Pages:
Author

Topic: [EMC] Emercoin Speculation and Discussion - Top 10 Cryptocurrency - page 3. (Read 7722 times)

Activity: 458
Merit: 250
It's not conclusive by all means but the mintr.org explorer does list the Top100 EMC accounts at https://emercoin.mintr.org/top You can see there are a few large accounts. But I think this kind of distribution is fairly typical of almost every coin, including Bitcoin. Actually, I don't think the dev team mined as many as they would have liked. If I recall, it was months until their mining pool has any decent hash rate.

The emc community has been very generous, distributing emc through folding@home, various bounties, and multiple giveaways and faucets over the two years since release.

What's more is that that if you don't like the distribution then you can invest in another coin. But even then, you can still use EMC's services, such as decentralized domains, for only a few cents.

Personally, I'm hoping to see emc community grow and develop a thriving community of users and contributors. For instance, it would be great to see more developers working on code contributions, to improve on the security and functionality of the emc client. And I hope some new initiatives will be set up that reward such contributions. That's just what I would like to see.

Activity: 466
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
how much EMC does the dev team own? Someone said roughly 85% was instamined in the first month or so. POS is really bad for coin where 1 group holds all the coins. They become the "biggest" miners and don't have to do a single thing (good for the inside group, bad for everyone else)
Activity: 615
Merit: 554
Come on, folks.

1. Devs are russians. They always cash out at first possibility.
2. Large instamine - 85% of coin supply was generated in first month. As a consequence, uneven distribution and super-fat wallets. PoS minting only worsens the problem.
3. Almost no coverage on exchanges and horrible liquidity.

Best coin to invest, indeed.

Hey BugSpirit,

Thank you for the feedback, we do welcome all forms of constructive criticism here. I can provide some insight into your concerns:

1. The development team is quite spread out geographically, in Canada, United States, Germany, Australia, Russia and Estonia. The company has gone to great lengths to do the exact opposite of what is suggested, focusing on development of tools and services instead of spending our time and money on promoting the currency. We feel the results will speak for themselves and we have a long term vision in place. If we were hyping the currency from the beginning, this would be more reflective of a company that had short term aspirations (looking for a quick payout). Emercoin will be around for a very, very long time.

2. The currency was open to the public and not premined, so everyone has had an equal opportunity to join from the start. Individuals who mined the currency early when it was economically worthless did acquire more EMC than individuals who came in after more value was built into the currency and blockchain

3. This is a fair criticism and one that is being addressed aggressively now that are focus has shifted. Once again, our initial focus was on developing the World's most functional blockchian and this was done with little external promotion (our funding was spent on bringing the World results, not promises). Now that we have accomplished this and major industry leaders are working with us, the time has come to improve the access and liquidity of the EMC. Several exchanges will be adding EMC over the next two months, so expect the currency to appreciate as more awareness and adoption spill into this revolutionary offering of ours
Activity: 466
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
so someone mined all the supply and pumps it to 6 million market cap.. I'll stay away
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Come on, folks.

2. Large instamine - 85% of coin supply was generated in first month. As a consequence, uneven distribution and super-fat wallets. PoS minting only worsens the problem.

So you think you are smarter than Microsoft or Bill Gates???

Quit your troll, go back to your grave. This coin is directly backed up by Microsoft, and this is the most important reason for whales to invest on it, in a free market, only Capital talks, you can judge EMC when your coin or your name backed up by Microsoft and gets on NASDAQ's news page.

And Bittrex has already adopted EMC, Poloniex will soon, i'm sure you will see a BIG price UP when EMC gets on Poloniex.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
This project is definitely one to keep a close watch. Emercoin presents new alternatives on DNS administration

It looks like I was wrong. Price dropped 40%! haha. Let's hope it drops another 40% tomorrow. Then maybe I can buy a few.

That dip did not last long! Hope you were able to grab some.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Come on, folks.

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
www.pumpmycoin.com
with this capitalization, and the need to be added to Azure, which of course is driven by and leads to good feelings and thoughts, but on the other hand due to the uneven distribution, and the popularity of 90% for 1000 coins purses, there are unclear which place is going to take Emer and borrowing as a solution, then what questions and engage with these issues still not solved ?
The Emercoin services image has been added to the main post. This will give you all a graphical example of why Emercoin is one of the fastest growing digital currencies and blockchain platforms in the World.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

It looks like I was wrong. Price dropped 40%! haha. Let's hope it drops another 40% tomorrow. Then maybe I can buy a few.

Relevant to Emercoin discussion and speculation:

Emercoin is making the rounds in the global financial news circles:

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/microsofts-azure-blockchain-as-a-service-program-gains-momentum-cm562389
WOW, nice!!! It's a great news that Emercoin can be met by others on nasdaq.com!
Relevant to Emercoin discussion and speculation:

Emercoin is making the rounds in the global financial news circles:

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/microsofts-azure-blockchain-as-a-service-program-gains-momentum-cm562389
Thank you both, these are the kind of efforts that will draw attention. I left a friendly reminder post on the Poloniex Facebook page, hopefully all of this noise is heard on their end. There are many more exciting endeavors currently taking place with Emercoin and some of these will be made public soon.

There will also be a formalized road map posted for the community to see and take part in as well. So stay tuned and grab yourself some EMC.

Yeah, need Polo onboard ASAP.  I filled out their request form.. no idea how effective it will be.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the help str11ngfello. This appears to be a matter of strength in numbers so hopefully our bothers and sisters see your good work and follow suit. At one point the beat of the drums will become too loud to ignore and EMC will be listed on Poloniex.

Please fill this out everybody https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Already filled Wink I think the price of EMC will skyrocket when it goes alive in Poloniex Grin
Activity: 481

Yeah, need Polo onboard ASAP.  I filled out their request form.. no idea how effective it will be.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the help str11ngfello. This appears to be a matter of strength in numbers so hopefully our bothers and sisters see your good work and follow suit. At one point the beat of the drums will become too loud to ignore and EMC will be listed on Poloniex.

Please fill this out everybody https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Activity: 11

Lack of liquidity - both up and down -  for such a high market cap is kind of scary for new comer traders. I'd like the project to grow on me as opposed to being forced to hold a bag due to 'ideals' about the tech, so will hold my satoshis for now.

Looking forward to finding out more about the project as time goes by.

A big reason for the lack of liquidity is the fact that most of the people don't put their trust in these obscure altcoin exchanges, and for good reasons. It is too bad that Cryptsy took a dive, because we now have only Bittrex (acceptable) and Poloniex as trustable altcoin exchanges. I see that Emercoin was already added on Bittrex, so I am happy that i finally got to withdraw from Livecoin. It seems like a pretty decent service, but there were some small issues that made me anxious throughout the days.

With Poloniex we will definitely get to see a big jump in volume.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

Lack of liquidity - both up and down -  for such a high market cap is kind of scary for new comer traders. I'd like the project to grow on me as opposed to being forced to hold a bag due to 'ideals' about the tech, so will hold my satoshis for now.

Looking forward to finding out more about the project as time goes by.

Pages:
Jump to: