Pages:
Author

Topic: Elevator down and stairs up for BTC? - page 10. (Read 2192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
February 13, 2018, 09:10:40 AM
I loved Dec. but now the bear cycle came down on us so fast like an elevator. So what does that mean for the near future are we taking the slower stairs back up for BTC?

I'm glad we had double-digit growth couple days ago, but now it's like so slow and not just busting through $9-$10k.. what the heck BTC.

What are your thoughts, elevator down and stairs up or not?

The price is at its most fundamental decided by confidence in bitcoin. When confidence begins to fall it can evaporate almost instantaneously and in order for that confidence to return it takes time. But when people do start to regain confidence it will again increase at an exponential rate. Some time is just needed before people are confident again that the crash is over.
Elevator is concerned with the confidence, like you have said here. This is true, the reason is simple. Whenever people are getting profits from bitcoins, they start trusting it more and more for such exceptional profit ratios.

But when prices get down for any odd reason, they would be complaining and cursing bitcoins. So going up and down will definitely engage the confidence level of people in bitcoins accordingly.
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
February 09, 2018, 02:14:15 AM
Slow rise is best for sure as it shows organic growth more than hysteria which is what we want for Bitcoin. If you however, find yourself worried about BTC price a lot of the day it means a couple things

-you invested too much probably
-results orientated; focus on the tech not the results

Slow and steady wins the race and btc follows the fast pace every time it rises or it falls. Thus it is considered to be a highly or most volatile and considered to be most risky as you can make or loose your money quickly. Though it is better if the growth is stable and has a resistance at every level when it rises.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 09, 2018, 02:10:35 AM
For those starting out with BTC, this can be (or probably "is") a bothersome phase for them. However, the slow rise in BTC's value shows that there are some who still believe and are confident in it. Looking at past trends, this phase shouldn't be new to the community. BTC will eventually come to its normal pace, eventually.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
February 08, 2018, 06:14:41 PM
I prefer a slow climb for bitcoin but that doesn't matter since I can't control the price alone. We just have to deal with it and prepare ourselves for whatever happens with the price of bitcoin in the next following weeks or month.

I'm glad we had double-digit growth couple days ago, but now it's like so slow and not just busting through $9-$10k.. what the heck BTC.
At least the price isn't going down and is still sitting at $8,000 after hitting a lower point ($6,000+) few days ago.

not forever will go down continuously, the market will surely rise.
Yeah it won't, the only question is when will the price turn the other way around.
Activity: 162
Merit: 0
February 08, 2018, 04:52:07 PM
that I think it's natural, because every market there will always be ups and downs of prices, depending on how we want to respond.
not forever will go down continuously, the market will surely rise.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
February 08, 2018, 04:46:41 PM
We are obviously being manipulated by Wall Street. How can you know that? Because the charts are looking almost like they were taken from the books. We're getting retracements to the levels from the beginning of the bull run in November with a very high volume and now we're seeing a gradual comeback to the mean.
I read some reports 3-4 weeks ago made by experienced stock traders and they were saying that the wall street funds will be pushing for a correction because when they were allowed to play BTC was already going up for weeks. The chances of a correction were far greater than the chances of it continuing upwards after a 500% rise. Now the situation has turned and the Wall Street money is flowing back in.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
February 08, 2018, 04:25:45 PM
I think Bitcoin should be as stable as it can be. As it can solve my problems in the market and Bitcoin was not actually designed to be A trading asset, if we see the current price and the price of a year ago you can see the difference in the price. At that time Bitcoin was barely at $1,000 but now it has closed even $9000. I will say it is normal for Bitcoin to go up and down like this .imagine what people have felt when Bitcoin has dropped from $1,000 to $200 with the mtgox exchange crashed.

Very true this bear cycle was not the biggest in terms of % lost was, and that is the important part to remember that we have come back and thrived when worse odds were against us, especially now that the Cftc wants to help us prosper. Let's believe the SEC comes around to believe and be as optimistic.
Activity: 252
Merit: 103
February 08, 2018, 04:25:10 PM
It can be precisely said that bitcoin at the end of November last year had support of 7000 dollars. This means that it should not drop down much lower than this price. From the practice of the past years, it can be concluded that bitcoin in the late spring can again start a rapid rise. But before 2018  there have never been as many strokes from all sides on bitcoin. Bad news can significantly slow its growth.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
February 08, 2018, 04:14:54 PM
I think Bitcoin should be as stable as it can be. As it can solve my problems in the market and Bitcoin was not actually designed to be A trading asset, if we see the current price and the price of a year ago you can see the difference in the price. At that time Bitcoin was barely at $1,000 but now it has closed even $9000. I will say it is normal for Bitcoin to go up and down like this .imagine what people have felt when Bitcoin has dropped from $1,000 to $200 with the mtgox exchange crashed.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
February 08, 2018, 04:14:03 PM
I'd take the stairs of increases any day, because if an investment shoots rapidly without any solid reason behind it, then there's a possibility that its rise is artificial and would come to a bitter end. The recent rise of bitcoin to almost $20k a piece is mixed with FOMO and Wall street money; the former comprised of mostly uneducated investors and the latter being the knowledgeable ones in the game. The result is what's expected, a fast crash from the whales selling plus worried investors that bought on the peak that just wants to prevent further losses. While the crash hurt many people in the process, the good thing is we established a higher floor and a good baseline that we can take off once the next bullish move begins. The events are quite unusual for traditional penny stocks/tradable assets, but in the crypto world, crazy roller coasters are the new norm.
Activity: 63
Merit: 3
February 08, 2018, 03:57:25 PM
Wild price swings are common in markets that haven't fully matured yet and are still in their growth phase. If you compare the price of Bitcoin now to the price a few months ago, let alone a few years, we are still wildly profitable and on an upward trajectory. There are always small micro-events that occur and cause temporarily upswings and downswings as we have seen since December, but it is evident that crypto currency is the fastest growing new sector and has a lot of room for expansion. Once we see further market maturation such as more institutional traders moving into crypto and the average investor being able to effortlessly add crypto to their 401k and retirement plans we will see another drastic increase in price.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
February 08, 2018, 03:38:45 PM
I loved Dec. but now the bear cycle came down on us so fast like an elevator. So what does that mean for the near future are we taking the slower stairs back up for BTC?

I think it's normal for bitcoin to go down a little. Just imagine how much it went up last year, from $2,000 to it's ATH at $20,000. So, if you will just look at it, going down at $6,000 to $10,000 is not a bad thing at all. Bitcoin price will recover soon, because usually, bitcoin price goes down during during the first quarter of the year. What affects the price the most is the chain reaction of panic selling. Good thing that bitcoin price is starting to recover.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
February 08, 2018, 03:14:13 PM
Slow rise is best for sure as it shows organic growth more than hysteria which is what we want for Bitcoin. If you however, find yourself worried about BTC price a lot of the day it means a couple things

-you invested too much probably
-results orientated; focus on the tech not the results
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Bitcorns
February 08, 2018, 03:00:28 PM
As a investor you should always want stairs up. You need to understand that the "Elevator" of losses down for BTC was just because of the mad influx of money into bitcoin during the period where we had like 3 different forks and you saw BTC jump from 8k into 22k. It jumped up so quick that there was no real base on the mad influx that made it so easy to crash so hard. When it takes slower to rise and with a much lower percentage gain it will have the same lower percentage drop on the way down. (as all markets have peaks and valleys) As a investor who is in it for the long term on blockchain technology I would much rather see a much slower organic growth than "elevators" up any day. I hope you found this information useful!
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
February 08, 2018, 02:52:22 PM

The price is at its most fundamental decided by confidence in bitcoin. When confidence begins to fall it can evaporate almost instantaneously and in order for that confidence to return it takes time. But when people do start to regain confidence it will again increase at an exponential rate. Some time is just needed before people are confident again that the crash is over.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
February 08, 2018, 01:33:41 PM

Pages:
Jump to: