Pages:
Author

Topic: Elite coin another bittrex scam? - page 4. (Read 10543 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 26, 2014, 12:24:11 PM
What should happen is new coins should submit to a third party audit prior to launch. Perhaps by trusted members of the community, pool owners, etc. Then once they are given a seal of approval then people will decide if they want to mine/buy it. Wallet updates go thru the same review process.

If people stop mining coins that dont subject themselves to third party approval then scams should be reduced dramatically.

At least until scammers find a new way to scam.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
July 26, 2014, 12:23:35 PM
Don't know if bittrex is "in" on it exactly but they sure aren't doing due diligence for their CUSTOMERS. If they keep this up, they will be the next mintpal. That is if they don't go MtGox on us  Roll Eyes

Poloniex is the only exchange that checks source code it seems.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
July 26, 2014, 12:17:07 PM
Important Thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/technical-analysis-of-the-elitecoin-heist-711535

EDIT: (dont know why the mods moved my thread and leave this one untouched... )
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2014, 11:49:12 AM
sorry good devs Im not mining anymore to newbies devs.......    everybody must be same thing

my new rule will be: launched coin by newbie equal to scam..... not mining

This rule help me today to avoid scam...... pls see this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annfuse-fusecoin-1-day-pow-100k-coins-ultra-fair-launch-x11-updated-708717, is very easy detect scam now you only
see altcoincalendar........

it is happens again and again, I tell you newbies accounts are being used for same devs..... alert  

warning: Today Saturday in total will be launched 3 coins all are scam keep out, they are Fuse,Prisma and USB coin alert to everybody,,,,  they
will be launched by newbies account
,  dont buy it coins,  

thanks for the warning friend. i will not buy!

watch exchanges that will add its
Activity: 182
July 26, 2014, 11:22:09 AM
add darkcash to the list of scam coins, not yet on everyones most hated exchange though. .
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
July 26, 2014, 11:21:15 AM
sorry good devs Im not mining anymore to newbies devs.......    everybody must be same thing

This rule help me today to avoid scam...... pls see this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annfuse-fusecoin-1-day-pow-100k-coins-ultra-fair-launch-x11-updated-708717, is very easy detect scam now you only

it is happens again and again, I tell you newbies accounts are being used for same devs..... alert  

warning: Today Saturday in total will be launched 3 coins all are scam keep out, they are Fuse,Prisma and USB coin alert to everybody,,,,  they
,  dont buy it coins,  

thanks for the warning friend. i will not buy!
legendary
July 26, 2014, 11:19:16 AM

,  dont buy it coins,  
Activity: 448
July 26, 2014, 11:16:09 AM
aha yes

to mee looks like well organised crime:

legendary
July 26, 2014, 11:05:10 AM
Look that everybody is losting money in exchanges,  coins lost his value quickly, in some cases values drop to 1 sat....  sell to his price is not good idea,  only keep your coins, it coins can be re-launched for good devs to long time   is the unique solution.........
July 26, 2014, 11:04:38 AM
Anyone got more information about the "hidden" features in the code ?

Looks quite interesting.. The Genesis Block alone had 20.000 Coins paid out to one address.. But this was NOT reflected in moneysupply..

Seems like someone had at least a little bit idea of what he's doing there.. a pity he scammed with it and did nothing FOR the community..

For me it looks almost like there was Double Spend check removed, so the dev could spent this coins several times, stacking them up..

More info would be cool as I'm currently only on my small laptop and cannot look in a decent way

What I can say for sure is:
Stop mining it, there are surely more flaws/features in the code.

yes, and please dont anyone but this with hard earned btc until the extent of the scam is determined.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
July 26, 2014, 11:02:37 AM
Anyone got more information about the "hidden" features in the code ?

Looks quite interesting.. The Genesis Block alone had 20.000 Coins paid out to one address.. But this was NOT reflected in moneysupply..

Seems like someone had at least a little bit idea of what he's doing there.. a pity he scammed with it and did nothing FOR the community..

For me it looks almost like there was Double Spend check removed, so the dev could spent this coins several times, stacking them up..

More info would be cool as I'm currently only on my small laptop and cannot look in a decent way

What I can say for sure is:
Stop mining it, there are surely more flaws/features in the code.
legendary
July 26, 2014, 11:00:58 AM
this situation makes me cry.
i'm an ELC holder. I've bought some at 0.011
and what i see now? price @28k...and a lot of miners and holders who dump their ELC at 2k.
because of big mistake? How possible to mix two different coins?
and how much time we need to stabilize the exchange rate?

well, dont cry anymore, many peoples buy like  0.025, only hold your coins maybe it can be relaunched or something like that, I think that is better
wait to finish POW, to try of fix it in a new post with a new dev......
legendary
July 26, 2014, 10:51:08 AM

Activity: 224
July 26, 2014, 10:43:42 AM
this situation makes me cry.
i'm an ELC holder. I've bought some at 0.011
and what i see now? price @28k...and a lot of miners and holders who dump their ELC at 2k.
because of big mistake? How possible to mix two different coins?
and how much time we need to stabilize the exchange rate?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
July 26, 2014, 09:40:13 AM
I posted a topic a couple of weeks ago about this very thing
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bittrex-killing-the-altcoin-market-687852

It's sad that it's still continuing. They are damaging crypto
July 26, 2014, 09:37:27 AM
bittrex needs to follow their own rules about adding a new coin.

here is what bittrex says about its process of coin selection:

"We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science and humanity."

if they followed these rules these scamcoins would not be added.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 26, 2014, 09:21:34 AM
I have the source code if anyone wants it. I can upload it to sourceforge tomorrow because it's 4 a.m. and alcohol and 10 dexies are saying "bedtime"

Obviously the little devs  wiped their github

But will post tit if nobody else has.

can u upload it to github and post link here ,want to check the code seriously.thx.

Not very experienced with git, but have trried.

https://github.com/dimecoinco/elitecoin

EbH65KWutujC5HXbcSSEhuYmatmw3v5r4r

donations of elitecoin accepted :-)
Activity: 174
July 26, 2014, 08:46:27 AM

I have heard that they add anything for 2-3 BTC

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 26, 2014, 08:41:13 AM
Someone should write a tutorial on how to detect pre-mines and insta-mines, and other tell tales signs of a scam in the code.

check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708132.new#new,Zeus Altcoin Evaluation System.

That's good stuff!  Thanks!  More folks need to support projects like this!
Pages:
Jump to: