Pages:
Author

Topic: Effect of amazon fire ? - page 2. (Read 524 times)

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
September 07, 2019, 08:22:49 AM

Rotten bogs may turn into a natural fertilizer in very few days of time.

No they don't, and they are about the only terrestrial environment which does not.  They turn into coal beds and sequester carbon under the surface of the earth for millions of years.

Fired wood will turn into the coal beds but the rotten wood will not turn into coal bed as far as I know.

https://www.dkfindout.com/us/animals-and-nature/habitats-and-ecosystems/rotting-log/

Which will turn into a place for million tiny organisms and also stops soil erosion.

Forests don't form coal beds.  You should be able to verify this by simply going for a walk.  Peat bogs and swamps do.  The bio-accumulation overloads the ability of insects, fungi, and microbes to break down the hydrocarbons and turn them back into CO2.

Living roots are the primary method by which erosion is hampered.  Cutting down a forest can cause big problems with erosion in some environments.  Of course in other environments large tree roots force apart rocks so it's a mixed bag.

But generally one of the only real problems with timber harvest (and forest fires) has to do with silting of streams and in some cases landslides for a relatively brief period following the harvest.  Another problem is increased solar radiation on streams which can increase the water temperature.  In places where there is responsible harvest practices a buffer zone is left.

In places where the 'watermelons' have gained power these 'buffer zones' are expanded to ridiculous levels.  That's a social issue related to some people's political feelings about ownership of private property.  Has nothing to do with science or protection of the environment (even if the 'useful idiots' think it does.)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
September 07, 2019, 08:06:29 AM

No they don't, and they are about the only terrestrial environment which does not.  They turn into coal beds and sequester carbon under the surface of the earth for millions of years.

Fired wood will turn into the coal beds but the rotten wood will not turn into coal bed as far as I know.

https://www.dkfindout.com/us/animals-and-nature/habitats-and-ecosystems/rotting-log/

Which will turn into a place for million tiny organisms and also stops soil erosion.
legendary
September 07, 2019, 05:48:15 AM

September 07, 2019, 04:39:23 AM
If the forests burnt down, a new one would start forming within days.  Basically, provided that there is water and something resembling soil, all available solar radiation is intercepted by some plant and that process off-gasses oxygen.

It may starts to recreate in weeks but how many years needed for the plant to get grow as a tree,it will take atleast two decades for small trees and few centuries to get into a big tree.

So what?  You get 50 trees where before there was one.  The smaller trees die off as the forest grows.

You probably were conditioned to believe without thinking about it much that only evil humans and their chainsaws and fires ever killed a tree, huh?

So you are justifying that cutting the trees for our modern and useless furniture which takes years to grow is correct.If the trees die themselves then its the system but when we cut it means it something done for our purpose.

'Modern' furniture is typically made of plastic.  Hominids have been using trees for furniture since about the time of Homo Habilis at least.  That's a few million years ago for you scientific illiterates.

As for 'useless' furniture, I assume you sit your ass on something while you type nonsense on a keyboard.  Even if it is a chair provided by the government in a public library, it's still made of something.  Making furniture out of wood the old fashioned way provides a lot more jobs than using a robotically controlled extruder.

Indeed, if you want to 'sequester carbon', you want to harvest wood and use it for buildings and furniture because otherwise it lays on the forest floor, rots, and puts CO2 back into the atmosphere.  Actually what you want are peat bogs since just about every other land-based ecosystem (including the Amazon) are basically carbon neutral (which also means their are effectively oxygen neutral).  But this is vastly beyond the intellectual capability of indoctrinated human-hating drones who regurgitate this kind of tripe.

Anyone here agrees that all the modern furniture were not made of wood,its from plastics?

I am having most in woods so I am old fashioned?

legendary
September 07, 2019, 04:34:54 AM
If the forests burnt down, a new one would start forming within days.  Basically, provided that there is water and something resembling soil, all available solar radiation is intercepted by some plant and that process off-gasses oxygen.

It may starts to recreate in weeks but how many years needed for the plant to get grow as a tree,it will take atleast two decades for small trees and few centuries to get into a big tree.

So what?  You get 50 trees where before there was one.  The smaller trees die off as the forest grows.

You probably were conditioned to believe without thinking about it much that only evil humans and their chainsaws and fires ever killed a tree, huh?

So you are justifying that cutting the trees for our modern and useless furniture which takes years to grow is correct.If the trees die themselves then its the system but when we cut it means it something done for our purpose.

'Modern' furniture is typically made of plastic.  Hominids have been using trees for furniture since about the time of Homo Habilis at least.  That's a few million years ago for you scientific illiterates.

As for 'useless' furniture, I assume you sit your ass on something while you type nonsense on a keyboard.  Even if it is a chair provided by the government in a public library, it's still made of something.  Making furniture out of wood the old fashioned way provides a lot more jobs than using a robotically controlled extruder.

Indeed, if you want to 'sequester carbon', you want to harvest wood and use it for buildings and furniture because otherwise it lays on the forest floor, rots, and puts CO2 back into the atmosphere.  Actually what you want are peat bogs since just about every other land-based ecosystem (including the Amazon) are basically carbon neutral (which also means their are effectively oxygen neutral).  But this is vastly beyond the intellectual capability of indoctrinated human-hating drones who regurgitate this kind of tripe.

September 07, 2019, 03:22:41 AM

legendary
September 07, 2019, 02:27:15 AM

September 07, 2019, 01:43:28 AM
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
September 06, 2019, 10:31:49 PM
When someone talks about the destruction of the Amazon, all I hear is this song from way back when:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejorQVy3m8E
legendary
September 06, 2019, 09:53:34 PM

The scare tactic about '20% of the oxygen' is beyond ridiculous.  It relies both on nearly complete ignorance among the peeps of basic science and a near total blindness to the natural world.

Now if one covers an area in solar panels then the solar energy does not result in photosynthesis (the process by which CO2 converts to O2.)

If somehow the 'whole Amazon' burnt, or even significant portions of it, it would actually create some notable impacts on the environment from soil erosion and the like and some of these would suck.  Further, it would be a genuine disaster for ecology generally and certain rare species.  Fortunately the current crisis has all the markings of being nearly 100% hoax.  All I need to see is the list of celebrities put forward by the Globalists in order to smell that rat.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 06, 2019, 06:29:32 PM
The Amazon fires have been dying down for a long time.

Data on Amazon Rainforest Fires Tell a Much Different Story Than Social Media

"Our House Is on Fire"

It is hard to miss the news reports on the fire in the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. Millions of people are calling for immediate action on social media and, with a limited amount of prior knowledge, there is little surprise that much of what is being reported is inaccurate.

A wide array of celebrities have drawn attention to the problem, mostly through tweets, ranging from superstar sportspeople to famous actors. When asked what Madonna, Christiano Ronaldo, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Emmanuel Macron have in common, you're probably expecting a funny joke. In fact, all of these people have shared pictures about the fires online that were proven to be much older. In the case of the French president, the photograph he posted was taken by a photographer who died in 2003, making it at least 16 years old.

Cool
Activity: 994
Merit: 302
September 04, 2019, 01:46:59 PM
What will happen if whole amazon forest get burn

I read some articles recently that the whole thing was portrayed per-dramatically and that this year's fires do not deviate significantly from the perennial average (10 years) and that Amazonia produces not 20 but only 6 percent of the earth's oxygen etc.
Of course, it's still a disaster, but not the cataclysm as some try to prove without concrete or true facts.
I don't think that whole Amazon may disappear but it will happen, we will still survive, don't worry Smiley
The temperature will probably increase and the sea level will increase, but it will happen anyway and is happening right now.

I don't know bout the oxygen levels but it's definitely a disaster for biodiversity. There could be species that would die before being discovered.

And I'm not talking about this purely from a conservation viewpoint. We could learn a lot from some species that might be discovered, like medicines etc.

But most people don't care if any of those rare species go extinct because it has virtually no effect on our lives.  Capitalism isn't about conserving the environment, it is about extracting as much as you can to make big profits.

More like human greed and how well a government can implement laws. People will want more and given the chance will act on it. "Conservation" rarely cross the average person's mind unless they've been made to understand the value of the environment from a very young age or they see an immediate benefit to them (like fishermen turned tourist guides that used to kill and eat whale sharks).

Which is why I believe this started from farmers clearing more land by doing slash-and-burn. A similar fire has happened in Sabah years ago with the resulting smog getting into neighboring countries.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 03, 2019, 05:20:35 AM
The president of France try to help the Brazilian president,but the Brazilian president sow it as a kind political scheme to put him to sham ,calling the French president,a colonialists,but I believe he should take the help

Farmers in Brazil and other countries withing the Amazon should stop burning land before planting,also it destroy the nutrients in the soil

I believe charity organization should step in in funding how to keep the Amazon safe from disaster
Activity: 49
September 03, 2019, 04:27:43 AM
Yeah, there is lot of effect on our nature. Birds and animal. Trees our essential for our society as well as nature and animals. So there is need to work on jungle fire..
September 03, 2019, 03:31:25 AM
The recent burning of the Amazon might cause a lot of damage to the Amazon, because that is where 20%of the world oxygen is coming from and farming are burning  trees because of farming and the government are not looking into it to prevent it from burning g but I believe with the next step taken by the Brazilian president,is will be resolved soon
Read before posting,already peole talking that 20% is just a fake number and killing amazon won't affect the humans.
Activity: 14
September 03, 2019, 03:13:25 AM
The recent burning of the Amazon might cause a lot of damage to the Amazon, because that is where 20%of the world oxygen is coming from and farming are burning  trees because of farming and the government are not looking into it to prevent it from burning g but I believe with the next step taken by the Brazilian president,is will be resolved soon
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
September 02, 2019, 11:27:29 PM
if amazon burns down it's like a big disaster for the earth and its other living things. 20% of the oxygen on earth today comes from Amazon forests. The burning of amazon at this time can not be overcome as a whole, this really makes a concern. I hope this will be resolved quickly.

And just to add on that, the fact that Amazon is home for a lot of species.
It is a place for animals where they can find food, water and a place to populate their species. If Amazon is destroyed then all those animals will lose their home and probably they are going to die from hunger.

again, the news about amazon producing 20% of world's oxygen is highly exaggerated and the oxygen amazon forest produce barely leaves amazon forest since
the oxygen mostly used up by the native species living there. the sad part I see is that thousand of species is dying because amazon forest is burning out and also the
misinformation people spread creating unnecessary panic to everyone.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
September 02, 2019, 01:08:40 PM
if amazon burns down it's like a big disaster for the earth and its other living things. 20% of the oxygen on earth today comes from Amazon forests. The burning of amazon at this time can not be overcome as a whole, this really makes a concern. I hope this will be resolved quickly.

And just to add on that, the fact that Amazon is home for a lot of species.
It is a place for animals where they can find food, water and a place to populate their species. If Amazon is destroyed then all those animals will lose their home and probably they are going to die from hunger.
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
Crypto ✪ Enthusiast
September 02, 2019, 09:09:48 AM
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
September 02, 2019, 09:02:12 AM
What will happen if whole amazon forest get burn

I read some articles recently that the whole thing was portrayed per-dramatically and that this year's fires do not deviate significantly from the perennial average (10 years) and that Amazonia produces not 20 but only 6 percent of the earth's oxygen etc.
Of course, it's still a disaster, but not the cataclysm as some try to prove without concrete or true facts.
I don't think that whole Amazon may disappear but it will happen, we will still survive, don't worry Smiley
The temperature will probably increase and the sea level will increase, but it will happen anyway and is happening right now.

I don't know bout the oxygen levels but it's definitely a disaster for biodiversity. There could be species that would die before being discovered.

And I'm not talking about this purely from a conservation viewpoint. We could learn a lot from some species that might be discovered, like medicines etc.

But most people don't care if any of those rare species go extinct because it has virtually no effect on our lives.  Capitalism isn't about conserving the environment, it is about extracting as much as you can to make big profits.
Pages:
Jump to: