Pages:
Author

Topic: End of FAKE volume reporting - page 5. (Read 13667 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 02, 2019, 05:01:25 AM
This is a real issue that needs to be sorted ourt. Most exchange on CMC uses bots to report fake volume which is misleading to crypto traders.  If CMC can real data from exchange it will help reduce manipulations and bring in new investors
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
May 02, 2019, 03:36:27 AM
There are many exchanges that are faking volume. Some reports show that there is up to 90% wrong volume reports. With market developing i am sure there will be more strict rules and penalties.

I think this is the next step in crypto for further development.

There should be some index be issued based on volume to track real volume of top 10 or top 20 exchanges who should be then monitored by some external company.

I hope also CoinMaketCap will take this issue into consideration soon enough to get some real data on smaller exchanges as well.

Well there are those organizations who reported fake volumes. But as much as it's a fraudulent practice, who are going to stop them? There are no regulatory bodies to begin with?

And as far as CoinMarketCap? They are business entity so I doubt that they will take that into consideration. They even promoted ponzi scheme ads in their website, people called them but they didn't do anything because they are in the business of making money.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
May 02, 2019, 03:36:00 AM
There are many exchanges that are faking volume. Some reports show that there is up to 90% wrong volume reports. With market developing i am sure there will be more strict rules and penalties.

There should be some index be issued based on volume to track real volume of top 10 or top 20 exchanges who should be then monitored by some external company.

I hope also CoinMaketCap will take this issue into consideration soon enough to get some real data on smaller exchanges as well.
It would be very difficult to solve this problem especially in the crypto space, which is a free market and anyone can operate within it's jurisdiction without being questioned by any government agencies or individuals, what I meant to say is that there is no one regulation body controlling the activities of this exchanges, and there is definitely no way we can monitor all exchanges to bring out which one has fake value and those that are actually real, so I don't really think there is a solution to this problem unless we become a centralized platform.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
May 02, 2019, 03:30:19 AM

Yeah, i hope coinmarketcap can know this fake volume on some exchanges. I'm sure some exchanges did kind of this shady things. We, as a trader also need to report it to coinmarketcap, so they can do something about it. Fake volume is a big one though on exchange, so i hope no exchange do this anymore in the future.
It's a hard job for them in knowing whether the volume reported is accurate, the solution I think is if they caught an exchange faking the volume, they need to exclude it on the list. More brutal but sometimes they have to do it the hard way so these exchanges will learn.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
May 02, 2019, 12:45:07 AM

Yeah, i hope coinmarketcap can know this fake volume on some exchanges. I'm sure some exchanges did kind of this shady things. We, as a trader also need to report it to coinmarketcap, so they can do something about it. Fake volume is a big one though on exchange, so i hope no exchange do this anymore in the future.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
May 02, 2019, 12:31:11 AM
I think the market is slowly changing as institutional investors  are beginning to showing keen interest in the cryptocurrency sector.
   One of the only things holding back an ETF at this point is the market manipulations like fake volume. The bull market needs the big guys to invest.
It is and as what we noticed now, the volume is good compared to last years bearish period.
Having over $40 billion daily trading volume is a signal that the market is recovering, the confidence of the investors are coming back again.
Activity: 1150
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
May 01, 2019, 11:02:33 PM
I think the market is slowly changing as institutional investors are now beginning to show keen interest in the cryptocurrency sector.
   One of the only things holding back an ETF at this point is the market manipulations like fake volume, and other things that may be harmful to investors. The bull market really needs the big guys to invest in order to take off.
   Big investors will hopefully bring confidence and stability.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
May 01, 2019, 09:34:35 PM
Coinmarketcap already does exclude some volume, but they can go a little bit further than that.
It's good that they exlude volume from zero fees exchanges, since people can just increase the volume exponentially.

You can see it when you click on the exchanges tab for each coin.
But when you are seeing another marketcap site and there was a lot of gap between CMC and another marketcap site. i don't talk about coingecko at this moment. there was a marketcap site that only counts the real volume but i forget about the name of that site.
fake daily volume trading be our problems now.manipulation started from this thing and it could influence new investors trapped .we need some standardization to count market capitalization , and also exchanges need to report their reall volume.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
May 01, 2019, 09:26:50 PM
Coinmarketcap already does exclude some volume, but they can go a little bit further than that.
It's good that they exlude volume from zero fees exchanges, since people can just increase the volume exponentially.

You can see it when you click on the exchanges tab for each coin.
But when you are seeing another marketcap site and there was a lot of gap between CMC and another marketcap site. i don't talk about coingecko at this moment. there was a marketcap site that only counts the real volume but i forget about the name of that site.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
May 01, 2019, 07:19:35 PM
Exchanges reporting fake volume is very confusing and misleading.
They should stop with that practice or there should be a way to calculate the real volume. That issue should be solved as soon as possible.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
May 01, 2019, 06:16:20 PM
Long term trading teaches us to read the charts without the help of third-party tools on some sites like CMC. Volumes are fake, undoubtedly but it doesn't mean all transactions are fake too on the big exchanges.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
May 01, 2019, 06:16:10 PM
It sometimes  really amazing how some exchange platform connive with some project teams to just deceive investors. But I don't blame them that much since what these exchanges are interested in is the project been able to pay their listing fee that's all, they just think about themselves and no one else which is very bad.
Activity: 242
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
May 01, 2019, 06:10:03 PM

Those people who have long been trading in the crypto market are well aware of those exchanges that engage in deceiving users and artificially increase trading volumes. I have long ignored such exchanges and trade only on those exchanges where trading volumes are shown almost without cheating.
Activity: 170
Merit: 1
May 01, 2019, 05:50:46 PM
The issue of exchanges having fake volume is becoming another thing, now small exchanges will have to use bots to fake their daily volume just to be ranked, I hope all this will be resolve soon.
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
May 01, 2019, 05:39:45 PM
It had to happen. Fake volume are a big problem and this issue must be resolved. Well that this began to correct and I hope that soon this will come the end of the.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
May 01, 2019, 04:51:32 PM
This is why I have said it so many times that please check out top sites that could give you complete Crypto Stats, as it will help you know the market better and will allow you to understand things a lot easier. If you don’t do that then you will always will be unable to make a good move and eventually you will end up at the wrong side of things. So, this is where and why you have to be wise with your decision making.
Activity: 280
May 01, 2019, 04:20:59 PM
I think we can help services like coinmarketcap to do the right thing. As crypto enthusiasts or traders who do not want to be deceived by fake volume, we can easily see to it that we report fake volumes by the exchanges to the appropriate channels.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
May 01, 2019, 04:17:16 PM
Coinmarketcap mostly takes the data included volume numbers from the various exchanges. Fake volumes can be a reason why we see higher market cap numbers than normal days.
Activity: 495
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
May 01, 2019, 03:59:55 PM
this could be done when all of us can report those exchange whose volumes are fake.. coinmarketcap should take action on this as some exchange can scam people who wants to use their exchange
Activity: 504
May 01, 2019, 03:52:52 PM
I believe in self-regulation of the market, we have to keep a constant watch. Exchanges with fake volume should be punished by the market, starting with us users.
Pages:
Jump to: