Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebola the trigger for martial law? - page 2. (Read 2776 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
August 13, 2014, 03:16:51 AM
Ebola is not an airborne disease. It is spread only through body fluids. So that makes Ebola less contagious than the other airborne diseases such as Tuberculosis and Influenza. Therefore, I don't think sufficient justification exists for declaring the martial law.

This bodily fluids stuff is an interesting one. I think if on the tube someone sneezing at me I can get some bodily fluids... Or saliva doesn't count ?

Unfortunately, that is the case. If an infected person sneezes close to you, then there is a good chance that you will get infected. That is because as the disease progresses to the advanced stages, blood gets mixed with mucus, which makes even sneezing highly contagious.

During the Ebola outbreak of 2001 in Uganda, the most senior doctor there, Dr. Matthew Lukwiya got infected an later died of the disease after a patient named Simon Ajok sneezed close to him.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
August 12, 2014, 04:57:08 PM
Saliva appears to inactivate the virus, it's PCR positive but culture negative, possibly due to enzymes.
Breast milk is the most dangerous, also semen and tears. Perspiration itself is negative, but it could be contaminated with blood.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
August 12, 2014, 03:44:53 PM
Asymptomatic carriers and people within incubation period are able to infect other people through blood transfusion or sexual intercourse, because their blood and seminal fluid have high concentration of virus particles.

Saliva or perspiration doesn't contain enough concentration of virus particles... Unless it's contaminated with blood, it will contain something closer to 1 virus per 2 litres of saliva. And don't forget that saliva and perspiration contain antibodies which are able to neutralize virus particles. Roll Eyes That's the reason why asymptomatic carriers and other infected people without symptoms are relatively safe.

But if they develop the symptoms then saliva and perspiration will always have at least some traces of blood due to hemorregic nature of the desease.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2014, 03:12:07 PM
Ebola is not an airborne disease. It is spread only through body fluids. So that makes Ebola less contagious than the other airborne diseases such as Tuberculosis and Influenza. Therefore, I don't think sufficient justification exists for declaring the martial law.

This bodily fluids stuff is an interesting one. I think if on the tube someone sneezing at me I can get some bodily fluids... Or saliva doesn't count ?
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
August 12, 2014, 02:04:02 PM

Look.. the average person believes what ever the fancy colour TV tells them..
I believe right now if Obama went on TV and said Martial Law was needed to stop the bees from dying over 50% of people would be for it.

This is so sad but true. It would be at least a full 7 days before an appreciable voice of discontent was heard...
legendary
Activity: 1722
August 12, 2014, 01:47:02 PM

Look.. the average person believes what ever the fancy colour TV tells them..
I believe right now if Obama went on TV and said Martial Law was needed to stop the bees from dying over 50% of people would be for it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
August 12, 2014, 01:34:07 PM
Might be handy around the time of elections, November 2014.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
August 12, 2014, 01:32:17 PM
legendary
Activity: 1722
August 12, 2014, 01:26:45 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2014/08/12/if-ebola-arrives-in-america-some-controversial-tools-could-be-used-to-stop-it/

Think this will be used to instant martial law?  IMO in a few small areas to get americans ready for all out martial law when we start our moronic war with the BRICs.
Pages:
Jump to: