Pages:
Author

Topic: Electricity! How its killing me? What to do for power!? - page 3. (Read 3038 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
Undervolt the GPU may make it unstable?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I do think the previous poster stated solar panels.
With a limited income, it is an expensive purchase, but an investment that in the right environment pays off.

With a lot of sun comes great benefits with solar panels. Some solar panels companies here in Europe (maybe the same is true in CA) will even give you the panels for free, install it for free, but they keep all the "profits" after usage.
You just get the reward of never having a electricity bill ever again. It's worth it if you don't want to worry about the investment factor.

There is also wind turbines, but I don't know as much as those.

One thing to consider though is if you can save money by using less electricity.
Undervolting in the right place I've seen really powerful GPU's drop to half their normal usage by massively lowering the voltage going to the memory and obviously declocking the memory aswell. Not like you need it for Mining anyway.

Do abit of Google searching and i'm sure with the above information you can find something that works out for you.

Thanks for the help! Do you have a rig that you would like to share some info on?

Thanks!
Activity: 476
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
I do think the previous poster stated solar panels.
With a limited income, it is an expensive purchase, but an investment that in the right environment pays off.

With a lot of sun comes great benefits with solar panels. Some solar panels companies here in Europe (maybe the same is true in CA) will even give you the panels for free, install it for free, but they keep all the "profits" after usage.
You just get the reward of never having a electricity bill ever again. It's worth it if you don't want to worry about the investment factor.

There is also wind turbines, but I don't know as much as those.

One thing to consider though is if you can save money by using less electricity.
Undervolting in the right place I've seen really powerful GPU's drop to half their normal usage by massively lowering the voltage going to the memory and obviously declocking the memory aswell. Not like you need it for Mining anyway.

Do abit of Google searching and i'm sure with the above information you can find something that works out for you.
....................................................Solar...................... ........................

What do you recommend to power a 1000W system without blowing my pocket?

Please let me know
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
....................................................Solar...................... ........................
Hi, I am interested in finding alternative sources for electricity to run my 1000W rig. I only make 180$ a month, but have to pay close to 100$ just for electricity.

Please enlighten me with any alternatives for power.

Thanks
-Nick
Pages:
Jump to: