Pages:
Author

Topic: Duterte's War on Drugs - 2000 Killed & 600,000 Surrendered & counting - page 4. (Read 4574 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
Its been a long time(Marcos Era) since criminals have a fear in Law. After that year, Law seems to be useless in our country until Duterte comes. I see that criminals have a fear again. I am a person who doesnt have any bad habits so i dont care how many pusher or user he will kill I only wants to feel safe again just like the old time and thats what Duterte wants too.

Rubbish. Tell me how many of the drug mafia heads have been arrested or murdered so far. Don't know the answer? I will tell you. The number is zero. Only the ordinary slum dwellers and low-end drug peddlers are getting killed. Criminals have no fear, as Duterte himself is a criminal. He is making use of this opportunity to get rid of his rivals.
If thats what you think on Duterte then theres nothing i can do with that. Its your own opinion. Still, we will continue to support Duterte's campaign on war on drugs. Still good even he is only killing those small time. Mafia wont profit if those small time were killed. They are the one using it.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Its been a long time(Marcos Era) since criminals have a fear in Law. After that year, Law seems to be useless in our country until Duterte comes. I see that criminals have a fear again. I am a person who doesnt have any bad habits so i dont care how many pusher or user he will kill I only wants to feel safe again just like the old time and thats what Duterte wants too.

Rubbish. Tell me how many of the drug mafia heads have been arrested or murdered so far. Don't know the answer? I will tell you. The number is zero. Only the ordinary slum dwellers and low-end drug peddlers are getting killed. Criminals have no fear, as Duterte himself is a criminal. He is making use of this opportunity to get rid of his rivals.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
People in my area are all commenting to Du30 (Duterte) like "Oh my God, does he even have a heart?" They don't realize that killing a drug addict/pusher is basically just one parasite of a society killed.
Parasites of society or not they are still people. And if what is seen in countries that legalized drugs could happen in the philippines, people that can rejoin society and contribute positively if they get help.
It's not as if they aren't seen as a human being. They were all given a chance to surrender and promise not to be involved in any drug-related incidents again in the future. Look at the title of this thread, there are 600,000 people who have surrendered. Those 600,000 has been given a second chance to live a drug-free life and new doors has been opened to them to be a better person.

To be honest, I also think the only way to end the addiction and the market of drugs is to kill the ones that are on top. This basically comes to the analogy of cutting a grass. If you want a grass to not grow anymore again someday, you have to pull its roots away from the soil.
Problems are that is not what is happening. It is not the ones on top that are being killed. And worse, the problems fueling the drug use and spread aren't the ones being solved by these murders.
Maybe so, maybe not. As I see it, death disconnects us physically from this world. If you are dead, you're not able to use or sell drugs anymore. One less branch of the tree. Back to my previous analogy, if you're going to pull a huge tree from its roots, would you pull it directly from its roots? No, because it's too huge and it'll require such massive force to do that. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to do. You start by taking away the leaves, cutting the branches, and then the trunk until you're left with the roots easy enough to take away from the soil.

TL;DR: You can't just pull a tree out of its roots especially if its a big tree.

I also want to +1 Du30's message that he'll end the Drug related stuffs in 6 months. It's been just a month or so but if you take a look at it, the Philippines is much much better than what it was before. People in Manila (one of the most ghetto-ish places in the Philippines) can now take pictures in public places and aren't afraid of using their cellphones in the streets anymore. They know that the chances of their gadgets getting snatched has been lessen.
Maybe but that comes at great cost. And if the source of the problem is not solved, people in the philippines will probably be paying it every few years.
We shall see, we shall see.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
People in my area are all commenting to Du30 (Duterte) like "Oh my God, does he even have a heart?" They don't realize that killing a drug addict/pusher is basically just one parasite of a society killed.

Parasites of society or not they are still people. And if what is seen in countries that legalized drugs could happen in the philippines, people that can rejoin society and contribute positively if they get help.

To be honest, I also think the only way to end the addiction and the market of drugs is to kill the ones that are on top. This basically comes to the analogy of cutting a grass. If you want a grass to not grow anymore again someday, you have to pull its roots away from the soil.

Problems are that is not what is happening. It is not the ones on top that are being killed. And worse, the problems fueling the drug use and spread aren't the ones being solved by these murders.

I also want to +1 Du30's message that he'll end the Drug related stuffs in 6 months. It's been just a month or so but if you take a look at it, the Philippines is much much better than what it was before. People in Manila (one of the most ghetto-ish places in the Philippines) can now take pictures in public places and aren't afraid of using their cellphones in the streets anymore. They know that the chances of their gadgets getting snatched has been lessen.

Maybe but that comes at great cost. And if the source of the problem is not solved, people in the philippines will probably be paying it every few years.
People in my area are all commenting to Du30 (Duterte) like "Oh my God, does he even have a heart?" They don't realize that killing a drug addict/pusher is basically just one parasite of a society killed. To be honest, I also think the only way to end the addiction and the market of drugs is to kill the ones that are on top. This basically comes to the analogy of cutting a grass. If you want a grass to not grow anymore again someday, you have to pull its roots away from the soil.

People take drugs for a variety of reasons. In North Korea, they take methamphetamine, as the legal painkillers such as Ibuprofen are either too expensive, or not available to everyone. Some terminal stage cancer patients take cannabis, to alleviate the extreme pain. Exterminating all of them is not the ideal solution, in my opinion.
Apparently, most people here are taking drugs to look cool, because of peer pressure, and because they finally got addicted to it. Medical marijuana isn't a thing here. Grin There might be some people taking marijuana for medication but most of them are rich people that had this recommendation from an international doctor. I might be wrong though but I don't think local doctors would recommend marijuana for treatment since it's illegal and considered as an immoral thing here.

On a side note, Du30 is actually pro-weed. He support it and some huge personalities are supporting it as well. It's not something to look forward to because of our current situation, but who knows? Maybe he'll legalize it once he gets rid of all the drug addicts.
legendary
People in my area are all commenting to Du30 (Duterte) like "Oh my God, does he even have a heart?" They don't realize that killing a drug addict/pusher is basically just one parasite of a society killed. To be honest, I also think the only way to end the addiction and the market of drugs is to kill the ones that are on top. This basically comes to the analogy of cutting a grass. If you want a grass to not grow anymore again someday, you have to pull its roots away from the soil.

People take drugs for a variety of reasons. In North Korea, they take methamphetamine, as the legal painkillers such as Ibuprofen are either too expensive, or not available to everyone. Some terminal stage cancer patients take cannabis, to alleviate the extreme pain. Exterminating all of them is not the ideal solution, in my opinion.

legendary

A police officer arrested someone who was caught having more than 10kilos of meth, this suspect was released in no time and this police officer was kicked out of his job, now without a job. this police officer still is lucky that he wasn't shot dead. thats how politicians involved in drugs work here in our country.  After Duterte, addicts were massacred. governemnt officials suspected involved in drugs were kicked out of their positions and was exposed.  Horray!

Government agencies now works well cause if they don't the head of these departments are going to be kicked too.
He's the very best we can have. the previous presidents come and go never did anything  about drugs and problems.

Yes he's the one of the greatest president inthe philippines.Duterte have more enemy in this drug war like mayors,general even senator but over 15 million Filipinos back to him.

I am definitely not surprised with these posts. People who are not capable of rational thinking will continue to support Duterte. The drug kingpins and mafia members are still roaming free, continuing with their business. It is the poor drug addicts and slum dwellers, who are getting killed by these lunatic vigilante squads. 
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Yueno
Duterte War On Drugs is definitely the only solution in our country right now because on the previous administrations drug addicts kill innocent person, rape women, holdup stores, banks and etc. And other heinous crime activities. So people in the philippines shout justice on all victims by this kind of people including me. On the other hand president duterte promise he will eradicate this drugs and crime in our society in 3-6 months so i guess he is true to his promise walk to talk. Maybe we dont see the other kind of duterte's leadership a good side of him thats why people in davao love him so much. To see is too believe. So I want to see his other side after six months. And I wish of his health issue because he is too old for this job. We have a great leader now. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
From reading this article it looks like the Philippines has been taken over by ISIS.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37172002

Government sanctioned assassinations of drug dealers and users.. meanwhile..

"Mr Duterte describes it as a pandemic, afflicting millions of his fellow citizens. It is also very profitable. He has listed 150 senior officials, officers and judges linked to the trade. Five police generals, he says, are kingpins of the business. But it is those at the lowest levels of the trade who are targeted by the death squads."

If he isn't targeting the kingpins of this problem then he either has zero power or more likely he is in on the drug trade and getting a cut.

The media always exaggerates everything. Media in the country oppose this guy even before the election but that doesn't stop the people from voting him, that is because the people know this guy can do good than those pretentious politicians. Duterte have done good things more than all the presidents combined since Marcos yet no one ever exaggerates it on the news.

the article doesn't mention the drug lords killed.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
From reading this article it looks like the Philippines has been taken over by ISIS.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37172002

Government sanctioned assassinations of drug dealers and users.. meanwhile..

"Mr Duterte describes it as a pandemic, afflicting millions of his fellow citizens. It is also very profitable. He has listed 150 senior officials, officers and judges linked to the trade. Five police generals, he says, are kingpins of the business. But it is those at the lowest levels of the trade who are targeted by the death squads."

If he isn't targeting the kingpins of this problem then he either has zero power or more likely he is in on the drug trade and getting a cut.

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
It's been 53 days since Rodrigo Duterte took oath as Philippine President. So far there were 1800 killed on drug related cases. He promise to kill at least 100,000 during his term. What do you think about it?

http://time.com/4462382/philippines-duterte-1800-killed-drug-war/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-duterte-un-killings-idUSKCN10X0IS

Wow some serious numbers....if drugs are that bad there maybe he is doing the right thing.  Drugs cause so many Different Violent crimes it is a plague.

True. Politicians all over the world have tried to run a war against drugs using different ways but his ways must be really that good that he had planted fear to these individuals to surrender.  Truly salute to this kind of politician. May he be an example to the countries in South America.
Activity: 920
Merit: 1014
It's been 53 days since Rodrigo Duterte took oath as Philippine President. So far there were 1800 killed on drug related cases. He promise to kill at least 100,000 during his term. What do you think about it?

http://time.com/4462382/philippines-duterte-1800-killed-drug-war/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-duterte-un-killings-idUSKCN10X0IS

Wow some serious numbers....if drugs are that bad there maybe he is doing the right thing.  Drugs cause so many Different Violent crimes it is a plague.
Activity: 312
Merit: 100

A police officer arrested someone who was caught having more than 10kilos of meth, this suspect was released in no time and this police officer was kicked out of his job, now without a job. this police officer still is lucky that he wasn't shot dead. thats how politicians involved in drugs work here in our country.  After Duterte, addicts were massacred. governemnt officials suspected involved in drugs were kicked out of their positions and was exposed.  Horray!

Government agencies now works well cause if they don't the head of these departments are going to be kicked too.
He's the very best we can have. the previous presidents come and go never did anything  about drugs and problems.

Yes he's the one of the greatest president inthe philippines.Duterte have more enemy in this drug war like mayors,general even senator but over 15 million Filipinos back to him.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
Try to live in a country were there are numerous drug addicts live.  You may want this president.

There are countries that decriminalized drugs when the number of addicts was high. In time that number decreased. And they didn't have to kill thousands of people to do it or have vigilantes killing whoever they choose. Guilty or not. Those countries just invested in treatment for the addicts. And in not alienating them from society more but help them integrate instead.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
I think he is not serious with the figure of 100,000 he wishes to kill.  It seems like a joke or to show how serious he was with eliminating drugsnin his country.  It woild be hard for him to do that especially no one or no country have succeeded in doing it.  People will still find ways on how to do their habits.  And it is hard to eliminate drugs if there were a really good protector.  Anyways, let us just wait what will happen to the Philippines.  Itbis too early to judge him.

But are more than 1800 killed in 53 days. And 600,000 drug pushers and users surrendered. There were never in history that this number of who surrender in such short time.
because he is serious and he will keep his promised, i just hope that not only small time but those who's in top to be eliminated if the police can kill small time pusher they have a big reason to kill the bigger one too. this would be a great warning if duterte is serious eliminate who's on top and don't let them be jailed and still in control.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
I think he is not serious with the figure of 100,000 he wishes to kill.  It seems like a joke or to show how serious he was with eliminating drugsnin his country.  It woild be hard for him to do that especially no one or no country have succeeded in doing it.  People will still find ways on how to do their habits.  And it is hard to eliminate drugs if there were a really good protector.  Anyways, let us just wait what will happen to the Philippines.  Itbis too early to judge him.

But more than 1800 killed in 53 days. And 600,000 drug pushers and users surrendered. There were never in history that this number of who surrender in such short time.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
I think he is not serious with the figure of 100,000 he wishes to kill.  It seems like a joke or to show how serious he was with eliminating drugsnin his country.  It woild be hard for him to do that especially no one or no country have succeeded in doing it.  People will still find ways on how to do their habits.  And it is hard to eliminate drugs if there were a really good protector.  Anyways, let us just wait what will happen to the Philippines.  Itbis too early to judge him.
Pages:
Jump to: