Pages:
Author

Topic: ***Easiest Guide For DO Cloud Mining Datacoin***2DTC giveaway!MiningforDummies! - page 3. (Read 5129 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

Right now i believe datacoin is highly undervalued and in the future it will have enough value for this to be profitable.

Go play with Catcoin retardo...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
You're making money off of people who don't know any better.

Newcomers be warned.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
More digital ocean referral spam.

Stop trying to convince newbies to waste money on cpu cloud mining.

Go Away.

Ok, So, What is the more profitable mining for you? BTC? Come on, don't hate, we're all here trying to make some money and learn. If you don't like this post just go away. This is getting better and better for me, I'm not leaving CPU mining!

Some other tips:

Don't forget to choose Ubuntu 13.10 x64, it's faster to install and deploy on Digital Ocean, and Windows Azure.

And if you're taking this seriosly, you have to check this list of free trials: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=887.0 there are some hidden, better do a fast look to all pages, I've seen coupons upto $2000 dollars (Google Cloud).

Soon I'll do a guide to mine with W. Azure, it's easy and you get more money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
More digital ocean referral spam.

Stop trying to convince newbies to waste money on cpu cloud mining.

Go Away.
Attaching this to the thread, surely it's interesting for you!

How to get your miners run all day long without having your PC on with putty running.

Supervisor is a very good tool to help you monitoring your miners. Just an easy way to get your miner run automatically on boot and don't stop when you're sleeping. This beautiful tool restarts primeminer if something goes wrong (and doesn't sleep  Wink).

Assuming you've already installed primecoin miner in a Ubuntu machine and know (at least a bit) how to use it, here we go!

----

apt-get install supervisor

If you're not root (like with W. Azure) add "sudo" at the beggining of the command.

mkdir -p /var/log/supervisor
touch /etc/supervisor/conf.d/primecoin.conf
nano /etc/supervisor/conf.d/primecoin.conf

-------

This will open a text editor. Paste the following with a right click.

ATTENTION!
Make sure you CHANGE WORKER NAME GENPROCLIMIT (THREADS, 2 PER CPU IS RECOMMENDED) AND "ADDRESS.WORKER" (D8dkQanAJdTgADPzMtyMdjdFbXGQVdJq8Z.WORKER1) IF NECCESARY, LEAVE POOLSHARE INTACT FOR THE POOL SHOWN AND POOLPASWORD ALSO.
Finally, if you installed primeminer not using root privileges, (W. Azure case), change "/root/" for "/home/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/" (W.Azure default: azureuser).
----

[program:primecoin]

command=/root/primecoin/src/primeminer -pooluser=D8dkQanAJdTgADPzMtyMdjdFbXGQVdJq8Z.A0 -poolpassword=0 -poolip=162.243.41.59 -poolport=8336 -poolshare=6 -genproclimit=8

stdout_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log

stderr_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log

autorestart=true

-------

(just if you don't mind mining for me, change the address D8dkQanAJdTgADPzMtyMdjdFbXGQVdJq8Z for your one of your wallet's public keys  Grin)

Press Ctrl + X to exit and save

/etc/init.d/supervisor stop
/etc/init.d/supervisor start

Congrats, your are a miner now Smiley You can see your miner in action with the command

tail -f /var/log/supervisor/primecoin.log

You can later check your earnings with the mining pool visiting
http://dtc.gpool.net/user/D8dkQanAJdTgADPzMtyMdjdFbXGQVdJq8Z (change the last long string with your wallet)

Credits for davidedicillo.com. FULL GUIDE: http://www.davidedicillo.com/developing/how-to-mine-primecoin-xpm-on-the-cloud/

Tip me if you find this will save you money (time is money, so it will surely do Tongue). I have like 10 VPSes and it helps a lot!

DTC: D8dkQanAJdTgADPzMtyMdjdFbXGQVdJq8Z
DOGE: DGRNFX1NhiyTXHHWwCbfz4rvGxuUb1RW46
LTC: LN1bRH8Sr2WHZ4Ce4SWe7gpnNe3V16wzNt
FRK: FNahZGdKHeRWCd4ifVTcFq6McPD79qv4Zb
NMC: N4fTNXhLGNdFe1boKPd1YiqcQNMVNbaarx
PTS: PaFx21wDVkZix2WAy2bcWdXbtRYttcsRej
BTC: 1MdxyjzoRGM3vkkLn1qoRgifTgtFLy3qk5
legendary
getmonero.org
Someone was mining for my address. You have to change the address to yours!
legendary
getmonero.org
people were asking how many droplets you can create. You can create max 5 when you first register there.

If you want to create more you have to speak to them via support.

They dont mind if we mine cryptos with 5 droplets but they dont like to give more droplets for miners.

That being said have in mind this if you want to ask them for more droplets.
legendary
getmonero.org
So as i have already said you must not close putty or the process will stop. I will add this at the OP soon:

i use putty from windows. If you close putty the process will be terminated. however i use screen so i dont need to have it open all the time.

what you could try is to stop miner with ctrl+c and do this:

sudo apt-get install screen

then you run the process like this:

screen -S 1 ./primeminer -pooluser=DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy  -poolpassword=PASSWORD -poolip=dtc.xpool.xram.co -poolport=1335 -poolshare=6 -genproclimit=2

now you are running the process with screen.

if you know press ctrl+A and afterwards ctrl+D you are out of screen but process still runs. Now you can close putty without stoping the miner. when you want to check again you connect and just run "screen -r"

btw to run the above line you must be on cd primecoin/src of course

legendary
getmonero.org
Just started mining in digital ocean.

My DTC address is DTjqePWFB7gft9rgNeLmUd5gwFxU3mJimx

Tell me how can I attach images in private messages and I will attach proof if needed.

Thanks.

b66e50e662cd042d887c280846356a440fad43d524fe89b97a65954888ca2a6d-000

Sent Wink
legendary
getmonero.org
How many droplets did you create to get 3.5DTC per day?

The tl;dr version :

I expect 3.5DTC per day. Support Datacoin and its innovation! Support decentralized storage!

According to this calculator http://datacoin.info/calc.htm with 2.5chains per day you get 3.67DTC per day...Of course it is just an estimate.

You get 2.5chains per day with 5 2cpu 2gb droplets.

But when i started the thread i was talking about 1 8CPU droplet. That makes aroun 2.3 chains per day

However it is totally more cost effective to build 5 2cpu droplets than 1 8cpu. Almost half the money.

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
How many droplets did you create to get 3.5DTC per day?

The tl;dr version :

I expect 3.5DTC per day. Support Datacoin and its innovation! Support decentralized storage!

legendary
getmonero.org
Thanks for the guide. Started mining right away on DO.

One question, has the pool moved?

DTC: DFbbj5E7dUt2Vj1hZYr1QU8m2xRoNNqLc8

557a1daccfd43714fc03fe41fa9da734286a80aa81e9fd59e189cb23c65c840b-000

I sent you in the address you posted me on PM even though i didnt get any referral Wink
legendary
getmonero.org
tl;dr

the tl;dr version :
1. Create a droplet 2CPU 2GB Ram Ubuntu 13.10 64x
2. Run this: wget -O dtc.sh http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=L7NmrAKa && chmod +x dtc.sh && ./dtc.sh DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy 2
3. ? ? ? ? ?
4. Profit

There are two pools. I have both in the thread. I just changed the OP so that whoever does this will mine on the second pool cause we have to increase second's pool workers. A few messages down you can see the first pool line. I will make everything even more clear tomorrow.

for the 1 DTC please read OP
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
The most $/chains per day option is the 5$/month droplets, you get twice value than in the 20$/month ones
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

legendary
getmonero.org
Yes i wrote in the OP to choose at least 1GB memory. There is a way though but i dont like it.

Have in mind that you cant really take results if you dont let them for a day or at least if you didnt put them to work all together because workers in the pool change according to the time of the day...
It seems like the fact that I'm running all the workers (except from 1G8) from minutes ago, is skewing the results. I'm waiting an hour to see what's going on with this experiment.
This is the performance of an experiment I did with DO droplets:

W     Payment Mean       Worker Specs   
1G8   0,000167259      1G8:   1GB, 1CPU, 8 threads
1G2   0,000029975      1G2:   1GB, 1CPU, 2 threads
1G4   0,000005644      1G4:   1GB, 1CPU, 4 threads
-G0   0,000026668      -G0:   2GB, 2CPU, 16 threads

So, it seems that more threads per cpu means more profits, but with 1GB or above droplets, because 512MB ones throw errors. I'm trying out with doubling all threads of the droplets, let's see if the payment mean doubles or not.
legendary
getmonero.org
I made some changes. Actually i changed the pool the script was  mining because i want to divert some power to the second pool too. If any problems occur please post here! not by pm. This way others can see solutions and others can answer questions too!
legendary
getmonero.org
All. Although i have a feeling that it is better to mine when workers are low the pool.
Pages:
Jump to: