Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum and Electron Cash, I need help - page 2. (Read 1975 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
August 04, 2017, 07:56:13 PM
I would actually still be very careful using electron cash. I saw one guy importing his private keys into electron cash and as soon the keys got imported the coins were send to addresses that weren't his. Electrum stated that the version isn't 100% stable yet so be cautious.
I would never import the private keys in Electron Cash while the Bitcoin are still in the same address, in this case I could only lose the Bitcoin Cash and nothing more, no?
Anyway my idea was to send immediately BCH to Kraken or some other exchange and delete that wallet, but the problem is how to get them...
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
August 04, 2017, 07:53:34 PM
I would actually still be very careful using electron cash. I saw one guy importing his private keys into electron cash and as soon the keys got imported the coins were send to addresses that weren't his. Electrum stated that the version isn't 100% stable yet so be cautious.
legendary
August 04, 2017, 07:31:27 PM
So guys, since at the moment I'm storing my BTC in Electrum, and on the same computer I've installed Electron Cash as well, what do you suggest to do? To send them back to Exodus (or in an exchange) in order to avoid any possible problem between Electrum and Electron Cash?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
August 04, 2017, 07:22:48 PM
Here is a snippet from https://electrum.org/bcc2.txt regarding on how to claim your bcc using Electron Cash.

1. Install Electron Cash on a machine that does not have your Electrum wallets.

2. Wait until the BCC hard fork has taken place, and a few BCC blocks  have been mined.

3. Move all your Electrum funds to a new Electrum wallet. This will move only your BTC, and not your BCC, because the BCC blockchain has replay protection. Wait until the transaction is confirmed.

4. Enter the seed of your (now empty) old wallet or private keys in Electron Cash. Since the BTC have been moved to a new wallet, entering your old seed in Electron Cash will not put your BTC funds at risk.

Following these 4 easy steps you will be able to access your BCC without compromising your BTC.

I have exodus wallet but I don't have btc in it. I hope someone can chime in and help you out with exodus wallet because I also want to know how to claim BCC using it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
August 04, 2017, 07:18:37 PM
To be honest I never used Exodus wallet before so I really do not know . But there was a thread here about Exodus wallet and BCC you will probably find the help you need on it .

Just make sure that your main BTC is safe before doing anything .
legendary
August 04, 2017, 07:09:53 PM
Unfortunately I have only one computer...

And what do you think about this post on Exodus website: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-do-i-claim-bitcoin-cash

Especially this:

Is it actually safe to do as they say or the private keys could be jeopardized in some way?
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
August 04, 2017, 07:07:24 PM
You should deal with caution from this point . installing electron cash on the  same system is not good from theymos instructions (Warning: some Bcash wallets are known to overwrite important files belonging to their Bitcoin counterparts.).

Now this is what I did .
- Moved all my BTC from my main wallet to totally new one .

- waited until I got more than 30 confirmations ( no need for that now I guess )

- Installed electron wallet on totally different computer  .

- Imported my address .

- sent them to an exchange and sold them ( optional )  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
August 04, 2017, 06:52:03 PM
Simple answer:

Don't install Electron Cash on the same system were Electrum is already installed. Otherwise it may mess up your Electrum installation.

For security reasons (Electron Cash binaries have been signed by an anonymous person) I would install Electron Cash on a separate system that does not contain any Bitcoin data.
legendary
August 04, 2017, 06:43:46 PM
Hi guys,

I need some clarification about those wallets, in order to get BCH.

I just downloaded for the first time Electron Cash, and it immediately asks a password, which I never set. Is that the same password of Electrum?

Because months ago I had my BTC in Electrum, later I moved everything to Exodus, but anyway I kept Electrum installed. Now I want to claim my BCH, and I read about exporting the private keys, but before exporting them it's better to empty the wallet for safety reasons, so I moved again my BTC from Exodus back to Electrum, in this way I could export Exodus' private keys without any risk for the BTC.

So now I don't want to mix Electrum and Electron Cash passwords or other stuff since I'm not sure if Cash wallet is 100% reliable, what should I do?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: