Pages:
Author

Topic: Enough of repetitive projects and old ideas - page 9. (Read 1710 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
Many new altcoins will die in the future because there won't be many investors investing money on them and as we know it we have many scammers here who will keep creating useless tokens and coins, if you are a developer and you think you are serious enough then try as hard as possible to come out with something new and different, enough of repetitive projects and same old ideas

Bring in something NEW or don't bother at all
Actually, good startups are available but there are many scammers. Good startups will often know how to properly distribute tokens to bounty hunters and devise realistic plans and get it right. But the majority are now full of scammers and creating a fake project is too simple in the crypto market. We cannot stop them. So we need to equip with project analysis knowledge, it will help us a lot in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Many new altcoins will die in the future because there won't be many investors investing money on them and as we know it we have many scammers here who will keep creating useless tokens and coins, if you are a developer and you think you are serious enough then try as hard as possible to come out with something new and different, enough of repetitive projects and same old ideas

Or maybe.. build on the existing infrastructure. The blockchain technology is here - no need to create new blockchains, but instead to create dapps and customize the tech to business and consumer needs. I'm disgusted about the amount of garbage projects being debited all the time as well. I'm wondering how much better would our world be if all these developers would contribute to solving problems.

This is a much better approach than creating idea that is unable to realize.  I am into new ideas but if it is too good to be true then people are investing in vaporware, project that will never materialize, unlike creating projects that will build infrastructure around the existing blockchain technology.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
we need a new idea.

Come up with a new idea then. It's useless to say "we need something". Make it happen.

Or it's not as easy as it sounds?
Activity: 1218
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
Yes I agree, for developers you better try to provide the latest innovations in your project, then that will make your project interesting and of course many investors want to join. We have seen enough useless shit projects until they die alone in the middle road. If your project is full innovation, then I'm sure your project will survive.
Activity: 334
Merit: 10
I agree that the idea may be duplicated, but what I'm interested in is the result of it. If the new project has an idea that overlaps with the old one but it succeeds, I would be delighted. If you can't develop it, let others continue
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

Yes, market is flooded with new coins and projects and most of them do not even have a proper use case or practicality so how they can survive even if they launch such a coin, who will buy it on exchanges, yes there are few cases where similar projects can be encouraged like where a project has supreme success and become market leader there we do need similar project for healthy competition, otherwise copy cats projects will mostly fail.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Well, not to burst your bubble but there are plenty of repetitive projects but still successful. If you think there are no fools fall for scammers or useless tokens and coins even though it already 2020 then I can say you're wrong. Scam and shit token still there, dumb and stupid people wasting their money are still there too, maybe lower than before but you get the idea.
Activity: 531
Merit: 100
I agree with your opinion, there are too many new projects that copy the ideas of old projects that have failed in this market. That's why now people are no longer interested in new projects, right now people are focusing on the top projects in the market and those that already have active products.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

Or maybe.. build on the existing infrastructure. The blockchain technology is here - no need to create new blockchains, but instead to create dapps and customize the tech to business and consumer needs. I'm disgusted about the amount of garbage projects being debited all the time as well. I'm wondering how much better would our world be if all these developers would contribute to solving problems.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
There should be new but not just idea but also execution. There are many ideas crowded with failed projects but could still be a profitable field if executed properly. Most of the project doesn't fail due to having bad ideas but fail due to lack of expertise and dedication of the team. We need better projects.
Activity: 156
Merit: 2

naturally, there is nothing wrong with repititve projects or sorts. Because at the end of the day, it is left to hunters, marketers to decide if it is worth working for or not.

And if there is one thing I count important in this space, it is profit. People promote anything possible as long as it is legit and bringing profits, nobody wants to care if the project later dies or fumbles, as long as it brings rewards to their pocket.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
Many similar projects, the creators of which are aimed at deceiving investors. Fraudsters are very lazy. They copy a document on white paper. They use fake data and fake photos.
Fortunately, many in this forum have learned to quickly identify fraud. Fraudsters are afraid of advertising here. Nevertheless, one must be extremely careful. Do not believe new ideas, because many ideas are often repeated. And only a few projects are successful.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
Well, it looks like the ICO scams are slowly dying to expect a new scam scheme to come up soon and make waves.

The purpose of coin creation has truly reached at one point a pathetic level, I think that if I go through every crypto from CMC I'd find that there's a coin for every single domain possible, and that's absurd.

If there's one thing I hate about this completely free market, it's that you can't tell every newbie or inexperienced user in advance what kind of projects are good and what kind of projects aren't. Only if there were a very few who supported scams, they would simply die off.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 674
No one can stop them in creating a coin or a project, but if we will educate ourselves, scammers will not be successful.

Bringing more coins in the market as long as they have a legit team is good as that would make the competition stronger and that is good for us investors or users of such project. As the market matures, I hope people will also mature, it's not necessary that we learn from our mistake, what's important is we learn to make some research and carefully study the coins we are investing. There's a reason why experts called crypto investing as a risky investment, that alone should already convince us to be careful when investing.
Activity: 896
Merit: 100
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I do agree with your point. Too much projects who are working on the one idea.

I can take a smartcontract idea that was created by ethereum and then so many copycat projects have been appearing like tron, eos, tezos, zilliqa and many more.

Payment solution : CRPT, CRYPTO.com, uquid, wirex etc

we need a new idea.
In fact, we do not need new ideas. We need practical ideas and can be successful in this market, I have seen a lot of new ideas but they cannot develop like every wait, work for some time and then have died in silence
Activity: 224
Merit: 28
Nowadays scam and bad projects are easy to avoid because most projects copies from other old projects idea, stolen whitepaper (plagiarism), website design, fake forks, using Bitcoin in names, trying to create hype without new use case, lol, I've had enough of new projects, if I see a different one I will recognize
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
That is why now it is very difficult to find promising projects. many are imitating, even coins forks. actually crypto today, many ideas are the same, so they only fight between coins with promotional and marketing strategies. right now we are waiting for innovations or new ideas, but it is not that easy to deal with technology.
Activity: 889
Merit: 60

You will find new projects that are contributing by doing something new, but you will have to search them. Most of the new projects are crap because crap sells too and it's easier to pull that off then build anything ground breaking as that would require actual skills and devoted team.

Imho it's pointless to ask devs to stop delivering shitcoins when a lot of them are in it for the money anyway and ton of investors are also just looking for instant gains.

Most people aren't tech-savvy enough to know why a some project needs a blockchain or a token and what projects doesn't and most of these projects are in this to get money from these gullible people. Shitcoin builders don't have the skills to pull off anything too complex, but most investors can't tell the difference between the coin and a token. so...
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

You will always find repetitive concepts if we still believe in them. Go to the DAO forums you'll find more projects which you won't be surprised why its listed o CMC.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
In short, because most of the new altcoins nowadays are here just to SCAM people.
That's why most altcoins are repetitive projects, no originality or not being unique.
For me, as time goes by, projects that are no use or shady will become not effective anymore because most of the investors will get lessons for past projects they tried to invest.
Pages:
Jump to: