Pages:
Author

Topic: edit - page 6. (Read 28222 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
March 20, 2014, 02:43:55 PM
Coin creation is once again enabled as blockchain.info is functioning again!
March 17, 2014, 10:35:02 AM
hey voileipa,

on the free coin i created the file i received tested positive for malware on virustotal.com in the 'rising' category, can you explain?

The wallet tries to open by default ports so AntiVirus programs may consider it hazardous. In fact even Chrome warns that every ".exe" file is a risk so it would not be a surprise that Antivirus programs consider it to be  harmful to run .exe applications from a "untrusted" source.

If you download any windows wallet from the newly announced coins your AntiVirus program probably will warn about them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

I understand your concern but... I'm a little pissed off.

thanks for the quick response, if you say its legit then cool, i do not understand the technicals, im not accusing you just getting the info out there.

i actually punched my laptop screen and broke the screen cause i thought i got malware lol,  its an old laptop, now i have to figure out how to connect with a fresh screen.

No problem. We try to be as transparent as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2014, 02:31:54 PM
hey voileipa,

on the free coin i created the file i received tested positive for malware on virustotal.com in the 'rising' category, can you explain?

The wallet tries to open by default ports so AntiVirus programs may consider it hazardous. In fact even Chrome warns that every ".exe" file is a risk so it would not be a surprise that Antivirus programs consider it to be  harmful to run .exe applications from a "untrusted" source.

If you download any windows wallet from the newly announced coins your AntiVirus program probably will warn about them.

thanks for the quick response, if you say its legit then cool, i do not understand the technicals, im not accusing you just getting the info out there.

i actually punched my laptop screen and broke the screen cause i thought i got malware lol,  its an old laptop, now i have to figure out how to connect with a fresh screen.
March 16, 2014, 02:14:40 PM
hey voileipa,

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2014, 12:45:37 PM
hey voileipa,

March 15, 2014, 01:56:15 PM
Created a simple tutorial on how to set up a "hosting" node on linux

https://github.com/coincreator/tutorials/tree/master/tutorials/LinuxDaemonHosting
Activity: 126
March 09, 2014, 04:18:48 AM
More crap coins inbound
March 09, 2014, 12:11:15 AM
over 250 created coins!
March 07, 2014, 07:36:04 AM
Do you provide support for Mac OS?
We don't support ready-made Mac wallets.

However, you can build a Mac wallet from the sources given you have some technical knowledge/experience about compiling.
Activity: 428
Merit: 252
March 07, 2014, 04:25:48 AM
Do you provide support for Mac OS?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 06, 2014, 01:50:39 PM
Thanks, I'll try.
March 06, 2014, 01:29:44 PM
I've just create a test coin with SHA 256, however, i can only download qt.exe file without source. How can I get source of my coin?
We don't provide the source codes in the FreeCoin version. You have to purchase the Yourcoin version to get the source codes.
March 06, 2014, 01:26:41 PM
I've just create a test coin with SHA 256, however, i can only download qt.exe file without source. How can I get source of my coin?
March 06, 2014, 12:40:05 PM
can we download source code?
You get the source code of your created coin. (YourCoin only)

We do not plan to open-source the coincreator service itself.
March 06, 2014, 10:07:25 AM
can we download source code?
Activity: 112
March 06, 2014, 09:32:45 AM
Altcoin creation has never been easier

118 created coins already

Coming Soon everyone will have their own currency

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
Activity: 322
March 06, 2014, 09:08:50 AM
This service is very much needed, the scam coins may be coming from some of the  best developers in the community and how would you know? an option to create a coin with new innovation is not going to keep it from being a scam, lets look at how bitcoin could appear to be a ponzi to some, and how would you know if it started out as one or not? Satoshi is good as gone with his tracks being covered by some early adopters.
Hate to break it to you guy's, but there will soon be thousands of coins, nothing wrong with someone coming out with a standard coin, its nice to have new innovation but why are you knocking someone down for using the cheap alternative? They should know you get what you pay for, if miners mine it whats the prob?
Activity: 98
To The Moon!
March 06, 2014, 04:38:25 AM
Creating coins fast shouldn't be a goal. Creating strong, usable coins should be. I understand your in this business to make money, but it does seem like it will harm the community more than help.

AGREED! This just opens the door for many more scam coins!!!
March 06, 2014, 04:30:47 AM
Creating coins fast shouldn't be a goal. Creating strong, usable coins should be. I understand your in this business to make money, but it does seem like it will harm the community more than help.
To The Moon!
March 06, 2014, 04:29:13 AM
Wow, just another site that ruins the crypto community. Good job.
Pages:
Jump to: