Pages:
Author

Topic: Earned Merit Race Animation - See if you ever got to top20 merited. - page 3. (Read 1379 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Did you know mediaBuzz did something similar 3 months ago?
Why didn't you start from day 1 of the Merit system?
Other than that: nice animation Cheesy It's good to see "my" data being used. It's kinda bad though that certain Merit data can't be verified on the forum anymore: 120 days after a Merited post was deleted, you have to rely on unverifiable user data.

Every time I get closer to theymos, he does something like an art contest, and he's 6 months further ahead again Tongue

Here are my suggestions:
  • Maybe you should also try animating the merit receivers from different ranks as well (i.e. Merited Member - Legendary Members)
  • Merit senders depending by the ranks as well
Are both be possible? AFAIK LoyceV has data on it
I don't have up-to-date data on Ranks, but that's easy to get. It takes less than a day to scrape for all users who had any Merit transactions.
But the next problem is their rank now might be different than their rank when they received Merit. Users grow through the ranks as they earn Merit.

Interesting, Killyou72 got his name changed long ago but appeard in the list here
I think bitmover used my list of usernames, and I didn't update this user yet. I'll update it at my next update (Friday).
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
You put up a good fight satoshi, but you've been bested. Take that, guy who hasn't logged in to the forum since 2010.

Funny I didn't even show up until 8/19.

It was also funny to watch DdmrDdmr pull ahead of LoyceV for a few brief moments, and then Loyce was like, nope, and sped ahead like there was no tomorrow.

I remember in 2018 and maybe early 2019 seeing people with a lot more merits than me who never even appeared in this list, thinking, "It will be a big day when I catch up to them."

Really interesting to see a few people close to the top in 2018 that I've never even heard of.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Interesting, Killyou72 got his name changed long ago but appeard in the list here as kullyou72. I changed my username just recently but didn't appered with my previouse nickname in the list at all.
Nicely done, good work. Happy to see myself on that list, tho Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
~
Edit: I can make animations per request. For a different group of users for example. as suggested by 1miau

Thanks for the animation! Soon, someone will use this as their basis in showing graphs about important data here in the forum.

Here are my suggestions:
  • Maybe you should also try animating the merit receivers from different ranks as well (i.e. Merited Member - Legendary Members)
  • Merit senders depending by the ranks as well

Are both be possible? AFAIK LoyceV has data on it but the challenge is how could you get everything in chronological order since the merit started. Also, maybe you should just simply make a single thread about those animations or just combine it here and edit the title as "Bitcointalk Data Animation" that would contain all of your works because the ideas are the same.

I was trying to convert the video onto GIF yet can we upload gifs in here? I have cropped the video and the only problem is how can it be played here.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
To make custom animations I just need to select the requested data from the full merit history dataframe I made. I did in Jupyter Notebook. I just made a merit senders animation, which I will post now Wink
My bad it was Jupyter notebook, not Anaconda that's the whole package. That will be awesome don't forget the speed as well so we can see more clearer picture of the race. LOL!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I thought there will be a way to let the speed a little bit slower but I think it doesn't matter.

Thanks for your suggestion, I just slowed it down.

Do you still have to code the data for example on Anaconda or is it just drag and drop or something like that?

To make custom animations I just need to select the requested data from the full merit history dataframe I made. I did in Jupyter Notebook. I just made a merit senders animation, which I will post now Wink
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
Damn you o_e_l_e_o... take a break, it's not a competition LOL.

Nice animation, looks like I had spot No 4 before I was even registered.  Cheesy

Good decision to have that "1" in your name Smiley
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
I thought there will be a way to let the speed a little bit slower but I think it doesn't matter. Do you still have to code the data for example on Anaconda or is it just drag and drop or something like that?
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Are you also considering to create different animations per request like Re: LoyceV vs theymos (and get your own Merit graph: up to 20 users per graph)? for selected users?
Would be nice but I guess it's too much work...

I can do that. It is not too much work. 99% of the work was to organize the data. Now that it is organized I can make as many animations as requested pretty easily.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not available - plz check my websitelink
Nice animation, looks like I had spot No 4 before I was even registered.  Cheesy

Are you also considering to create different animations per request like Re: LoyceV vs theymos (and get your own Merit graph: up to 20 users per graph)? for selected users?
Would be nice but I guess it's too much work...
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
UPDATED 2022-12-30

Earned and sent merit are now in the same page. just click the arrow to see merit senders.

I am studying python and I managed to do something with @LoyceV's merit data and this nice website called Flourish Studio.

I cannot post videos here, so here is the image. Click in the image to see the animation:

Alternatively, you can click here for the animation.
https://www.bitcoindata.science/meritrace.html

I will make Merit Senders race soon Done and merged with this one.

Edit: I can make animations per request. For a different group of users for example. as suggested by 1miau

Other animations threads:
Bitcointalk Race Stats Animation - all in one thread

Pages:
Jump to: