Pages:
Author

Topic: edit - page 7. (Read 28180 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
March 06, 2014, 04:21:49 AM
Since these coins are being forked from bitcoin 0.8.6, which has no built in method of peer matching, as soon as the one month daemon hosting period this guy gives you expires, nobody will able to connect to the network. The coin is as good as dead at that point.
We understand your concern about losing your clients to our service.
However, the "good as dead" is not true. We offer the seed node option. Static nodes can also be refered in the config file.

In my opinion setting up your own hosting is easy (although it requires some time). What is needed is a linux server with a static ip. Compiling the linux daemon is super easy.

In fact there has been many questions regarding the "what happens after the hosting period is over" - issue. That's why we plan to make a comprehensive "step-by-step" guide about the hosting setup.

All in all we try to be as transparent as possible. We have answered every support e-mail. We encourage people to read more about cryptocurrencies before using our service to understand what is possible and what is not.

There also seems to be this kind of "If you have to ask, don't do it" - atmosphere around the Bitcoin forums. By offering a simple way to create your own cryptocurrency we offer a channel for people to get involved in the "altcoin creation domain" if they feel like it.

Obviously you will get a better and a more customized coin if you use services like Hazard offers. But what will you get with 0.075BTC? For instance people are already willing to pay 2BTC/month for just a cryptocurrency support. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/05/sponsored-story-build-scrypt-coin-receive-10-btc/

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
March 05, 2014, 10:09:18 PM
So is a successful coin able to use one of these to launch? I've been told these are complete and utter shit.
Let's put it this way... You get what you pay for.

Since these coins are being forked from bitcoin 0.8.6, which has no built in method of peer matching, as soon as the one month daemon hosting period this guy gives you expires, nobody will able to connect to the network. The coin is as good as dead at that point.
What if I had hosting?

My main concern is the tech side of the coin, of which I have no experience. I have no problem hiring someone to take care of that side of it, but finding someone qualified is proving difficult.
The nodes the client attempts to connect to are hardcoded into the client. You'd have to recompile to change them, which if you're paying for something like this, you probably can't do. This leaves only one options for new users to connect to the network: addnodes through the conf file. Less than ideal, and aside from being unprofessional and unintuitive, will likely cause many issues over the long term.

If you need this type of work done properly, feel free to PM me Wink
Activity: 98
March 05, 2014, 09:51:08 PM
So is a successful coin able to use one of these to launch? I've been told these are complete and utter shit.

What if I had hosting?

My main concern is the tech side of the coin, of which I have no experience. I have no problem hiring someone to take care of that side of it, but finding someone qualified is proving difficult.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
March 05, 2014, 09:37:12 PM
Do you change the announcement keys?
Umm.. not sure what you mean by the "announcment key"

I'm pretty sure you need a private key to make announcements on the network that are shown by all clients. If you're leaving it the same, it means the developer of whatever coin you're forking from has this key.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
March 05, 2014, 09:48:39 PM

March 05, 2014, 09:44:23 PM
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
March 04, 2014, 11:25:29 PM
March 05, 2014, 05:06:41 AM
Umm.. not sure what you mean by the "announcment key"
March 03, 2014, 05:25:50 AM
Do you have a list of the coins you created by chance? Are any of them successful?
Most of the coins are clearly created for testing out / just for fun purposes but there are some coins created getting a more serious attention.

I think this is coin is quite cool in the terms of the community aspect:

http://podcoin.org/
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
March 02, 2014, 03:25:26 PM
Do you have a list of the coins you created by chance? Are any of them successful?
March 01, 2014, 03:05:22 PM
We just provide the service. It's up to the individuals what they will do with the cryptocurrencies. All in all it is quite easy to find out whether a coin is premined or not.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
February 28, 2014, 07:04:44 PM
Scam is going to overwhelm the crypto world
what u angling at here scam coins or scam coin creation?Huh as if someones going to do a scam coin they WOULD NOT use this service as u gotta pay for the coin to be created and therfore would release a fully working coin. scammers go iv got a coin (its a dollar iv borrowed to buy internet at the cafe) please help me with ipo! the scammers have not got a coin to even contemplate let alone implement so......... the scammers who?
February 26, 2014, 10:07:40 AM
150 created coins!
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 11:26:35 AM
Scam is going to overwhelm the crypto world
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
February 25, 2014, 11:00:34 AM
Lol, that's kinda fun
February 25, 2014, 08:13:08 AM
Need logo for your new Altcoin? Visit:
http://www.bitpla.net/p/photo-gallery-by-quickgallery.html
February 25, 2014, 07:56:36 AM
Cheers!
February 24, 2014, 10:24:22 AM
Well, our long term plan is to include all kinds of cryptocurrency forks to be created. PeerCoin, VertCoin, Dogecoin, QuarkCoin, PrimeCoin.. you name it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 23, 2014, 11:25:27 PM
If you accepted alternate currency (like Karma Coin or Quark), I'd be more interested in paying for it.
February 23, 2014, 10:13:00 PM
Scrypt option added!

http://coincreator.net

Create your own altcoins based on the scrypt algorithm.

Follow us on twitter @coincreatorteam https://twitter.com/coincreatorteam
Pages:
Jump to: