Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum Brain Wallet ? - page 2. (Read 360 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
March 29, 2019, 12:08:45 PM
Learn your seed by heart or store it somewhere safe, certainly not on places where people can retrieve it easily and take your funds. As reda said, 12-word mnemonic on electrum only appears when you create a new wallet, so it's highly important that you already save it the first time you see it.

One thing I do is list the 12 words in different pieces of paper and just place some kind of mark for their ordering. It worked for me the last time I deleted my wallet accidentally and helped me recover quite a handful of sum that may have been lost forever.
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
March 29, 2019, 11:54:24 AM
hello how do you guys generate deterministic electrum seed ?

or is there any way to learn your electrum seed ?

I am not sure whether you have gone through the FAQ shared by electrum site itself. First of all it is a random phrase which is shown at the time of adding the new wallet on Electrum. You must need to store the seed phrase and retype in the next shown window.

Here is the example one below

This phrase is useful for you when the time you forgot the password, private key or pin lock. Note that if you do not any of these then you cannot recover your wallet. So please keep it safe.

If you want to sweep the bitcoin from the other clients. then you need to follow these steps on the electrum wallet. Click wallet menu- then sweep and paste the copied private key in that place. Then click on the sweep button. Finally, click the send button.

Please read their latest FAQ page to learn more here.
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 29, 2019, 11:34:06 AM
hello how do you guys generate deterministic electrum seed ?

or is there any way to learn your electrum seed ?

What i am asking ?
1> Deterministic Wallet generation in electrum

What i am Not Asking !
1> how to secure my wallet
2> what is a seed
3> how seed works
4> where should i store my seed
Pages:
Jump to: