Pages:
Author

Topic: Earn 0BTC for getting shops/organisations to accept Bitcoin! - page 28. (Read 98078 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I own an online / physical business and I'm planing on accepting btc. I'll let you know when I do. I'm not sure if it counts if it's our own business.
If it's worth bonus points I'm in Chile  Grin might be a first. I'd like to open an exchange but I'm not sure if I've got the time / money / know how.

It's something I was planing on doing anyways but here's my website www.chile-deals.com I sell electronics and semi trucks / trailers / whatever else.
I'm also possibly planing on importing products to the US so maybe I'll be able to accept BTC there too. I do everything legally though so I'm not sure how I'm going to show receipts with BTC.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
Okay, time to motivate people to do some work.

I am going to pay 2 BTC for every on-line shop and 1 BTC for every organisation that you convince to start accepting Bitcoin as a payment/donation currency. They have to put an information about that on their website and they have to be existing, established businesses/sites with a Google Page rank of at least 3. I am not going to pay you if you create your own shop overnight just for the sake of winning the BTC or if the website is totally not popular.

If anyone wants to join me in rewarding feel free - the more BTC offered the more people will hopefully move their arses.

EDIT: If you are going to have a go at some business/organisation/site let us know before you hit on them, so that we know that it is actually you who got them to accept Bitcoin. Please do so by posting here.

EDIT2: Please be reasonable and don't send silly spam to these entities; rather compose a tailored letter to each particular business. We don't want Bitcoin to be associated with spam.

EDIT3: I thought that was obvious, but: The reward is only valid for the places that switched after this thread was created and after you declared that you were going to convince someone.

Update: The pledges so far are:

Mahkul shops: 2, organisations: 1
BitterTea shops: 0, organisations: 0
Blitzboom shops: 0, organisations: 0
dirtyfilthy shops: 0, organisations: 0
cw shops: 1, organisations: between 0.1 and 1 (depending on size)
slush shops: 3, organisations: 0 (Available BTC: 97)
mrb shops: 125, organisations: 0 (Available BTC: 375) Note: Only shops selling tangible goods and having pagerank greater from or equal 7.

Total (shops): 131BTC
Total (organisations): 1-2BTC

EDIT 4: Here is the spreadsheet for this thread (note there are two sheets - one for pledges and one for takers): http://www.editgrid.com/user/mahkul/Earn_BTC_for_promoting_Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: