Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum problem - page 2. (Read 436 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 3
August 06, 2022, 02:00:44 AM
Okay just imported the addresses i found in block chain.
Coins are back.
Now it's read-only how send them to another adress?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
August 06, 2022, 01:00:28 AM
Since *you* deleted the address from the wallet and not the software itself, you should be able to restore it by creating a new wallet via "restoring the seed phrase".
August 05, 2022, 08:08:19 PM
You are having a watch-only wallet because you import the master public key or the addresses. To spend your coin, import your seed phrase or private key instead.
Sounds right.
However, i dont remember the adress...

how can i check?
You can see all your addresses in "Addresses" tab. (If you don't see "Addresses" tab, click on "View" and then select "Show addresses".

OP, it's still unclear how you created your wallet. The wallet can't become watch-only suddenly and it's impossible to create a watch-only wallet by importing a seed phrase.
And please answer the question asked by LoyceV, above. Did you generate the seed phrase by yourself?

i did not, just removed the wallet because i thought it useless...

Id did receive the seed an saved them, but when loaded its doesnt load my bct
Is the seed 12 to 24 words?

Or started from 1, 3 or bc1? These are bitcoin addresses and if you import it on Electrum, it will create you a watch-only wallet. You can not spend from watch-only wallet.

What character starts what you import on Electrum? Just the first character, not all. Or are they 12 to 24 words?
12 words and my adress begind with 1 (17KZyipZidggyoTfjdWG4QePxbKzdNEhLk)

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
August 05, 2022, 05:00:06 PM
how can i check?
You can see all your addresses in "Addresses" tab. (If you don't see "Addresses" tab, click on "View" and then select "Show addresses".

OP, it's still unclear how you created your wallet. The wallet can't become watch-only suddenly and it's impossible to create a watch-only wallet by importing a seed phrase.
And please answer the question asked by LoyceV, above. Did you generate the seed phrase by yourself?
August 05, 2022, 04:51:01 PM

Okay so you restored the wallet using the seed, and you still can't see the bitcoin you have. But can you see the address you used for receiving funds in your addresses tab? If not, then you must've imported it from somewhere else.

how can i check?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
August 05, 2022, 07:10:18 AM
It looks like we're missing part of the story here...
@OP, the usual (normal) workflow of creating and funding an electrum wallet should go like this:

• Download the wallet software from electrum.org
  • Verify the signature of the wallet software
  • starting the wallet software for the first time should take you into the wizard that allows you to create a new wallet automatically
  • in the wizard => chose a name for your new wallet
  • in the wizard => option "standard wallet" should be chosen in your case.. (at least, i don't think you have a hardware wallet, and 2FA costs money per transaction)
  • in the wizard => option "create a new seed"
  • in the wizard => you should have written down the seed on a sturdy piece of paper, defenatly not in the cloud
  • in the wizard => you should have confirmed your seed
  • in the wizard => you should have chosen a strong password
  • now your wallet should have opened

Can you confirm that this is what you did? If you deviated from this list, could you tell us what you did different?
A "normal" wallet can not become a "watch only wallet" just like that... And a watch only wallet cannot be converted into a normal wallet... Something must have happened...
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
August 05, 2022, 06:59:06 AM
So i bouht some bitcoin, an startet a wallen named wallet_1.
"wallet_1" is the default wallet name of the second wallet that you've created, perhaps that seed phrase is only for the first wallet "default_wallet".
The question is, where did "wallet_1" came from?

Then i noticed the wallet was read-only for some kind of reason so accidentally  deleted the adress....
An address can't be deleted even from an imported wallet.
And the only reason that a wallet is labeled "watching-only" is if it's created by importing address(es) or 'master public key'.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
August 05, 2022, 05:26:04 AM
Is the seed 12 to 24 words?

Or started from 1, 3 or bc1? These are bitcoin addresses and if you import it on Electrum, it will create you a watch-only wallet. You can not spend from watch-only wallet.

What character starts what you import on Electrum? Just the first character, not all. Or are they 12 to 24 words?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 05, 2022, 05:21:59 AM
It has received a total of 0.00670692 BTC ($154.98) and has sent a total of 0.00111431 BTC ($25.75).
Are you the one who sent this 1.11431 mBTC (last year)? I'm using the units Electrum uses.

Id did receive the seed an saved them
Did you receive the seed from someone else, or did you create it in Electrum by yourself?
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
August 05, 2022, 05:13:09 AM

Okay so you restored the wallet using the seed, and you still can't see the bitcoin you have. But can you see the address you used for receiving funds in your addresses tab? If not, then you must've imported it from somewhere else.
August 05, 2022, 05:09:43 AM
Did you create a standard wallet where you were given a seed, or did you just import your addresses from somewhere else? If the latter, then there's no way to retrieve your funds sadly, not from Electrum anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
August 05, 2022, 05:04:28 AM
You are having a watch-only wallet because you import the master public key or the addresses. To spend your coin, import your seed phrase or private key instead.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
August 05, 2022, 05:00:22 AM
Did you create a standard wallet where you were given a seed, or did you just import your addresses from somewhere else? If the latter, then there's no way to retrieve your funds sadly, not from Electrum anyway.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
August 05, 2022, 05:00:08 AM
It should not become a watch-only wallet without the user doing something to it.

How did you create the wallet? Do you remember having to type in your address into Electrum or were you given a 12 word phrase?
August 05, 2022, 04:58:26 AM
Hi people,

I am a verry big noob when it comes to bitcoin.
So i bouht some bitcoin, an startet a wallen named wallet_1.
Dropped al my coin to a specifi address on that wallet and worked, al my ballance was theren.
Then i noticed the wallet was read-only for some kind of reason so accidentally  deleted the adress....
Now what?

Blokchain says:

This address has transacted 5 times on the Bitcoin blockchain. It has received a total of 0.00670692 BTC ($154.98) and has sent a total of 0.00111431 BTC ($25.75). The current value of this address is 0.00559261 BTC ($129.23)

How can i retreive them?

Thanks in advance
Pages:
Jump to: