Pages:
Author

Topic: Electric cigarettes - page 9. (Read 4707 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
November 25, 2015, 03:21:20 AM
There is still to much unknown about e-cigs.  This unknown factor is what is going to hurt people in the long run and because of this, sooner or later they will be suing over the damages caused to your body because of it.  Just my opinion.
Base from what I've read somewhere some initial findings suggest that e-cigs can really do cause serious potential health problem like cancer.
Enough already. This is starting to become worse than people saying "bacon causes cancer". What you read is irrelevant (unless you post the sources); the chances of it being proper research are slim to none (as rarely anyone ever does). You do realize that nobody ever claimed that they do not cause cancer? When they say 95% healthier than cigarettes, they aren't implying there are no long term effect nor that it does't cause cancer. Regardless, they are safe enough or at least better than cigarettes. People who have not switched over or have switched over with low quality gear should not talking at all. I remember the days of coughing up so much tar, while some say they're worse.  Roll Eyes

According to an independent study it contain cancer causing agents.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/05/the-poison-in-your-e-cigarettes.html

http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/whats-new/whatsnew-2015/225-ceh

OP, buy yourself a nice mod like the Subox Mini.  60 bucks for all you need to start except juice.  Most of the people above that didn't like vaping probably had some cheap gear. There will be a detox period from the nasty stuff in cigs, but after that you should feel much better Wink

Healthwise we don't have long term info on the effects.  However, it's hard to be worse than cigarettes.

Use low nic juice or make it a point to go outside and increasing addiction won't be much of an issue.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
November 25, 2015, 03:15:07 AM
There is still to much unknown about e-cigs.  This unknown factor is what is going to hurt people in the long run and because of this, sooner or later they will be suing over the damages caused to your body because of it.  Just my opinion.
Base from what I've read somewhere some initial findings suggest that e-cigs can really do cause serious potential health problem like cancer.
Enough already. This is starting to become worse than people saying "bacon causes cancer". What you read is irrelevant (unless you post the sources); the chances of it being proper research are slim to none (as rarely anyone ever does). You do realize that nobody ever claimed that they do not cause cancer? When they say 95% healthier than cigarettes, they aren't implying there are no long term effect nor that it does't cause cancer. Regardless, they are safe enough or at least better than cigarettes. People who have not switched over or have switched over with low quality gear should not talking at all. I remember the days of coughing up so much tar, while some say they're worse.  Roll Eyes

According to an independent study it contain cancer causing agents.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/05/the-poison-in-your-e-cigarettes.html

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 25, 2015, 02:54:21 AM

i actually have never done electric cigarettes so i dont know the difference
Then why are you posting?
Activity: 203
November 25, 2015, 01:58:11 AM
There is still to much unknown about e-cigs.  This unknown factor is what is going to hurt people in the long run and because of this, sooner or later they will be suing over the damages caused to your body because of it.  Just my opinion.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 24, 2015, 07:57:46 PM
There is still to much unknown about e-cigs.  This unknown factor is what is going to hurt people in the long run and because of this, sooner or later they will be suing over the damages caused to your body because of it.  Just my opinion.
legendary
Terminated.
November 24, 2015, 05:43:36 PM
lol I don't mind being proven wrong, I have to say though I'm still suspicious though because I'd need to know about the links these guys have to any tobacco companies and which government officials are looking at this before I 99% believe it, when I see people pushing for something so heavily I'm often very skeptical about it.
Nobody is "really" pushing for this. Actually there were a lot of "studies" saying that it might even be worse than cigarettes which is completely wrong. Such companies were either using low grade vaping equipment or low quality liquids (don't buy things from unknown companies). Tobacco companies can't really increase their profits if smokers switch to this because the costs are lower in comparison to smoking. A person that bought a pack each day should have no problem with using only 5ml (or two) of liquid bi-weekly. In other words $4 (let's say this is the price, can be higher or lower depending where one lives) x 14 = 56$ in comparison to $5 (which is how much 5ml usually costs).
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 24, 2015, 05:29:59 PM
Not smoking is generally your safest bet to staying healthy anyway, putting any kind of shit inside your lungs is bad for you, people can get high off glue, which is why I'm not completely convinced.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
November 24, 2015, 05:29:15 PM
i actually have never done electric cigarettes so i dont know the difference
legendary
November 24, 2015, 05:28:29 PM
lol I don't mind being proven wrong, I have to say though I'm still suspicious though because I'd need to know about the links these guys have to any tobacco companies and which government officials are looking at this before I 99% believe it, when I see people pushing for something so heavily I'm often very skeptical about it.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
November 24, 2015, 04:15:25 PM
....Wow.

Well, I applaud Lauda on actually taking a look at research and not just spewing out the crap he/she saw on a FB post once, or developing an opinion based on ill-conceived preconceptions. 

Electronic cigarettes work for some, and not for others... But to say that e-cigarettes are "just as bad" as cigarettes should immediately cue you not to listen to those particular individuals as they have no idea what they are talking about.
legendary
Terminated.
November 24, 2015, 04:04:43 PM
It's just another load of bullshit that the tabacco companies are trying to sell people..
Incorrect. Unless you think that every study as this one is fake. I'm not exactly sure how this would make sense to them either, because their profits would go down?
legendary
November 24, 2015, 04:03:05 PM
It's just another load of bullshit that the tabacco companies are trying to sell people, I think electronic cigarettes are at least more polite because they don't put out the same awful stink everywhere like normal cigarettes do but health wise they are just as bad as normal cigarettes.

The only way to get healthy is to get off them entirely, just face it, I do have a lot of respect for people who use e-cigerattes instead though because like I said, better for everybody else.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
November 24, 2015, 03:14:06 PM
just fresher than the old cigarettes
legendary
Terminated.
November 24, 2015, 02:54:33 PM
dont think will hep anyhow.
If u like to smoke smoke real thing, this electronic "things" are evil. I dont know how people can even smoke this things, its just crazy.
I think its not really help about our health.. and it can cause canser..
no it will not
i even hear and read in some cases some people got more addicted to nicotine after puffing that electric smokepole some time, because of reasons..
like it doesn't smell "bad" as regular smokepoling you can puff moar and stuff..
Useless post farming. Ignore them.

-snip-
Moving from one smoke to an electrical version of that smoke, even if it lacks most of the harmful chemicals, is not any better for your habit.
It is not? The day that I bought my vaping kit I stopped smoking. I'm reducing my nicotine dosage slowly to 0 mg. Once I am at 0mg, what is your point exactly?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
November 24, 2015, 02:28:31 PM
I think its not really help about our health.. and it can cause canser..
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 24, 2015, 01:55:12 PM
If u like to smoke smoke real thing, this electronic "things" are evil. I dont know how people can even smoke this things, its just crazy.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
November 24, 2015, 01:48:28 PM
Do they really helped you to quit cigarettes

I'm smoking about 2 years, its not too much but now I'm starting to worry about cancer it can cause. But every morning I woke up and thinking to light one so I did it. And I'm thinking to switch to electric cigarettes.
So I'm asking if there is anyone with experience, can tell me are they really helping to quit smoking and are they more or less healthy.
Thanks
I tried it back than when I was still smoking, but I quit e-cigarettes quite fast as I haven't enjoyed it at all.
I had exactly the same worries about my health and cancer that I quit cold turkey, it still needed a few tries but know I'm smoke free for almost one year and it feels great.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 251
November 24, 2015, 01:42:02 PM
no it will not
i even hear and read in some cases some people got more addicted to nicotine after puffing that electric smokepole some time, because of reasons..
like it doesn't smell "bad" as regular smokepoling you can puff moar and stuff..

see it as regular gas and unleaded gas.
goverment and their scientists prommised us we would polute less with unleaded, what happened?
feeling less guilty about driving and poluting around and started to drive and buy cars even more.
i don't know about other countries, but here it did.
Activity: 182
Hello there!
November 24, 2015, 01:32:43 PM
Well, addiction is a touchy subject.
For everyone, addiction is a variable. It can be serious or light, to each his own.
The 90% effective method is to reduce to number of cigarrettes per day, as someone already said above.
Moving from one smoke to an electrical version of that smoke, even if it lacks most of the harmful chemicals, is not any better for your habit.
legendary
Terminated.
November 24, 2015, 08:27:37 AM
-snipped due to idiocy and nonsense-
This is all wrong and propaganda spread by some media. Everything you have written is completely wrong. To summarize correct information:

1) Vaping helps quit completely or switch to vaping;
2) Vaping is 95% healthier than smoking;
3) Vaping does not make you more addicted, you can buy 0mg nicotine flavors;
4) Vaping is cheaper than smoking (you can easily vape each day for 2 weeks with a 5ml bottle (5$), unless you're a heavy smoker).
Pages:
Jump to: