Pages:
Author

Topic: Electronic Money vs. Physical Money - page 46. (Read 9504 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
October 21, 2017, 04:09:25 PM
Physical money exist for thousands of years and people used to live with that by generations. That's the reason why people don't understand digital money, money without physical form. How many years will need to people start to use and accept digital money, I don't know.
But now i think that withe the arrival of digital currency the use of fiat currency is decreasing. i am hopeful that very soon all the people of the world will replace fiat currency over digital currency. therefore i think it will  be a good decision to save more and more bitcoin as i expect that its value will increase more and more in near future.
Activity: 1432
Merit: 500
October 21, 2017, 04:05:52 PM
Upcoming days Bitcoin or any digital money will get more popular more than physical money, because of more country's accepting the bitcoin as a currency.
Activity: 130
Merit: 14
October 21, 2017, 03:53:06 PM
Cash is really dated( I'm not using physical money for a long time and still happy)) It's uncomfortable to pay with it and I think that elecronic money will displace cash soon.
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
October 21, 2017, 03:47:10 PM
Physical money exist for thousands of years and people used to live with that by generations. That's the reason why people don't understand digital money, money without physical form. How many years will need to people start to use and accept digital money, I don't know.
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
October 21, 2017, 03:44:52 PM
In my opinion both electronic money and physical money have advantage and disadvantage. In the case of electronic money it is easy to carry. It can use by your debit card, credit card, visa card etc. You can use it through your different online money transaction account like paytm, paypal etc. Electronic money is easy to transfer from one account to another. It has also some disadvantage like you can't use it all time like in case of demonetisation.in case of physics money you can use it a the time but it is difficult transfer and it could be easily stolen.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Catalog Websites
October 21, 2017, 03:36:01 PM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley

It's very easy to determine what's the difference of e-money / digital money to physical money. We can simply hold those physical money literally because it's a real thing, paper money itself. Don't be confused with the existence of bitcoin, our technology is upgrading continually so that's the reason why we have bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies too. This will help us to transact without using any cash involved. And we can send it to someone that needs our bitcoin easily with lesser fees.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
October 21, 2017, 03:35:50 PM
Actually it's totally different,
even though its name was Cryptocurrency,we can not compare it to actual money aka Fiat.
if we want it to be considered as a 'real currency' we should have a physical form.
right now the best word to describe it is 'Electronic Payment' not 'Electronic Money'.
'Electronic payment' was a tool for people to help them send their money across the world,
it's just a tool and will never replace the real 'money' itself.

This guy is not a bitcoin supporter.

This guy knows cery little about bitcoin.

Bitcoin is real because people sgree it is real (same is true for any currency). Bitcoin has a physical version.

This guy doesn't understand the definition of money.

Don't listen to this guy.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
October 21, 2017, 03:29:02 PM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley
Hello author! Hello all people on this awesome forum! You know I love all the new technology but I need to say! I am lover of freedom and respect all the opinions and points of view! On my opinion every person must have right to choose in which currency he need to make transactions in fiat or make transactions  only in cryptocurrency or use both or don't use anything!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
October 21, 2017, 03:25:46 PM
In fact we are using electronic money every day when we're paying with a credit/debit card.
The main difference between fiat and electronic fiat is that one does exist and you actually own it while the other is like a voucher, the bank says you have it but if it experiences some difficulty you won't be able to access it. It's possible for them to never allow you to withdraw. That's what happened in Cyprus a couple years ago.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.
October 21, 2017, 03:01:27 PM
If we talking about physical money and bitcoin means crpyto money then everybody know that bitcoin is much power it has changed the life of people therefore now a days people prefer bitcoin instead physical money. The reason is that physical money is stuck on the place while crpyto price is increasing because everyone freely to invest.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
October 21, 2017, 02:49:09 PM
The fact is that Electronic Money vs. Physical Money both are completely different.Electronic Money All Time can not be used.But physical money use all time all place.But it is very easy to carry Electronic money than Physical money.Now Electronic money is more secure than physical money. Like Bitcoin is very safe. Smiley
Activity: 134
Merit: 147
October 21, 2017, 02:41:18 PM
The only downside currently for electronic based currencies is that it requires internet access to transfer the funds.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
October 21, 2017, 02:40:26 PM
its not that bitcoin is electronic and fiat is physical, in fact most of our money today in fiat isnt made of paper, its all digital and stored as numbers; i believe the actual number was over 90% iirc (as digital). fact is, bitcoin is inherently different from fiat money; cryptography, decentralization, and the inherent need for cybersecurity to name a few. in addition, bitcoin is not backed by anything; the united states treasury was backed by gold at one point (though not anymore), but bitcoin, as an inherently digital asset, cannot be deemed to be worth anything of equal value in the real world except by what its value relative to a currency is determined to be.
Activity: 203
Merit: 101
October 21, 2017, 02:14:13 PM
Both very different tbh. Our physical money is based on the gold standard while crypto is based on demand and some other factors. in order for countries to adopt crypto, they have to figure out what to do with gold. It's still a rare metal tbh.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 21, 2017, 02:09:09 PM
There's a lot of distinct differences that could be drawn between the two.

1. Fiat can be created from thin air; cryptocurrencies has a set amount of coins to be mined/acquired.
2. Inflationary (fiat) vs Deflationary (cryptocurrency)
3. Region-restricted purchases (fiat); shopping with no borders (cryptocurrency)
4. Requires an intermediary to store money (fiat); you're your own bank (crypto)

These are some of the things that differ crypto from fiat. There's a lot more aside from those things but that's just what I thought off the top of my head.

Nice said. But on important fact for me is the point number 1. A lot of bad things happens when you print money and this creates inflation and everyone is doomed. With crypto you have to mine to create more and with the invention of blockchain you can watch what "they" are doing. If a Government creates a crypto-coin you will be able to detect easily if they are creating more and if they needed more (the initial setup is a fixed number of coins) they have to update the blockchain (create a hardfork). So more control and transparency for all.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
October 21, 2017, 01:58:58 PM

Im assuming by physical money you mean specie and fiat. Cryptos arent the only "digital monies" in existence; there were centralized options without a block chain in play long before blockchains were even a thing. Consider PayPal, Obolpay and even E Gold (it died a very bad and protracted death). E monies require electricity,as per the name. For the convenience they provide, it is completely overshadowed by the fact that electricity just isnt everywhere. I want to be able to buy with no restrictions. Having to be connected, or powered is a hell of a restriction Wink
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
October 21, 2017, 01:51:41 PM
I'm prefer electronic currency. we just need smartphone for transaction and easy to use but don't forget electronic currency have a bad thing when you are far away from the signal range and no atm in there it will difficulty for transaction.
Yes people trend is now turning toward electronic money. in fact  in modern time the importance of electronic money is increasing from time to time. It is more easy to use electronic money as compare to physical money, you can even use it while setting at your home and no need visit a offline shope for shopping.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
October 21, 2017, 01:46:20 PM
Bitcoin which we call the electronic money is totally virtual stored in digital wallets. Physical money is totally different from it.
Physical money can be generated more but cryptocurrency is limited. It cannot be generated more. What we have at present will remain the same. And it can be only transferred from one account to other. We cannot hold it. And I think electronic money is more safer and easy to use nowadays.
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
October 21, 2017, 01:34:04 PM
Actually it's totally different,
even though its name was Cryptocurrency,we can not compare it to actual money aka Fiat.
if we want it to be considered as a 'real currency' we should have a physical form.
right now the best word to describe it is 'Electronic Payment' not 'Electronic Money'.
'Electronic payment' was a tool for people to help them send their money across the world,
it's just a tool and will never replace the real 'money' itself.

It's not different it's the same thing. Please stop using the phrase"real money". Are you saying bitcoin is not real? What exactly are you trying to say because money is just something of value that someone wants to use because it's easier then trading directly for what you want so you keep something of common value instead. It doesn't matter what it is it is irrelevant in what form it comes. You should understand this by now friend.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
October 21, 2017, 01:22:10 PM
Electronic or digital money is not always synonymous to cryptocurrencies - in fact, most of the fiat money in circulation has no physical form.
It is unwise to think that there is paper money, cash and then every other form of currency which can be transferred digitally can be called 'electronic money'.
Cryptocurrency is a new breed of the money, evolved decentralized, sovereign. BTC or other cryptos have little in common in 'digital' fiat money people store on their bank accounts.
Pages:
Jump to: