Pages:
Author

Topic: Enigma Hacked; Over $470,000 in Ethereum Stolen - page 3. (Read 3701 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
something is wrong with some icos these days...
Activity: 532
Merit: 257
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
Yeah heard that news. If Im not mistaken the hacking start on slack after one of the dev/leader's slack account had been hack and post an announcement about the tokensale openning and give an eth wallet addy for investor's deposits. Seems like hacking amd phising is increasing on ICOs. Even slackbot always sending scam messages regarding whitelist and what so ever redirecting on fake mew which is a phising site to steal log ins. So all of us must beware.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2733
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
According to this comment by someone on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6v0vei/warning_enigma_website_and_slack_probably_hacked/dlwztnt/ Enigma CEO using the same password for all his accounts, that's why the hacker can hack enigma. Once again another hacker on ICO because of stupid things. Are they deserve the second chance ?
Its unfortunate that the ICO was compromised as a result of the Enigma CEO account being hacked, its high time people set secondary security protocols in place such as 2fa and basically make an effort of not using the same passwords as is this case. Hope all other ICO's learn from this and tighten their security in the best interest of its investors
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Very bad news, how to protect ICO from such invasions?

MIT Grads are just too DUMB not to use 2 Factor Authentication Sad

Activity: 238
WORDCOIN
Very bad news, how to protect ICO from such invasions?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Is this somewhat like coindash?
Activity: 39
Is there no secure way (blockchsin) to pay an ico? Use Civic?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I wonder how the hackers are going to cash out all these stolen ETH though Huh
All coins can be mixed. When no mixer exists for the coin it can be exchanged to an anonymous coin or mixed in another form.
Or, the hacker can just wait 10 years to sell.
Activity: 280
Hackers are SMART enough to Stole 500K USD

But they are DUMB enough to transfer the funds to Bitfinex
Activity: 602
Merit: 253
According to this comment by someone on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6v0vei/warning_enigma_website_and_slack_probably_hacked/dlwztnt/ Enigma CEO using the same password for all his accounts, that's why the hacker can hack enigma. Once again another hacker on ICO because of stupid things. Are they deserve the second chance ?
If this is true, how come a CEO act like this? Using same password for all his accounts is very very stupid things. This is just like a newbie who doesn't knoew anything how to secure his account.
My advice to all dev, don't use slack again because it's very suspicious for me. Just use this forum to update/chatting with your participants.
What the, I just want to know, whyy? What makes him think that using the same password is a wise choice?
Ikr, slack is very fishy nowadays. And as far as I know, most of ICOs have been using slack.
Activity: 65
I wonder how the hackers are going to cash out all these stolen ETH though Huh

Maybe they can mix it with other coins?
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
If this is true, how come a CEO act like this? Using same password for all his accounts is very very stupid things. This is just like a newbie who doesn't knoew anything how to secure his account.
My advice to all dev, don't use slack again because it's very suspicious for me. Just use this forum to update/chatting with your participants.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
Maybe stop using centralized shit like website based ICOs and slack.

Dumb, lazy and greedy ICO gamblers deserve crap like this.

They will never learn. People want to get rich quick. Me too of course, who doesn't, but the difference is, I put some research on what I buy and I consider the risks.

The problem with ETH and why it will never be a good store of value is because of things like this. Hacks will keep happening. No matter if it's a hack or an inside job.. the point is, tons of ETH will keep getting stolen and dumped into the market, crushing the price. The more ICO's, the higher chance of a lot of ETH getting stolen and dumped, and ETH holders will suffer the consequences.

BTC is way simpler, so things like this don't happen.
You do have a point because most of ICOs now are basing on ETH platform which the main mistakes on here is those devs who do make store on those tokens on which it do really compromising the price of ETH and the one who should be blame on this hacking incidents are those dev who do make such wallet or storage of those coins.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
Maybe stop using centralized shit like website based ICOs and slack.

Dumb, lazy and greedy ICO gamblers deserve crap like this.

They will never learn. People want to get rich quick. Me too of course, who doesn't, but the difference is, I put some research on what I buy and I consider the risks.

The problem with ETH and why it will never be a good store of value is because of things like this. Hacks will keep happening. No matter if it's a hack or an inside job.. the point is, tons of ETH will keep getting stolen and dumped into the market, crushing the price. The more ICO's, the higher chance of a lot of ETH getting stolen and dumped, and ETH holders will suffer the consequences.

BTC is way simpler, so things like this don't happen.
Activity: 54
Lol.... probably it will happen again and it's price will drop for like 10-15% like it happened before, but pretty sure it will be just temporary, so brace yourselves
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
once again.  Roll Eyes More Ethereum Stolen!

An unknown hacker has so far stolen more than $471,000 worth of Ethereum—one of the most popular and increasingly valuable cryptocurrencies—in yet another Ethereum hack that hit the popular cryptocurrency investment platform, Enigma.

http://thehackernews.com/2017/08/enigma-cryptocurrency-hack.html?m=1

This incident marks as the fifth Ethereum hack within two months, following a theft of:
$8.4 Million worth of Ethereum during Veritaseum's Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
$32 Million worth of Ethereum from Parity's Ethereum Wallet accounts.
$7 Million worth of Ether during the hack of Israeli startup CoinDash's ICO.
$1 Million worth of Ether and Bitcoins heist in cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb.

I am now thinking it's a real hack or just a thief in its own team members.Who knows!
Activity: 602
Merit: 253
Another hacked ICO.
I thought it was just a rumor, so it was true, huh?

No wonder these few days I always got email notification from slack, all of it was the same email but with different senders.
They always asked us to secure our MEW over their given link. Seems like it was from scammers or hacker.
I hope this thing won't ever happen again.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
Ethereum has to do something before things get out of hand. Hackers should be tackle head long in other for the  ico that are using Ethereum token to succeed. Ethereum price has also been limit because of the fear of hackers people that see Ethereum as alternative to bitcoin have changed their minds because of hackers activities on their wallet.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Feel sorry for the victims and the projects, there are too many scammers around. Hopefully, there is a way to secure ICOs’ fund raising.

It seems this is another coindash event that the hacker stole the eth by replacing the correct contract address with the wrong one. Why not announce the address advance and use the block height to start the ICO crowdsale?
Activity: 4
People should be more cautious when sending ether and learn from the past.
Pages:
Jump to: