Pages:
Author

Topic: [Enhanced Firmware Mod] Dragon Bitcoin Miner ALL (1T,1.5T,2T) versions - page 7. (Read 14728 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
@mxnsch

you are amazing a mini tut will indeed do! you are a god mate!

Regards Roderick

PS.if this works i'll donate Wink

Happy new year! to you to!
Activity: 474
Merit: 252
Good news, @roderick112!
Stratum-proxy proof of concept is ready and hashing a while for testing. I do not have enough time currently to do make it dynamically and fully configurable via webgui. I guess a Mini-Howto with 3-5 easy steps will be good enough, right? ;-)

Here is a screenshot showing the stratum-proxy web interface:

Happy new year!
yhea sure if you can tell me how its done! i have no clue on how to sure give me a Release version. and what do you mean with
any possible configuration you have in min and i will do my best.
It means: If you have a working setup or documentation  with stratum proxy, let me know  Wink
This looks epic man i do have 1 request can you make it support Extranonce subscription?
if you upload 1 that has it i will instantly try it!
I can not patch cgminer for stated reasons, but it should work via stratum proxy as far as i can read. Shall i include a certain Release version? Please provide any possible configuration you have in min and i will do my best.

yhea sure if you can tell me how its done! i have no clue on how to sure give me a Release version. and what do you mean with [/quote]any possible configuration you have in min and i will do my best.[/quote]
regards Roderick
This looks epic man i do have 1 request can you make it support Extranonce subscription?
I can not patch cgminer for stated reasons, but it should work via stratum proxy as far as i can read. Shall i include a certain Release version? Please provide any possible configuration you have in min and i will do my best.

TY for this version!

Regards Roderick
New version online, changes:
* Support for more blades
* Two download choices for different IP address settings

Happy holidays everyone!
Hello, you can indicate whether this firmware is compatible with my old BITMINE COINGRAFT DESK 1TH/S.
As far as i know, those are clones/rebrands and should work. I need to verify to be sure about this.

Do you have shell access and can give me the full cgminer command line?
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Hello, you can indicate whether this firmware is compatible with my old BITMINE COINGRAFT DESK 1TH/S.

thanks
Any chance at voltage/frequency control? I have some old 2.3TH/s dragons that allow full control, and have been looking for an image to under-volt the 1 TH/s dragon as a space heater.
Yes, absolutely. I guess you are refering to the web Interface, are you? If you need it soonish, i can guide you through the necessary changes to the index.php file.

Otherwise, i already thought about a simple switch to change between economic/undervolt and performance. Which cgminer options do you need?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Any chance at voltage/frequency control? I have some old 2.3TH/s dragons that allow full control, and have been looking for an image to under-volt the 1 TH/s dragon as a space heater.
Great work! I also have my gateway as 192.168.1.254 so would definitely vouch for an image with reversed assignments, i.e IP of 192.168.1.1 and gateway of 192.168.1.254 (that despite the notes above).
Once again, great work!
PS. What version of cgminer does this ship with?
Ok, i will create and upload an ALTERNATIVE IP version tonight.

Included is the manufacturers Cgminer version (3.9) and it is not upgradeable without a decent amount of reverse engineering. It is a precompiled cgminer with a proprietary driver for the blades.

Definitely doable for me, but not worth the effort imho as
* the miner is running ultra stable with my settings
* i had zero problems with all pools tried so far
Activity: 22
Great work! I also have my gateway as 192.168.1.254 so would definitely vouch for an image with reversed assignments, i.e IP of 192.168.1.1 and gateway of 192.168.1.254 (that despite the notes above).
Once again, great work!
PS. What version of cgminer does this ship with?
Anyway to change the pre-configured IP?
If my gateway is 192.168.1.254, I would not be able to connect to it to change the ip address after flash this image.
You can either hardcode the IP of your local computer to eg 192.168.1.2 and change it the IP after connecting to http://192.168.1.254. I will update the README with the following short instructions.

Mini How-To
  • 1 Disconnect router temporarily
  • 2 Log into Miner web interface at http://192.168.1.254
  • 3 Change Miner IP address
  • 4 Reboot Miner
  • 5 Re-connect your Router

If by all means you can't do it, i am happy to create a version with the desired network settings for you.
Another question: does the small LCD screen work with this firmware? What does it show?
Thanks
This is the original, updated firmware (also using Raspbian, but way older!) with my enhancements, so i guess it is still this:

It did not test it since i have no such device, but considering this as feature request - i can probably make it show whatever you want in case it does not work. For me it was not interesting even if my devices had LCDs, because i tweaked the webui for this to be more tablet friendly  Wink

Just try it and get back to me with any questions if it does not work. It is probably a piece of cake to get it working, but i might need feedback from you to get the device ID that connects to the PI.
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
Anyway to change the pre-configured IP?
If my gateway is 192.168.1.254, I would not be able to connect to it to change the ip address after flash this image.
Activity: 26
Another question: does the small LCD screen work with this firmware? What does it show?
Thanks
Thank you!
I will get mine in a week, I'll definitely try this firmware.

Is there some kind of "hidden donation"? Something like 15min/day of mining in your pool?
I'm asking because a RasPi firmware made for bitcoin mining does this, and I've read that this is something "hidden"
That's a good question, thanks for bringing it up! Will add my answer to this thread.

The image does not contain anything like that. If you want donate a couple of Hashes, just let it hash for a while with my preconfigured example pool settings or use my signature address Smiley

As soon as you change the pool settings in the UI,  press the submit button and restart, your settings are applied and stay. Please take my word on it.

Additionally, everything is open source - nothing is obfuscated and everybody can take a look.
Thanks for your answer.
I was not implying that, just wanted to be sure that, if you were using the said custom OS as base (which I don't know), you removed that thing.
But now I see you're using Raspbian as a base, so, great!
Thank you!

Is there some kind of "hidden donation"? Something like 15min/day of mining in your pool?
I'm asking because a RasPi firmware made for bitcoin mining does this, and I've read that this is something "hidden"
That's a good question, thanks for bringing it up! Will add my answer to this thread.

The image does not contain anything like that. If you want donate a couple of Hashes, just let it hash for a while with my preconfigured example pool settings or use my signature address Smiley

As soon as you change the pool settings in the UI,  press the submit button and restart, your settings are applied and stay. Please take my word on it.

Additionally, everything is open source - nothing is obfuscated and everybody can take a look.
Thank you!

Pages:
Jump to: