Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwolla stopped from dealing with MtGox! - page 2. (Read 4244 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Wow talk about good timing, I emptied my Gox account via Dwolla two days ago.  Beginning of the end for MtGox I think, and good riddance.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Is there any legitimate proof outside of bitcointalk.org about this announcement?

No, no there isn't. Several dozen people on BTCTalk and Reddit just decided to go post about the same email they got at the same time. It's a flashmob.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Do you need one, when Dwolla cancels their account?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
Is there any legitimate proof outside of bitcointalk.org about this announcement?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I want to understand why Dwolla is no longer allowed to do business with Mt Gox.  That letter said literally nothing, except "Sorry you lose" over and over again.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
The way of the future...
people/bots panicking on news that they don't even understand yet.

Wait1 week for optimum buy opportunity? Dwolla always kinda sucked anyway...

WTF is this DHS court order from Maryland?  Now those twats have to get involved in the pile-on?

Yup this mean the price of BTC is going to drop. So it could very well be good news. At least for those who wish to invest more.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Wait1 week for optimum buy opportunity? Dwolla always kinda sucked anyway...

WTF is this DHS court order from Maryland?  Now those twats have to get involved in the pile-on?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

i've had a long time Dwolla acct and i've not received any email...

Have you had a transaction with MtGox lately?  I doubt they sent this to all their customers.

-Jay
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I just got this email as well.  Worried me because I had just moved some money, but apparently I got in under the wire.  I think I'm done with MTGox and Dwolla.  I already have a bitstamp account, CampBX seems to be down right now, and I'll check out  Coinbase.  What other exchanges are worthing looking into here in the US?

Thanks,

-Jay
Activity: 221

It found it far cheaper to use Coinbase to move from BTC to USD than to use CampBX.

How do you find it cheaper when Coinbase charges 1% and CampBX charges 0%?

It seems I have made an error now that I review the FAQ which I would swear the ink is wet on. Even then it clearly states that ACH withdrawals incur a flat $2 fee which while can be cheaper than 1% is certainly not free.
https://campbx.com/faq.php#fund-transfers
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

i've had a long time Dwolla acct and i've not received any email...
Activity: 495
Merit: 507

What's not to understand? Dwolla just denied further dealings with Gox, a bunch of cash is in limbo and once more the exchange falls into retardolag mode as soon as someone just as much as sneezes.
Activity: 518

It found it far cheaper to use Coinbase to move from BTC to USD than to use CampBX.

How do you find it cheaper when Coinbase charges 1% and CampBX charges 0%?
Activity: 495
Merit: 507

Ironically it made it to 110$ while uploading the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A
Activity: 147
This is not great news Sad
Activity: 221

This makes me nervous although I'm sure all is ok. I'm going to transfer my funds out of Gox for a day or two until everything calms down.

I can use Dwolla with CampBx and they are based in the USA (just 10 min from me actually) so will move funds there and also will try Coinbase although they charge a fee while CampBX does not.
[/quote]

Activity: 518
Wow. Yet another reason not to deal with MtGox.

Is this related to the Coinlabs lawsuit?

What's the best way in the US to get USD out of BTC? Coinbase?

This makes me nervous although I'm sure all is ok. I'm going to transfer my funds out of Gox for a day or two until everything calms down.

I can use Dwolla with CampBx and they are based in the USA (just 10 min from me actually) so will move funds there and also will try Coinbase although they charge a fee while CampBX does not.
Activity: 165
Merit: 102
Live life on purpose
Wow. Yet another reason not to deal with MtGox.

Is this related to the Coinlabs lawsuit?

What's the best way in the US to get USD out of BTC? Coinbase?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
wow
Activity: 231
Yep.  Getting this message when trying to send to mt gox from dwolla:

"This account is unavailable currently. For information, please contact the merchant or individual directly."

I've only used Dwolla.  What is the next best way to get USD to mtgox?

Just received this e-mail:

DWOLLA

As of 12:13 PM on 5/14/2013:

You’re receiving this notice because our systems have indicated that you’ve processed and completed a real-time Dwolla-to-Dwolla payment to Mutum Sigillum LLC (“Mt. Gox”) within the last 24 hours.

Due to recent court orders received from the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Dwolla is no longer legally able to service Mutum Sigillum LLC’s account.

This is a courtesy email encouraging you to follow up on any uncompleted orders with Mutum Sigillum LLC as Dwolla is now unable to move money to and from Mutum Sigillum LLC’s Dwolla account.

Dwolla is not party to this matter nor does it have any information or further insight into the situation. We strongly encourages those with questions to contact Mutum Sigillum LLC

Note: Dwolla requires a court order before honoring requests such as seizing funds or revoking access to an account.

On behalf of Dwolla, we apologize for this inconvenience.
Pages:
Jump to: