching it?
So will dsh have a fork for minergate, how could that be traded?
slb
slb
they got a separate fix for DSH since 9 May

Maybe did it with intention. Maybe some people from "true dash" paid for that.

Anyway, why network to slow?
Combination of not enough stable hashrate + nicehash miners.
List of the pools known to me:
http://dsh.mypool.name
http://democats.org/pool/?name=dashcoin
they got a separate fix for DSH since 9 May

Maybe they did it with intention. Maybe some people from "true dash" paid for that.

Anyway, why network to slow?
slb

Hi new to the forum.
Ive been mining dsh through minergate for the past month or so.
Would you recommend that i stop and use something else?
I noted today on there website this comment appeared
a38kefir:shoppi"minergate will state a comment this month about the situration, and probably cashout all Dashcoins and shut down mining on it."

what do you recommend for mining?

Make sure they are letting you to cash out on the correct fork, not on their worthless fork. If they let you cashout on the double spendable chain they are stealing your DSH. Literally. They can generate billions of coins out of thin air on their fork.
Minergate are aware about the problem since 13 April (they integrated fix for Monero and Bytecoin), they got a separate fix for DSH since 9 May, and they get notified about the double spending less than 24 hours after it occurred on their chain

Activity: 2

Hi new to the forum.
Ive been mining dsh through minergate for the past month or so.
Would you recommend that i stop and use something else?
I noted today on there website this comment appeared
a38kefir:shoppi"minergate will state a comment this month about the situration, and probably cashout all Dashcoins and shut down mining on it."

what do you recommend for mining?
Last block 11 hours ago.

Weird.
Activity: 54
Can someone tell me why people will hit a pool with 350+kh's that normally only does 1-5kh average. Is it just people being dicks or is there an actual reason for it. DSH only has one good pool (that i know of) so why do it when it also affects their ability to move their coins as well?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
why there is not a normal looking wallet and we have this ancient cmd wallet that never syncs?  Roll Eyes
slb
hi,
I have a concern, every time I start the deamon I get my laptop´s ram at 100% during 1 or 2 hours (I have 8 gb RAM) and almost the same when I exit, will this continue like this forever? will be worse? will the blockchain.bin file continue growing forever? 
I can´t believe a software in 2017 that works this way...
Hope someone can clarify

Regards

At the initial sync it uses a lot of ram. Restart the daemon to reduce the ram used. If it's stuck just kill it and relaunch it
Activity: 1
hi,
I have a concern, every time I start the deamon I get my laptop´s ram at 100% during 1 or 2 hours (I have 8 gb RAM) and almost the same when I exit, will this continue like this forever? will be worse? will the blockchain.bin file continue growing forever? 
I can´t believe a software in 2017 that works this way...
Hope someone can clarify

Regards
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]

The problem I have personally is I can't move my coins from hitbtc - wallet still doesn't allow transfers Sad
Pages:
Jump to: