Pages:
Author

Topic: DT1 with zero or neutral trust - page 3. (Read 1021 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
August 19, 2019, 05:25:42 AM
Ehh, I think sometimes it's better to have no trust ratings at all, than low-value trust ratings such as for small transactions or whatever.
Don't think I've ever actively asked anyone to ever give me a trust rating, but I've done quite a few trades here on the forum.

I'd actually see myself as somewhat trustworthy for a DT position, just if you take all underlying factors into account. (long-time member, haven't scammed, vested interest in staying a member here, etc.)
For the record, I would not actually want that responsibility, I don't give that much trust ratings out myself, so it would be completely wasted on me Tongue

On the one hand, positive trust ratings can mean a lot, but they're really not the holy grail of proving trustworthiness.

Still, I do understand where you're coming from, seems pretty logical at first glance to require DT1 members to have positive trust.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
August 17, 2019, 10:39:36 PM
Some Trust Selfscratchers create their own positive trust once they're on DT1.
It's far from perfect, but the volatility of DT makes that Trust ratings can change any moment. That makes it a bad criterion to use.

I agree that it would just encourage trust rating abuse. People are already reluctant to give trading ratings due to perceived and actual abuse.
Trading is not monitored like on ebay so there is no real record of it other than what is posted.

None of the trades I have completed on the forum resulted in feedback - trading feedback has all come from trades on other platforms.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
August 17, 2019, 10:01:33 PM
DefaultTrust membership should mean your Trust ratings are accurate, that's it. Someone can be a trustworthy person but their judgement may still be subpar. Or they might not trade much with other forum members but they may be good at spotting scammers.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 17, 2019, 04:50:56 PM
@LoyceV with all the data you have scraped, can you do a venn diagram with people who are active in meta with the people who are active in the marketplace (and the sub forums)?
Just wondering how many of us are active in both places.
Sorry, I can't do that without scraping all posts in those sections, and that's too much to quickly do.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 17, 2019, 03:28:34 PM
I didn't realise the 3 day activity requirement, that kills my point in another post - I'd better editit.

I still think it would be handy to have a trading trust ranking, rather than a forum policeman ranking.

I posted about something similar:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/do-we-need-1-more-datapoint-for-trust-in-trades-and-only-trades-5154576

Trust for trades and nothing but trades.

Keep the other data points, just add one more for trading. Did not seem to gain much traction.

@LoyceV with all the data you have scraped, can you do a venn diagram with people who are active in meta with the people who are active in the marketplace (and the sub forums)?
Just wondering how many of us are active in both places.

If you are here but not there you don't care as much, and if you are there but not here, you never saw the thread.

-Dave
Activity: 1659
Merit: 687
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
August 17, 2019, 01:18:15 PM
Some Trust Selfscratchers create their own positive trust once they're on DT1.
It's far from perfect, but the volatility of DT makes that Trust ratings can change any moment. That makes it a bad criterion to use.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
August 17, 2019, 01:01:24 PM
I still think it would be handy to have a trading trust ranking, rather than a forum policeman ranking.
I do not disagree with you but the reality here is that the forum policeman ranking gets most of the advantage* I think.

*Being in the DT network. Both DT1 and DT2
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
August 17, 2019, 12:57:38 PM
I didn't realise the 3 day activity requirement, that kills my point in another post - I'd better editit.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
August 17, 2019, 12:35:22 PM
I've not been keeping up with the latest changes to the trust system, but I'm having difficulty in understanding the justification for including a member without a positive trust entry in the DT1 rankings.
Is it really necessary to have a trust feedback to be in DT1?

Here everything explained to be in the DT1 however here are all the criteria to be in DT1:
I will periodically (maybe every month) be reconstructing the default trust list to include everyone who matches these criteria:
 - If rank was determined solely using earned merit, then you must be of at least Member rank.
 - You must have been online sometime within the last 3 days.
 - Your trust list must include at least 10 users, not including ~distrust entries.
 - You must not be banned or manually blacklisted from selection.
 - You must have posted sometime within the last 30 days.
 - You must have at least 10 people directly trusting you each with an earned merit of at least 10, not including merit you yourself sent. These "votes" are limited.
 - You must have at least 2 people directly trusting you with an earned merit of at least 250, not including merit you yourself sent. These "votes" are limited.

So, if you notice carefully then you will see there are no such criteria that someone has to have any feedback to be in DT1. And personally I do not think a feedback is necessary to be a DT. A DT should be the one who has good sense of judgement of the forum affairs.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
August 17, 2019, 12:33:37 PM
I've not been keeping up with the latest changes to the trust system, but I'm having difficulty in understanding the justification for including a member without a positive trust entry in the DT1 rankings.
Pages:
Jump to: