Pages:
Author

Topic: Eating At Work Makes You Fat - page 2. (Read 199 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 15, 2018, 07:33:04 AM
When you're sitting all day yes.
Activity: 173
June 15, 2018, 05:43:04 AM
I think this depends on the nature of work you are doing.. If you are doing hard work eating while at Work will not cause you to be fat
Activity: 111
June 15, 2018, 03:17:46 AM
yeap  Grin
Activity: 30
June 15, 2018, 01:59:33 AM
Well, frankly I appreciate whatever the company offers since not all the workplaces provide free food. Being said that, it is my choice whether I am going to eat or not. It will be much nicer fresh fruits are on the table all the time, however, it means that we should have someone taking care of them before going bad. I am not against the idea but just saying that we can't really blame on the company.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
June 15, 2018, 01:33:01 AM
We go to work because we have bills to pay. But the work environment causes us to make poor food choices thus, we pack on the pounds. And so correspondingly, going to the office can be unhealthy. Maybe working remotely is a better idea? A CNN story reports how workplaces across America provide employees with high-sodium and refined foods, and not enough fruit and whole grains. A study was conducted by Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and they looked at more than 5,000 employees across the US. Based on their study, some of the most commonly consumed foods included soft drinks, coffee, sandwiches, cookies and brownies.  Although there was salad, there was pizza and fries as well. Their research also shows that most of the calories consumed were from free food during meetings, in the common areas or work-related social events.

It really is difficult to stay healthy when you work at an environment that does not support good health. How about you guys? What’s the food environment like in your office? Are you healthy?

https://editi[Suspicious link removed]/2018/06/12/health/unhealthy-workplace-eating-study/index.html

Pages:
Jump to: