Pages:
Author

Topic: DZ MC: Round 5-6, KnC Jupiters. Please move ?s and discussions here. - page 15. (Read 14001 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Did pay outs go yesterday?  I didn't see one....
lol?
Did you talk to your wallet?

My bad.  I had a conversation with my wallet just now.  It never sent me my happy email that it got the deposit.  Bad wallet!
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
lol?
Did you talk to your wallet?
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
yeah a bull market is nice.   442 this morning!  tomorrow I get a payout from this other group buy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244042.new#new   around .34 btc or so but that is about 150 at 442 a coin
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
In USD terms, we've made a 74% profit - $58 over the cost of a share.  And yes, I'm expecting that we'll hit break-even in BTC by the end of the year.

This turned out well...   Cool

yeah we done good.  I cashed in 1.25 of the 1.60 received today at coinbase  about 525 usd.

I bought 10 BTC last week at about 315 on coinbase.  They arrived today, and I immediately turned around and sold them back for $418 each...
legendary
..in USD terms we should "buy and hold"

yeah next difficulty jump should be decent.  we could get close to the same share size on the 30th of nov. 

as to btc/usd ??
..in USD terms we should "buy and hold"
legendary
In USD terms, we've made a 74% profit - $58 over the cost of a share.  And yes, I'm expecting that we'll hit break-even in BTC by the end of the year.

yeah we done good.  I cashed in 1.25 of the 1.60 received today at coinbase  about 525 usd.

Thank you, getting closer to break even Wink (two more months?)
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Thanks -Redacted- , everything looks good

legendary
nice.  I am looking forward to it.

Here's the payout info for R5/R6.   I should be sending this out in the next hour or so. 

That's about $35.53 per share at the current prices.

legendary
Pretty close on the numbers - we're at 17.42 BTC before expenses (the month of free hosting I paid for is over) which will work out to about .0846 BTC per share after.  

With the Bitstamp price currently being $427, that's about a $36 return for two weeks on a GB that was only $78 ($75 + 3 UPS fund) to start with, or a 46% USD return in just these last two weeks.  Smiley

yeah this deal and the r9-r12 deals were very good for me. Smiley
Pretty close on the numbers - we're at 17.42 BTC before expenses (the month of free hosting I paid for is over) which will work out to about .0846 BTC per share after.  

With the Bitstamp price currently being $427, that's about a $36 per share return for two weeks on a GB that was only $78 ($75 + $3 UPS fund) to start with, or a 46% USD return in just these last two weeks.  Smiley

@DZ - it would have been kind of nice to put a link to this thread in the R5 and R6 threads before you locked them....
legendary
Discussions from -

R5: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closedr5-knc-jupiter-below-costhost-78bonuses-hashing-1st-payouts-sent-304377
R6: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closedr6-knc-jupiterbelow-costhost-78-bonuses-hashing-1st-payouts-sent-305886

Should be moved here.

FWIW: Hosting prices were actually reduced so that we can hash profitably for longer.

Also: -R- opted to do payouts on the 1st and 15th since he's handling payouts for these rounds. Just means the payouts are about 1/14th larger and we wait one more day.

Cheers!

P.S. Apologies to anyone's PMs I missed. Buried w/ my usual PM avalanche on top of work IT emergencies, co-op site redesign, future GB planning, as well as business setup and biz planning on the pro side.

Just not enough hours in the day even though I'm down to 3 days right now at the lab.  Undecided  Tongue

Thank you. For combining the 2.  I am looking forward to the payout tonight.  we are at about 8.66 + 8.51 = 17.18 coins for the 2 rounds.

that is around 8.5 btc a round   or .085 a share.

I have 19 shares or  about 1.615 btc   all estimated but close.     1.615 at 420 usd is  678 usd.    pretty good.  

To expand on profits.. If you cashed coins each and every day you got paid from this group you would have less then if you had held all the coins up until today. The advantage of cashing out the day of payment in btc is ease of us tax return.  you can base your profits in usd more like a gold miner.  hold the coins more then a day will complicate your tax calculations..   

(why? once you hold the btc for any length of time  you need to calculate the loss gain of it for the time held in usd).  any how or any way.  even if you cashed the btc the day it was paid you will be in the black with todays payout. 

My 19 shares were 78 usd each or 1482 usd.  if I held all coins including todays  my total btc would be  would be about 6.20  at todays price in usd about  2604.

if I cashed the same day I got my btc   the prices of btc have moved up  I would have only 1529…..  Either method of cashing out I am ahead..

one method  I am ahead 1122   as 2604 - 1482 = 1122 usd.  this was the hold on to your coin method…. 

I would have 1529 - 1482 = 47 usd   the sell right away method…. 

that extra 1075 is due to btc price rise. kind of like digging up gold in a mine.  holding the gold and hoping gold price rises.   Or being paid in stock then hold it waiting for a price rise.

I have a tax background .  I can not say what all rulings will be by the USA on the tax accounting law for these coins.  So hold these btc rather then cashing them will affect you tax wise in an unknown way.  Cashing them the day you get them  is easy to understand profit,  but I am not  sure if it works better taxwise. My guess is cash them out.  but it is a guess

What is also nice is the next jump may be under 20%  I see  510 to  572   here  http://bitcoincharts.com/

I see 510 to 608 here  http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Discussions from -

R5: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closedr5-knc-jupiter-below-costhost-78bonuses-hashing-1st-payouts-sent-304377
R6: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closedr6-knc-jupiterbelow-costhost-78-bonuses-hashing-1st-payouts-sent-305886

Should be moved here.

FWIW: Hosting prices were actually reduced so that we can hash profitably for longer.

Also: -R- opted to do payouts on the 1st and 15th since he's handling payouts for these rounds. Just means the payouts are about 1/14th larger and we wait one more day.

Cheers!

P.S. Apologies to anyone's PMs I missed. Buried w/ my usual PM avalanche on top of work IT emergencies, co-op site redesign, future GB planning, as well as business setup and biz planning on the pro side.

Just not enough hours in the day even though I'm down to 3 days right now at the lab.  Undecided  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: