Pages:
Author

Topic: [eMunie] eMunie Tech & General Q&A Thread - Get Involved - page 7. (Read 15638 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Quite some of these features have been implemented in other coins in similiar ways?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
Hi everyone

I've been quiet for some time again, eMunie takes up every waking hour as of late, but I'm very happy to report that now all the major components of the client are complete and "set in stone", I'll be releasing various documentations over the next week that will describe in a lot more detail how this elusive beast works on the inside.

There have been many many questions regarding eMunie on here going back as far as June when I first announced the project, some of which I answered at the time, lots of those explanations have since become obsolete with the various iterations of the client and its changing direction since then.

A primer for those that do not know what eMunie is:

eMunie is a next generation crypto-currency, similar in many ways to popular first generation crypto-currencies such as BitCoin (BTC), LiteCoin (LTC) and others. eMunie adopts the root principles and objectives of these first generation crypto-currencies and expands upon them both in terms of security and useability scope.

Many first generation crypto-currencies are simply copies of BitCoin with minor changes. Typically this means that the open source BitCoin program code as been used as a starting point, with modifications made to it depending on what that particular crypto-currency's goals require.

This is not in any way a bad thing, but it does mean that currencies which adopt this approach, are limited by the same factors as BitCoin, and also inherit some or all of its short-comings.

eMunie does not use any of the BitCoin program code, and functions in a completely different manner, sharing only the primary ideologies and end goals.

eMunie provides a more secure & stable currency by a number of means. All transaction information that is able to identify you is encrypted and secure, your privacy is guaranteed. The only parties able to see any identifying information is the receiver and the sender. All other parties in the system are unable to view this information and will never know that a transaction between A -> B happened.

To ensure that all transactions are honest and that the system balances, a different scheme of verification is used to current implementations to verify that the spender of any currency units is authorized to do so, while at the same time keeping any identifying information regarding the spender (and receiver) a secret.

Even dis-regarding the many other innovative features, this alone allows eMunie to stand above the current state of the art and provide a solution that no other crypto-currency has been able to achieve:

A true anonymous, secure, decentralized, distributed digital currency.

eMunie is also packed with innovative, ground breaking features such as:

• Speed - Transactions are processed almost instantly (sub-20 seconds) and are safe to trust.
  • Size - Small data set, clients download only what they need, and most do not need the whole transaction tree.
  • Interest - eMunie uses a TRUE economic supply & demand based currency system where new supply is distributed to current stake holders
  • P2P exchange - The first true P2P exchange allowing not only the exchange of eMu, but ANY currency or commodity registered within the system
  • ENS - A naming system for wallet addresses which allows more human readable terms to be assigned to an address.
  • Postman - Secure e-mail system including attachments.
  • ERC - Secure chat rooms/channels similar to IRC days of old (private rooms supported).
  • EIM - Secure instant messaging between 2 or more parties.
  • Ratings - Self explanatory, you can rate the sender of transactions (these ratings are used for various things in the community)
  • Profiles - Public & private profiles where you may enter some details about yourself (or your business)
  • much much more....

All of the above features will be explained in more detail within the various documentation that I will be making available over the course of the next week or so.

So, without further ado, please feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding eMunie and I will be happy to answer them Smiley

Note:  For reasons unknown to me, trolls seem to like eMunie (perhaps it's the mention of goats in previous threads?  Cheesy) and I will not tolerate any trollish behavior in this thread and will not respond to any bait.  The purpose of this Q&A thread is to answer legitimate questions regarding eMunie and anything else related, not for the stroking of a troll-ish ego.
Pages:
Jump to: