Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Inequality - page 5. (Read 8867 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
November 18, 2014, 03:28:49 AM
Lets face it, there's a colossal gap between the rich and the poor, and that gap is certainly getting wider. But whose to blame in this economic inequality? Is it the government that favors capitalist who contributed large amount during their campaign periods? Is it our constitution that institutionalized the practice of contractualization and other forms of labor flexibilization, hence undermining job security? Like a joke from my previous job, "If you are not a regular employee, you are casual. And after 5 or 6 months, your employer says TY (Thank You) to you which makes you a casualTY. Can we blame capitalist that hoard as much wealth as possible leaving only a thin slice of the .pie for the average guy to share among themselves?

Well, we know  that the economic inequality has existed since the beginning of civilization so we can rule out all possible reasons listed here, as they are much newer than civilization.  There is clearly something intrinsic about civilization itself which leads to this result.  

Obviously, as the people who are rich are historically the people who make the rules, it stands to reason that they would establish rules that maintain and increase their wealth; this is true regardless of political or economic systems in place.  Further, it is also clear they it is critical to their wealth that they main a lower class (basically everyone else).  Even if there were an abundance of wealth to go around such that we could all be "rich", it is not in their best interests to facilitate this.  After all, I can't hire another billionaire to do my work for me, it requires someone who has no choice but to do my work for me.

“Civilization” began with the ability to “store” (read: withhold to an unnatural degree) value. Prior that, Homo sapiens had to meander about with the animals they hunted—enduring egalitarianism.
Activity: 350
November 16, 2014, 05:34:31 AM
Lets face it, there's a colossal gap between the rich and the poor, and that gap is certainly getting wider. But whose to blame in this economic inequality? Is it the government that favors capitalist who contributed large amount during their campaign periods? Is it our constitution that institutionalized the practice of contractualization and other forms of labor flexibilization, hence undermining job security? Like a joke from my previous job, "If you are not a regular employee, you are casual. And after 5 or 6 months, your employer says TY (Thank You) to you which makes you a casualTY. Can we blame capitalist that hoard as much wealth as possible leaving only a thin slice of the .pie for the average guy to share among themselves?

Well, we know  that the economic inequality has existed since the beginning of civilization so we can rule out all possible reasons listed here, as they are much newer than civilization.  There is clearly something intrinsic about civilization itself which leads to this result.  

Obviously, as the people who are rich are historically the people who make the rules, it stands to reason that they would establish rules that maintain and increase their wealth; this is true regardless of political or economic systems in place.  Further, it is also clear they it is critical to their wealth that they main a lower class (basically everyone else).  Even if there were an abundance of wealth to go around such that we could all be "rich", it is not in their best interests to facilitate this.  After all, I can't hire another billionaire to do my work for me, it requires someone who has no choice but to do my work for me.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 16, 2014, 05:28:26 AM
Bitcoin is probably going to result in one of the largest redistributions of wealth in history.
Who knows, we may be the lucky few who got in early into this gold rush
Roll Eyes Really? Come on. This is such fantasy
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
November 16, 2014, 03:37:21 AM
Bitcoin is probably going to result in one of the largest redistributions of wealth in history.
Who knows, we may be the lucky few who got in early into this gold rush
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 15, 2014, 03:15:31 AM
we blame capitalist that hoard as much wealth as possible leaving only a thin slice of the .pie for the average guy to share among themselves...rich or poor also depend on hard working and the change of the current money.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
November 11, 2014, 05:47:04 PM
...Can we blame capitalist that hoard as much wealth as possible leaving only a thin slice of the .pie for the average guy to share among themselves?

Nope, it's the corrupt politicians and bankers.  It's the monopoly on the ability to create money that is the problem, not capitalism.
Ok, you may go in here and reply to these 3 questions, you and everyone else in this thread, it's relevant:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9507742

Very interested in your replies.

Okay, checking out your video now.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
November 11, 2014, 09:03:40 AM
...Can we blame capitalist that hoard as much wealth as possible leaving only a thin slice of the .pie for the average guy to share among themselves?

Nope, it's the corrupt politicians and bankers.  It's the monopoly on the ability to create money that is the problem, not capitalism.
Ok, you may go in here and reply to these 3 questions, you and everyone else in this thread, it's relevant:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9507742

Very interested in your replies.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
November 10, 2014, 09:27:58 PM
known since the beginning of the capitalist economic system, the economic imbalance occurs, the conglomerates continue to accumulate wealth so that continues to grow, they monopolize every field of business so there is no chance for others to start a business, any business that strategically they controlled, so that the rich get richer while the the poor poorer ...  Cool
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
November 10, 2014, 02:50:53 PM
Progress will only occur when people choose to opt out of the current fiat, debt-based monetary system.  Anyone trying to improve society within the current monetary system is just spinning their wheels.

Careful comrade Angry

Activity: 280
November 10, 2014, 01:39:28 PM
it all depends on what economic system we use, when we use the system of capitalist economy, economic imbalances will be more visible, the rich will get richer while the poor are getting poorer, there is no economic justice, if we use the capitalist system, economic system this is still used by most major countries are there in the world such as American and European countries

I suggested that we should learn to wear Islamic economic system, where the rich and the poor help each other there is a relationship between one and the other, in the Islamic economic system is no term zakat and charity, where the wealth of the rich are the poor of his rights to be issued immediately when reaching reckoning, I think the Islamic economic system is better than other economic systems such as the capitalist economic system ...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 10, 2014, 01:12:03 PM
The goal isn't to have equality.  The goal is to keep inequality gap from getting out of hand.  Would you rather have a distribution like Post War US & UK or Pre Revolutionary France?

That's the issue now as the IG gets close to the levels of Pre Revolutionary France
Activity: 6
November 10, 2014, 04:20:29 AM
since the beginning, even when the time that money is not yet in existence, there is already an unequal distribution of wealth. Its already on the system. We cant do anything to have an economic equality.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
November 09, 2014, 10:52:36 PM
Everyone was born unequal, the only thing people can do is to make a fair-play system for everyone, but that is still a best effort thing

Bitcoin can make the system better by abolishing "creating money out of thin air" scam. Money should always be produced with a cost that corresponding to its value, so it becomes a fair trade between money and goods/services

However, people tends to rely on large and powerful organizations to protect them, it is this demand created the chance for banks to rob people of their wealth, it seems people are volunteered to be the victim

So what we can do is to educate people to be independent about their money, but I don't know if that will work. Banks existed for thousands of years, there is a reason why they are needed, mostly a psychological demand
Activity: 119
November 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

The biggest issues are the fact that it's inflationary and debt-based.  It's also controlled by those with political connections and used as a political tool.
Most central banks are generally independent from political affiliation and are not controlled by any political appointee.

The Federal Reserve was created by an act of Congress and the president appoints the Fed Chairman.  Also, a significant amount of the federal government's funding has been coming from the Fed.
The president appoints the chairman of the federal reserve (as well as each of the member of the board of governors of the fed) however there is no accountability to the president once they are confirmed by the senate. Also the federal reserve does not receive any funding from the government (it is the other way around) so it is not subject to congressional pressure 
November 09, 2014, 11:54:30 AM

The biggest issues are the fact that it's inflationary and debt-based.  It's also controlled by those with political connections and used as a political tool.
Most central banks are generally independent from political affiliation and are not controlled by any political appointee.

The Federal Reserve was created by an act of Congress and the president appoints the Fed Chairman.  Also, a significant amount of the federal government's funding has been coming from the Fed.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
November 09, 2014, 07:31:09 AM

First, I object to the concept of people as "workers". "worker" is just a euphemism for "serf" or even "slave". People should take responsibility for their own lives and stop looking for other people to support them. If people approached work not as employment, but as self-employment, they would be much better off.

Second, the claim that capitalists "hoard as much wealth as possible" is odd, since the most successful capitalists hoard very little of their wealth. Instead they utilize it to increase their wealth.

I believe the reason for the disparity is that it takes money to make money and thus people with wealth are able to increase their wealth more than those without. If income disparity has increased, it is probably due to technology increasing the efficiency of using money to make money.

I think it is very apparent that the solution to the problem of income disparity in the past has been revolution. Unfortunately, the ability of people to revolt against their subjugators has been diminished by the growth of government, which ironically also has resulted in the institutionalized corruption that has contributed to this income disparity. In order to eliminate income disparity, there must be a revolution of some kind, and in order to achieve a successful revolution, the size of the government must be reduced. Unfortunately, the people that suffer from income disparity are the majority and they tend to believe that more government is a solution to the problem, when the truth is that big government perpetuates the problem and prevents the revolution.

I believe that Bitcoin may be the revolution we are looking for. Governments certainly see it that way. Just look at how they approach it -- with fear and trepidation. They know how dangerous it is to them.
Activity: 155
November 09, 2014, 05:45:30 AM
It's much worse than the flu, it's a defective heart.  The only way to survive is with a transplant.

Fortunately, Bitcoin is a voluntary monetary system.  Those who feel their needs are being met with the existing fiat monetary system and prefer to continue using it are free to do so.
So our current system, what exactly is wrong with it?

November 09, 2014, 01:28:00 AM

I certainly agree with you on that. From the time of campaign up to the time when they are already elected, money is what makes some politicians go round.

Yep, people that have the ability to create money buy out the politicians.  Then the politicians use the money to buy votes.
Activity: 42
November 09, 2014, 01:24:22 AM
I think you have to steer the conversation away from "who to blame".

1. The only solution is to acknowledge the problem and come up w solution w everyone involved.

2. If you are super rich or corporations, are you willing to pay more taxes?

3. If you are middle class are you willing to spend more on supporting SMEs

4. If you are an SME,  will you hire more local labor?

5. If you are poor, are you willing to work harder? Take some night classes, increase your skillset to gain employment?

6. If you are gov't,  are you willing to reform taxes? Stimulate SMEs & increase social programs so the underclass can get more education? Focus on employment rather than GDP

The problem can only be solved if the entire society wants it solved

1. That would be even harder to achieve. Every class in a society have different goals.

2. They are already paying more taxes compared to an average guy, otherwise, the Internal Revenue would be chasing them.

3. Not all middle class are into business or SME's. Some are just contend being an employee of some giant corporations.

4. That could be work out.

5. Working harder is all they could do. How could they even take night classes to upgrade their skill when they are already having hard time to make ends meet.

6. No comment on that. Politicians are trying to balance their their positions on tax reforms, otherwise, they wont get any contributions to fund their campaign. Smiley

Apply this to past problems.  Slavery, labor rights, civil rights and whatever else

Sounds impossible to solve at the time but society did progress. It can either through democratic process or bloody process.  Personally, I prefer the non violent way

The problem w inequality issues is not everyone even recognize its an issue.

The problem w individuals only thinking about themselves and not caring about society as a whole.  Shit doesnt get done.  Trying to blame someone.  Yeah it feels good but its the wrong mindset

Blaming someones misfortune to others is inherent quality as a human. But it does not necessarily mean that the one who is finger-pointing is not taking himself into account. It could be that he has already done all what he could do to address such issues but unfortunately, "OTHERS" are into the equation that ain't doing their part, hence the blaming game starts.
Activity: 42
November 09, 2014, 01:18:03 AM

I certainly agree with you on that. From the time of campaign up to the time when they are already elected, money is what makes some politicians go round.
Pages:
Jump to: