Pages:
Author

Topic: E-devices suitable for backup storage of seed phrases. - page 2. (Read 250 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
Reserved for other devices.
legendary
keep walking, Johnnie
Reserved for other devices.
legendary
keep walking, Johnnie
3. Watch with e-book reading function again from AIRCHR (there can be any with a similar function).

Price: ~30$.

Peculiarities:
- E-Book Reading, Photo Viewer (JPEG, BMP, GIF);
- Audio / Video Format Support (MP3, WAV, AMV, AVI);
- Lithium Battery (> 20 hours);
- Memory 8Gb;
- Emergency Button;
- Privacy Screen;
- No need to install any tools.

Possible disadvantage:
- Supports USB charging and data transfer.  

4. Electronic Dictionary from Casio.

Price: ~30$.

Practically not much different from Electronic Diary.

Peculiarities:
- Handwriting Panel (enables writing and searching);
- Read-aloud Function (capable of reading text aloud);
- Battery (2 x AA alkaline batteries ~ 130 hours);
- Memory card type (microSD, microSDHC);
- Built-in memory (ROM) 50 Mb;

Possible disadvantage:
- Supports USB charging and data transfer.

Seed phrase can be placed (separately) in the text of any book, the main thing is not to forget their location (leave stamps).

Don't accidentally enable voice playback of text with seed phrases. Smiley

5. MP3 player from Sony.

Price: ~ 30$ (many may have kept this device from old times).

Peculiarities:
- Memory 4 Gb;
- Playable Media Format (MP3);
- Battery (can be either built-in or external AAA format).

Possible disadvantage:
- Supports data transfer or USB charging.

You may ask me how to write seed phrases on a device that is not capable of reading text files or pictures. The answer is simple. The player has a display showing track names. Seed phrases can be written into track titles.
legendary
keep walking, Johnnie
After the discussion in this thread I started thinking about ways to solve the problem of storing and safely transporting seed phrase when traveling to other countries.

Here I want to discuss factory-made electronic devices (as the most accessible for a wide range of users and at an affordable price), which can be taken with you almost anywhere and not arouse suspicion (minimizing the attraction of attention) that seed phrase are stored in these devices. Of course, not as a main backup (for these purposes it is better to look at topic), but an additional, backup one in case you somehow lose access to your how wallet or hardware wallet (for example, resetting to factory settings).

An important criterion that I highlight is the autonomy of the device (autonomous power supply), the presence of a display, a keyboard for entering text (not in all cases), the lack of mobile communications and the Internet (for this reason I will not consider smartphones and tablets) and, if possible, minimizing the connection to PC (as a possible source of penetration of malicious programs) – lack of various information input interfaces (ports), as well as compactness (so that it is not problematic to carry with you in a backpack).

All links are provided for informational purposes only.

1. Electronic Diary from Citizen (may be the closest analogue from any other company).

Price: 10 - 20$.

Peculiarities:
- Availability of a monochrome display;
- Keyboard;
- Memory 128\256 kb;
- Battery;
- Availability of a password to access data;
- The absence of any connectors, which makes it impossible to steal information from it, other than physical theft. (I would look at those who would steal such a useless rarity these days Smiley).

Possible disadvantage:
- If the device is de-energized (remove the battery), all data will be deleted. In principle, this can be used for emergency data deletion. The same thing will happen if the battery runs out.

2. Multifunctional calculator from Chinese noname AIRCHR.

Price: unknown.

Peculiarities:
- Availability of color display;
- Keyboard (without text);
- Memory 4 GB + memory card ;
- Battery (900mAH);
- Supports images (JPEG, BMP, GIF);
- Reading text documents;
- Supports Audio and video (MP4, AVI, AMV, WMA, WAV, MP3);
- Privacy Special Function.

Possible disadvantage:
- Supports USB charging and data transfer. Files in image or text format will have to be downloaded to the device from a PC, which may turn out to be a potential attack vector during which the seed phrase can be compromised on the PC (this is not a threat on this device).
Pages:
Jump to: