Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 16. (Read 345738 times)

Activity: 427
Merit: 266
July 05, 2016, 04:19:51 PM

Greenspan Warns A Crisis Is Imminent, Urges A Return To The Gold Standard

ZeroHedge
by Tyler Durden
Jun 27, 2016 3:22 PM

On Friday afternoon, after the shocking Brexit referendum, while being interviewed by CNBC Alan Greenspan stunned his hosts when he said that things are about as bad as he has ever seen.

"This is the worst period, I recall since I've been in public service. There's nothing like it, including the crisis — remember October 19th, 1987, when the Dow went down by a record amount 23 percent? That I thought was the bottom of all potential problems. This has a corrosive effect that will not go away. I'd love to find something positive to say."

Strangely enough, he was not refering to the British exodus but to America's own economic troubles.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
July 02, 2016, 11:55:35 AM

davis196

The only big problem with real estate is that property taxes can get very high, sometimes higher than an easy way to USE your property (renting it out, farming it, etc.) can support.

Living in a nice house in a state (country) where property taxes are high can be a burden.  The state I am living in charges about 1.5% of assessed value.  And real estate is easy to tax, it is obvious and going anywhere...  (At least our other taxes (in toto) are relatively low.)

Also real estate is illiquid if you might need the money...
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
July 02, 2016, 06:48:51 AM

This thread is actually in honor of CoinCube (who started the very popular "Economic Devastation" thread).

Smiley

But, that thread wanders into difficult philosophical terrain, and I am interested in hearing opinions (practical!) re what we can do about "Economic Totalitarianism":

1) The new War on CA$H (Zero Hedge is covering this tpoic pretty well)

2) ZIRP/NIRP

3) Whether any of our apparently worthless Prez candidates have any decent ideas to save our financial butts.  And who is worse (the worst).

4a) Ideas that EACH of us might be able to do to defend ourselves from abusive .gov trying to take ever-more of our hard-earned money...

4b) Where assets like BTC, "alts", physical gold, foreign real estate, "Plan B", etc. may fit in...

Ideas anyone?

I´m too old to learn to program, nor interested (in this thread) in obscure discussions of Marxism, "idiots", personal attacks, etc.

I want practical ideaz and resultz, fishez!

Practical ideas?Run away in the jungle and stop using money. Grin

Is this practical enough? Grin

The only defense against inflation is to buy real estate....that`s my advise.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 02, 2016, 06:38:49 AM
Totalitarianism is not an inappropriate term, not simply because the financial realm holds such a great deal of wealth and power. The term was coined by the Italian Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini to praise the system he created where the ruling ideology dominated every aspect of citizens' lives.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
July 01, 2016, 12:48:54 AM
An interesting film on subversion in the west: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4
June 27, 2016, 10:34:02 AM

The master plan appears to be to weaken Europe sufficiently that ISIS can overrun it. Then Russia comes in to rescue Europe and takes control.

The future world run by China, Russia, and oligarchs.

And BitCON's mining is controlled by China.
June 27, 2016, 10:21:15 AM
I have been noting, iamnotback, that others have become wary of Chinese mining centralization.  To my knowledge, this was not foreseen (or at least no discussions that I ever saw) by the Bitcoin pioneers.

AnonyMint predicted it in 2013.

BREXIT is causing a an initial rush into gold, but it could transition into a rush into USD and US investments, which would then be negative for gold. Armstrong may not be incorrect on his prediction for lower lows in gold. We'll see...
legendary
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 27, 2016, 04:24:12 AM

trollercoaster & iamnotback

Some of the the worldwide pumps are now running out of gas, being freaked-out by Brexit.  BTC has not benefited from Brexit, gold has.

I have been noting, iamnotback, that others have become wary of Chinese mining centralization.  To my knowledge, this was not foreseen (or at least no discussions that I ever saw) by the Bitcoin pioneers.

China even devalued its Yuan tonight (US ET).  I do not trust (duh!) China, but as you write, iamnotback, we would be fools to trust the US SEC or any equivalent regulators anywhere else.

Armstrong sure has that right: corruption is everywhere, all these .gov hands reaching to steal as much as possible.
The US is devaluing the US dollar all the time, but people still trust them to store value. And I agree that corruption is everywhere, but everyone should also be careful not to trust too much private entities. Some of them have proven to be incompetent as well...
legendary
June 26, 2016, 10:46:49 PM

trollercoaster & iamnotback

Some of the the worldwide pumps are now running out of gas, being freaked-out by Brexit.  BTC has not benefited from Brexit, gold has.

I have been noting, iamnotback, that others have become wary of Chinese mining centralization.  To my knowledge, this was not foreseen (or at least no discussions that I ever saw) by the Bitcoin pioneers.

China even devalued its Yuan tonight (US ET).  I do not trust (duh!) China, but as you write, iamnotback, we would be fools to trust the US SEC or any equivalent regulators anywhere else.

Armstrong sure has that right: corruption is everywhere, all these .gov hands reaching to steal as much as possible.
legendary
June 26, 2016, 10:10:52 PM
Holy shit I did not think of that, most likely scenario for the recent (simultaneous) pumps imo.
June 26, 2016, 02:34:22 PM
We are just fools:

It seems that a corrupted exchange is an essential ingredient for pumping a crypto currency to $billion nosebleed mcaps, so apparently not only is demand being created out-of-thin-air using margined coins the insiders deceptively obtained from the ICO by buying from themselves (taking out a BTC loan and paying it back after the ICO)...

...but likely also that some high volume exchange is also creating tokens literally out-of-thin-air and is another Mt.Gox or Cryptsy waiting to default when there is a run to withdraw.

A likely essential ingredient in BitCON's rise from $10 to $1200 was because Mt.Gox was creating coins out-of-thin-air and handling most of the BTC volume, so this provided more coins for everyone to leverage and create fake demand with.

So this huge pump in ETH likely means another high volume exchange will end up stealing all your coins again soon.

The way this criminal enterprise crypto-currency enterprise works is that the insiders create tokens out-of-thin-air on the exchanges, then when the ponzi scheme implodes, the "hackers" or owners of the exchange are blamed instead of blaming the real manipulators behind the curtain.

We apparently have criminal gangs in the crypto-currency ecosystem. The DAO attacker says the UGGovt + MIT/Cornell universities are complicit. Others say Goldman Sachs is in this. Probably also Russian criminals, etc..

That is likely why there is no enforcement from the SEC. Because the SEC is owned by the criminal gangs.

Nothing has changed! We have not defeated fiat. We have not defeated the same banksters bastards who are always enslaving us.

We're just fools.
June 26, 2016, 02:07:26 AM
Summary of the totalitarianism of crypto currency:

I think we need to try to do something in terms of investing our money in honest s/w development.

Or just stick with BTC and accept the fate of Blockstream + China, which in my opinion in another way we are being used for the objectives of those who control us.

I try to be pragmatic and set reasonable expectations for what can become of things.  I'm aware governments can attempt to co-opt BTC in different manners by trying to regulate mining facilities and all that.  Whether that would actually work or not is highly debatable being a multi-continent thing +10,000 altcoins they have to play endless whack-a-mole with and lose eventually.  This is why there's no real reason for them to even try to attack BTC in that manner.

Your conceptualization is factually incorrect w.r.t. Bitcoin. Please try to study these links:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14836040 (halving will increase centralized control)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14834374
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14817397 (prior specific rebuttal to r0ach)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14828552 (followup to r0ach)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14803606 (read all of sockpuppet1 posts down that page)
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/49a14r/how_the_heck_are_actual_bitcoin_users_who_want_a/d0taiqa?context=3 (controlling block size Blockstream+China necessary to maximize Fees)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14810338
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14816704 (rebuttal to r0ach's commodization of ASICs non-solution)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14835570 (followup to r0ach)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14828344 (rebuttal to r0ach's free electricity from heating our homes)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14817057
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15145893

As for playing whack-a-mole with altcoins, they only need to control the popular block chain used by the masses (Bitcoin) and businesses (Ethereum). All the rest of the altcoins will die, because nobody wants to be developing for an ecosystem or accepting tokens from that which is not mainstream. Our window of opportunity to not be enslaved is slipping away, because people like you are willing to look the other way and think incorrectly about how the elite have always insidiously taken power while the masses were asleep at the wheel.

The point is, none of those worst case scenarios are even a deal breaker to me because they still would not be worse than the system we already have.  Bitcoin isn't usury, debt, fractional reserve based, or inflationary, so no matter what "they" do to the thing, you will probably be getting some type of more sound money out of the deal.  You try to say they will "claw it all back" with 90% taxes or whatever, but that's not an inherent Bitcoin problem, that's a too big of govt problem.

Not only can centralized control over the mining do everything a fiat currency did, but worse it is a digital public ledger that tracks everything and can even turn off you ability to transact (once they add MIT's ChainAnchor).

If every 1st world nation bands together to create a North Korean, gulag system where everyone who makes over $10,000 a year is taxed for 90% using the blockchain to prove how much wealth you have, at that point you would just cash out your now much more valuable BTC,

There won't be anything non-digital to cash out to. You will tracked and controlled.

There won't be any more physical cash. Physical gold as cash will be illegal. Trading your BTC directly for land without a digital record, will be illegal.

Terrorism. Can't be allowed. Those damn terrorists will be blamed. Everything must be tracked. That is why the elite are flooding Europe with Muslims, so they can create a chaos to usher in the 666 system.

If Bitcoin accomplishes it's intended goal, you win.  If Bitcoin is somehow co-opted by a world government, you're now front running the government and still win with 10,000x more resources to attempt to accomplish whatever it is you wanted to do before.  Bitcoin never shipped with a label that says "100% guaranteed to prevent an authoritarian world government from forming that will kill everyone".

r0ach it is sad that you'd prefer a happy delusion than the depressing reality we face. Because then maybe you would stop fucking around and get serious and fight. Come on man. Fight. Don't be a wimp.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 18, 2016, 07:28:00 AM
The problem with this forum is that it's a kind of big circle jerk. Everyone has an obvious interest in bitcoin so of course these people will tend to have the same opinion about economics. I also noticed that staying to much in this forum alters my perception of public opinion not on bitcoin and other more "alternative" economic policies.
June 17, 2016, 11:42:40 AM
I'll check back from time to time, send me a pm when you update your jambox thread, I am still interested in following it's progress.

But the retardation on this forum seriously outweighs the quality, and slogging through it all to find anything worthwhile gives me lock jaw.

Yeah please keep your emails from PMs active.

I know it seems like I will never bring anything to fruition, but really we still have a good chance of doing something significant with the technology.

Btw, I am also diversified from the JAMBOX project now too meaning I could possibly production another project sooner that has less scaling requirements in order to make a quicker impact.

I am not saying this because I want you to invest, rather because I haven't given up on the world being able to find a technological way through the coming conflagration.

Taking breaks from foruming is very healthy. I highly advise it.
legendary
June 16, 2016, 08:56:28 PM
I'll check back from time to time, send me a pm when you update your jambox thread, I am still interested in following it's progress.

But the retardation on this forum seriously outweighs the quality, and slogging through it all to find anything worthwhile gives me lock jaw.

June 16, 2016, 12:44:05 PM
Well dudes, I am bowing out from this forum.

I have nothing more to contribute, and this place is toxic as others have noted.

The world is fucked and nobody can fix it.

Peace bros

Hey don't leave yet. Have a little bit of faith.

There may be surprises. Hang around.
legendary
June 16, 2016, 11:08:44 AM
Well dudes, I am bowing out from this forum.

I have nothing more to contribute, and this place is toxic as others have noted.

The world is fucked and nobody can fix it.

Peace bros

Peace to you and yours, brother.
Pages:
Jump to: