Pages:
Author

Topic: Earn bitcoin by sharing your bandwidth - page 2. (Read 2052 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
August 08, 2015, 09:24:37 AM
I read this and it is not something I would like I could do. It turns out you need to have to be connected to their own WiFi Network:
"Every person that buys internet using Bitcoin connects to a BitMesh Wi-Fi connection close to them, which is provided by a client and functions by using the BitMesh app."
I don't think It will be available in many places. It is more like a test project which probably will never be developed at a larger scale.

I believe it doesn't mean that you need to connect to their Wi-Fi in order to earn bitcoins from them. It means that they want to establish a network of wifis around the world that can be used by other persons. Those persons pay in bitcoins and they buy "internets". Whatever that is. Roll Eyes

That means you can only earn money when someone buys and uses your wifi then. Which, for the most persons, would mean you earn never. I mean how far is your wifi reaching? And how many people in that circle would know this project and would pay?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
August 02, 2015, 02:59:19 PM
i doubt it would be good with people that have already a low speed internet connection, unless we are talking about a reward that isn't on the same level of a 1-hour faucet

something like 1MB shared should give you 10k satoshi or something, to be worth it
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
August 02, 2015, 12:39:14 PM
Interesting idea! Although I am curious to see how this will perform since most telecommunication providers are opening free WiFi hotspots to lower cellular bandwidth usage. Also, in Germany there is the Freifunk network where people freely share their intenet with everybody nearby.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 02, 2015, 10:06:37 AM
A new project called BitMesh is aiming to make this ideal a reality,It basically pays people in Bitcoin for sharing their internet bandwidth

https://99bitcoins.com/earn-bitcoin-by-sharing-your-bandwidth/

Very interesting project. As always Ofir find the most interesting things to propose. The only problem is that it is only a project and from a project to a reality must go through the sea. Anyhow the principal problem is if this project will be reality in every country or in a chosen countries. And when it will be reality.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
August 02, 2015, 09:49:49 AM
I read this and it is not something I would like I could do. It turns out you need to have to be connected to their own WiFi Network:
"Every person that buys internet using Bitcoin connects to a BitMesh Wi-Fi connection close to them, which is provided by a client and functions by using the BitMesh app."
I don't think It will be available in many places. It is more like a test project which probably will never be developed at a larger scale.

I thought it was like a decentralised internet where each client's bandwidth would generate them income, but by what you said, it's something entirely different, and in a bad way.
Is there some info on where there BitMesh Wi-Fi connections are available ?

cheers
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
August 02, 2015, 09:40:26 AM
this sounds amazing, anyone know how much they pay per mb? or what are the prices used?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
August 02, 2015, 09:06:55 AM
You could at least explain how the site works and tell us a little bit about your experience using it! That would be very helpful.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
August 02, 2015, 08:47:37 AM
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
August 02, 2015, 08:41:13 AM
So how much can you earn monthly for example for sharing your bandwidth with Bitmesh? Any estimates?

Probably not much at all. This sounds as if you were mining in as shared mining pool so I would expect similar results. Overall not worth it unless it works in a different way.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
August 02, 2015, 08:37:29 AM
A new project called BitMesh is aiming to make this ideal a reality,It basically pays people in Bitcoin for sharing their internet bandwidth

That's really cool. Wish we get the final product ready soon and start earning some Bitcoins.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
August 02, 2015, 07:37:58 AM
So how much can you earn monthly for example for sharing your bandwidth with Bitmesh? Any estimates?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
August 02, 2015, 07:15:14 AM
interesting project indeed.

here is another one: share content and earn BTC  Smiley

http://www.joystream.co/
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
August 02, 2015, 05:10:30 AM

Pages:
Jump to: