Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum 2.0 release - page 3. (Read 11349 times)

Activity: 408
Merit: 250
March 12, 2015, 05:44:33 PM
Hi,

I keep getting this message "Timed out while waiting for the magic character" after trying to send out BTC with Electrum 2.0. Yes, I did enter the right passhprase/PIN and fee amount.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sounds like your connection to the Electrum server had a problem. Try closing and relaunching Electrum (or going to the Network options page and manually selecting a different server).

(I am not an Electrum developer)

Googling the error message shows that it is related to Trezor.

Ok. Mytrezor.com seems to be flawless and Trezor works great there. Perhaps it's the Trezor plug-in component for Electrum? The version I got was from the Electrum github and it seems to include Trezor support so not sure who actually developed that component. Where would it be the best place to report this?

(Edit: BTW, I found something else that might be an actual Electrum issue with 2.0 version --> I was able to hit Broadcast button twice (because I thought I hadn't clicked my mouse strong enough). There was no UI feedback at all the first time so then I just clicked on "Close" button afterwards only to find out that there were two tiny "Please wait..broadcasting" windows hidden in the background. So it seems that the wallet is not graying out/blocking duplicate broadcasting attempts correctly and secondly, the windows were very very tiny so I barely realized they were stacking up on top of each other...

I think this happened in the midst of an Internet connectivity issue I had....Hope this helps troubleshoot this additional issue I found).
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
March 12, 2015, 03:00:19 PM
Hi,

I keep getting this message "Timed out while waiting for the magic character" after trying to send out BTC with Electrum 2.0. Yes, I did enter the right passhprase/PIN and fee amount.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sounds like your connection to the Electrum server had a problem. Try closing and relaunching Electrum (or going to the Network options page and manually selecting a different server).

Googling the error message shows that it is related to Trezor.
March 12, 2015, 02:42:07 PM
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thanks.
This version seems to remain viciously buggy though:

I didn't notice any server connectivity. It was showing as in sync and there didn't seem to be any apparent time out. It actually immediately popped after entering my PIN and all the inputs needed in the Send tab...

In fact, changing the server and restarting didn't make any difference at all. If I tried to send again, it'd show either this:

", expected (,)"

Or this other error:

"Tag had invalid wire type"

Or this:

"Unexpected end-group tag"

None minimally user friendly or at least a bit more explanatory.  

Now my Bitcoin is stuck...  :-/
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Out of crypto entirely and don't miss it
March 12, 2015, 08:27:37 AM
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks,

March 12, 2015, 03:49:26 AM
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks,
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
March 11, 2015, 11:52:17 AM
Will it have to wait until a 3.0 release or a 2.1 release?
I don't know, sorry.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
March 10, 2015, 05:50:36 PM
onealfa, HW-1 (and thus Ledger and BTCHIP) didn't make it into this release. You will have to build from source to get support for them.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
March 10, 2015, 05:38:48 PM
Anywhere is explained in detail, how to use electrum 2.0 now with LEDGER WALLET (based on  BTCHIP)?

Also could not start  GREENBITs with LEDGER WALLET   either ( as was announced)
Any1 had a better luck?
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
March 09, 2015, 06:02:07 PM
is there a changelog?

what's new w/ 2.0.2? just updated.

The release notes are included in the downloads (and are in your install directory), or available online here: https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES

The two issues mentioned in the release notes for 2.0.2:
Activity: 476
March 09, 2015, 05:46:31 PM
is there a changelog?

what's new w/ 2.0.2? just updated.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
March 09, 2015, 01:22:09 PM
Just downloaded Electrum 2.0.2 from the official website and download was stopped by Avast reporting a trojan (Win32:GenMalicious-BQF[Trj]), see image below.

Anybody else had this?

http://screencast.com/t/YATAshhXJrO

I think a false positive. I am using with a Trezor so not much risk also since the private keys cannot be exported unless I am stupid and reveal my seed somehow. I scanned the Windows installer with Defender and it reported no viruses.
Activity: 336
March 09, 2015, 12:56:16 PM
Just downloaded Electrum 2.0.2 from the official website and download was stopped by Avast reporting a trojan (Win32:GenMalicious-BQF[Trj]), see image below.

Anybody else had this?

http://screencast.com/t/YATAshhXJrO
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
March 08, 2015, 05:35:53 AM
P.S.
I would be happy to help with any amodem issues.
Please use GitHub's issue tracker: https://github.com/romanz/amodem/issues
March 08, 2015, 04:47:32 AM
Hello, thank you for your time in developing this tool. I saw the thread in which you presented this a while ago. Your reward was well deserved Wink

On to business: Altough it errors out on the console, amodem seems to be working directly inside electrum. I haven't had much time to fiddle with it, but it does broadcast the transaction audio. It still gives me an error on the console though.

Besides this, have you tried your tool with a Raspberry Pi? If so, can you recomend anything for audio input? Maybe a specific external/USB soundcard?

Thanks in advance Smiley

Thanks for the good words Smiley

Regarding the console errors - could you please attach the error log?

I haven't tried running the modem on a RPi, but I guess that it would work with any ALSA-compatible audio USB card.
Acutally, it was exactly how I was testing it before switching to PortAudio (for better cross-platform support).
You can still use ALSA utils instead of PortAudio shared library, by using the following commands:

$ amodem send -i data.tx | aplay -f S16_LE -c 1 -r 32000
$ arecord -f S16_LE -c 1 -r 32000 | amodem recv -o data.rx

Since the RPi has much slower CPU than the average PC, it may not succeed handling the audio in real-time, so you may use a temporary file to buffer it.
You should also start with the lower bitrates, as they require less processing power.
March 08, 2015, 04:37:27 AM
Still no luck setting up amodem. Anyone tried it? What's the best frequency?

Hi unamis,

I recommend using the following commands to test and calibrate the modem:

At the sender side, run:
$ BITRATE=1 amodem-cli send -vv -c auto

At the receiver's side, run (after the sender is running):
$ BITRATE=1 amodem-cli recv -vv -c auto

The sender will play a 2kHz tone, at maximum amplitude.
The receiver will try to find the best gain, such that the received audio will have the maximal amplitude that won't saturate the microphone.
It uses binary search method to adjust the gain via PulseAudio command-line utility, and it will take ~15 seconds to find the correct value for your setup.
If everything is OK, you would get "good signal" message with the coherency measure very close to 1.

Please attach the log, if there is a problem.
Activity: 475
March 08, 2015, 01:49:50 AM
Running it fine on 10.10.2 BUT and it's a BIG but, I did not set up a password for my wallet but I cannot send any BTC from my wallet without getting prompted for a password.  Which I never set up so my BTC are in prison right now.

you just enter no password, I mean leave blank and enter. had to edit this because I could totally see someone typing in "no password"
Activity: 4
March 07, 2015, 11:46:13 PM
Running it fine on 10.10.2 BUT and it's a BIG but, I did not set up a password for my wallet but I cannot send any BTC from my wallet without getting prompted for a password.  Which I never set up so my BTC are in prison right now.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
decentralize EVERYTHING...
March 07, 2015, 09:18:06 PM
Anyone have any luck running this on Mac 10.10.2?

Seems to hang and can't access anything when the app opens.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2015, 05:20:31 AM
Seems like Electrum new version is a big update! I like it!  Grin

The new features are awesome.  Smiley
Q7
Activity: 448
March 07, 2015, 04:25:36 AM
Im having issues with Electrum Sync'ing up, and when i click the network button the client freezes, i am restarting my pc now and will report back if anything changes / fixes its self.

*edit - No change, stuck in sync mode, it looks like it is connecting to a server, and i base that off the fact that ive seen a few different messages in the console tab.

ive also tried using the "wallet.synchronize()" option as well, and that did not fix it.

I was having the same issue as well because basically i tried to do a clean installation by removing everything including the old version data file. I took me almost an hour to sync before its finally done and having to close and restart the program multiple times so that it will change to faster server. I believe it has to do with the number of transactions as basically mine is an active wallet having done more than 100 transactions. Just have to be patient then.
Pages:
Jump to: