Pages:
Author

Topic: ***Easiest Guide For DO Cloud Mining Datacoin***2DTC giveaway!MiningforDummies! - page 2. (Read 5129 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
"chainsperday" : 0.00444241,

What that means? Is that good, or bad?
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Greek, did you try Amazon EC2?  I see they don't have Ubuntu but Debian.  Shouldn't be too difficult to run primeminer on Debian.

Franco chains/d is what is really important.  Primes per second I never look at.
I managed to have primepersec as 5, whatever that means, now,

20:46:55

getdifficulty

20:46:55

9.95575458, what it means?
Thanks Greek.

Shocked Jeez.  Gpool at 22k workers.

Xpool still very small at 170 workers.

Franco you can use primeminer for Windows and Linux.  On Xpool website line 1. choose Windows

DO is web based.  There is a console when you run your droplet.  You don't need linux.
Hi, I am new, and I do like the idea of cloud mining, first thing first, I am running Windows XP on my computer, so do I have to change to Ubuntu, can I just use Windows XP? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Running an i5 3320M @ 2.6GHz.  So actually a 2 core with 4 threads.
Yes, the 2 cores are both very old.  But surprisingly useful.

The i5 gave me 2 segmentation faults so far.  So I think I should run it as a 2 core.

This happens too me many times on DO. The last days however i used 4019's DataMinerWatch and it restarts mining when it fails. And it is actually very good. Although i think there are some bugs, for sure now mining dies a lot less times!

If you want to check it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-datacoin-dataminerwatch-bash-script-for-restarting-primeminer-on-hangs-390911
Running an i5 3320M @ 2.6GHz.  So actually a 2 core with 4 threads.
Yes, the 2 cores are both very old.  But surprisingly useful.

The i5 gave me 2 segmentation faults so far.  So I think I should run it as a 2 core.

EDIT:  Running the i5 as a 2 core gave me almost the same no. of chains/d:  0.411 versus 0.46
legendary
getmonero.org
I'm just mining on 8 physical cores - 4 on an i5 PC and 4 on 2 duo core PC's.  I am getting about 1chain/d and 1DTC per day.  Using primeminer on xpool.

I think this is a bit low since my i3 laptop gets 0.35-0.4 chains/d alone. 2 cores 4 threads. but its sandy bridge though so i suppose your i5 is older than sandy bridge. (i dont know much things about cpus...)

As for the duo cores they must be quite old...arent they?

I'm just mining on 8 physical cores - 4 on an i5 PC and 4 on 2 duo core PC's.  I am getting about 1chain/d and 1DTC per day.  Using primeminer on xpool.
legendary
getmonero.org
UPDATES:
I just updated the link. Now you automatically download "screen" and you run primeminer with screen. This way by pressing ctrl A and then D you detach screen and you can safely close putty without stopping mining. You can again attach your mining screen with "screen -r". On this update i also automatically download "DataMinerWatch" but i dont run it. See here if you want to run it. I recommend it 100%  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-datacoin-dataminerwatch-bash-script-for-restarting-primeminer-on-hangs-390911
Activity: 75
Attaching this to the thread, surely it's interesting for you!

Thankyou for the guide metraque, i deposited a sum of 200 doges to your wallet   Smiley
legendary
getmonero.org
well i will mine it with my free month at azure. hopefully get 50 or so before it hits cryptsy.

is it on any other exchanges or just bter? bter is down btw

coinsE with extremely small volume. we are in contact with vircurex,coinedup and btc38 and of course with cryptsy.

Vote here btw Wink :

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/41704
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
well i will mine it with my free month at azure. hopefully get 50 or so before it hits cryptsy.

is it on any other exchanges or just bter? bter is down btw
legendary
getmonero.org
ok good. sounds like we have scarcity working for us
prob see dtc/btc .001 fairly easily

The thing is that the price dropped today because someone dumped around 7000 on bter. Bter isnt very reliable and people afraid of it so there is not enough volume going on there and it is easy to drop and increase. The coin needs to get on cryptsy. When this happen i believe it will easily pass 0.001. I am sad it isnt already past this level.

But with all the shitcoins out there this coin doesnt take all the attention it deserves. It needs to be more known...
ok good. sounds like we have scarcity working for us
prob see dtc/btc .001 fairly easily
legendary
getmonero.org
how many coins will there be total?

2 billions. This will happen in a few hundred years though so it doesnt matter.

today i read somewhere that there wont be more than 4-5 million until next year. cant remember where i read this. After 6 weeks now there are around 1.630.000 coins out.
how many coins will there be total?
legendary
getmonero.org
got 4 virtual machines mining this
2x 8 cpu
2x 2 cpu

never mined primecoin so its pretty neat to me.

what is the block reward? i have been mining for a while and barley got 1 coin.

btw i got all these machines for free for like 1 month. $200 credit on windows azure.
pm me i will show you how.

Block reward is about 10 DTC right now. But this can get bigger with more transactions and data upload up to around 50DTC . So the more people are using it the block reward is better and this is good for late adopters and miners.

Yesterday for example i saw a reward with 12DTC.

with 20cpu i would say you gonna make around 10 per day. Maybe more. Dunno what is going on with azure.
got 4 virtual machines mining this
2x 8 cpu
2x 2 cpu

never mined primecoin so its pretty neat to me.

what is the block reward? i have been mining for a while and barley got 1 coin.

btw i got all these machines for free for like 1 month. $200 credit on windows azure.
pm me i will show you how.
legendary
getmonero.org
This might be very helpful. I havent tested it yet because christmas. If you test it and it works write here. Also send the guy a few DTC!

https://datacointalk.org/index.php?topic=112.msg287#new
Pages:
Jump to: