Pages:
Author

Topic: Entrepreneurship and women - page 2. (Read 2492 times)

Activity: 2016
Merit: 701
November 21, 2023, 05:19:45 AM
women and men actually have the same rights, but here most women set up businesses because their initial goal is to help their husbands with finances. Success is a plus and good luck for women, but not all women impose their will as entrepreneurs/business people, if their finances are stable or can be said to be well established

Whether or not a woman is financially stable is also proven by the amount of income her husband earns through his own work and if because of this a woman doesn't want to work, I think the woman will also experience difficulties when her husband is gone. It is true that there is nothing wrong with relying on a husband's income because that is part of the husband's responsibility, but the woman herself must also know how a husband earns money to support his family so that when her husband is gone, she can continue her husband's work in the future so that she will always be far away with difficulties.

I see that many women who are married to company bosses or owners of well-known companies also want to know how their husbands run the company so they can become more successful in their lives. But for women whose husbands only work as regular laborers or daily workers, it is appropriate for women to help their husbands to achieve their target of earning more so that their families can be happier. So it certainly cannot be equated even though in terms of work everyone has the same rights.
Activity: 966
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 20, 2023, 07:11:58 AM
women and men actually have the same rights, but here most women set up businesses because their initial goal is to help their husbands with finances. Success is a plus and good luck for women, but not all women impose their will as entrepreneurs/business people, if their finances are stable or can be said to be well established

You're right, women also like making business, if not for anything but to serve as an additional means to help add to whatever their husbands provide for them, this will also serves as a backup to their main financial source in case of anything happening under a crucial event affecting their husbands business or source of income, women do make a deep thought in everything before they assume the right state of doing them as usual, they tend to create a backup for themselves.
There's a gender equality wherein women are also capable of running businesses like what men can do. In fact, Here in our country, Majority of business owners are women and they are beyond successful nowadays with the helps of their husbands/partners. See? they can manage their businesses whether they are men or women. Gender cannot be measured in how a person can handle a business, It's all about capability, determination and willingness to do.
Activity: 364
Merit: 146
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
November 19, 2023, 02:00:05 PM
women and men actually have the same rights, but here most women set up businesses because their initial goal is to help their husbands with finances. Success is a plus and good luck for women, but not all women impose their will as entrepreneurs/business people if their finances are stable or can be said to be well established
Those women who have financial problems can not come to this field because they do not have that much money to come out from the financial crises and run their home smoothly then they start a business that requires a lot of funds. On the other hand, those women who are financially stable are coming to the business side and some of them want to be independent and not rely on their husband most of them belongs to the feminist community but some of them just came to make themselves busy. The rights are equal but no one gives her his official rights and those who gave them are on the top now. So we need to encourage our women to come to this sector and do something for  her family and for their state which is not only beneficial for her but also for many other families.
Activity: 532
Merit: 390
November 18, 2023, 11:45:39 AM

You're right, women also like making business, if not for anything but to serve as an additional means to help add to whatever their husbands provide for them, this will also serves as a backup to their main financial source in case of anything happening under a crucial event affecting their husbands business or source of income, women do make a deep thought in everything before they assume the right state of doing them as usual, they tend to create a backup for themselves.
Activity: 1329
Merit: 258
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
November 18, 2023, 11:38:12 AM
Activity: 308
Merit: 197
November 18, 2023, 10:37:07 AM
It depends on the mentality of the person whether it is a man or woman. I am also in favour of work but looking to society I often advise to just remain in the house but it also depends on the mentality what if change my mind and let go of her out so what about the other, Do they think the same like me? some person wants their Women to just relax at home and chill. But yeah you are write that there are many women and I know some women that run a business and also take care of their home and children very equally.  The work of women has also played an important role in the economy of a country, it increases job opportunities and provides a source of income to words that states those countries that are developed give the right to women to work freely and now they are on the top.
   Women are recently doing so well in the entrepreneurial space. The most used notion is being an independent woman. Yes it's good to be an independent woman, you don't have to be a liability to your husband or spouse or partner. You have to be an asset, the relationship should be mutual in all areas. That should even be the least firm of support a woman should be able to render in raising the home. Yes some men may like their women being housewives but it doesn't stop you from being an independent housewife.
   Woman are said to be able to assimilate skills way faster than men that's why they're quick in grasping everything they decide to get knowledge of. The burden doesn't necessarily have to be on the man. African mentality aside, if the women do their best in establishing works and making waves in the labour market, who knows, it may be the dawn of economic breakthrough for us. Women tend to have more opportunities than men and sometimes the journey through entrepreneur is somewhat easy for them. They have the guide they need, they have dedication in them already, they'd really make good wage if their independence in living is taken serious.
Activity: 364
Merit: 146
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
November 18, 2023, 02:06:23 AM
I know that other women are doing extremely well in terms of career and in the entrepreneurial sector and this has a lot to do with there kind of environment they find themselves. There are societies and families where it is almost like a taboo for a woman to be seen working as hard as a man, some men might not even allow their wives to work in some societies while in other societies, they don't see anything wrong in a woman working and it's just a normal situation and this encourages more women to try out several entrepreneurial adventures and some of them are doing very well in those actors.
It depends on the mentality of the person whether it is a man or woman. I am also in favour of work but looking to society I often advise to just remain in the house but it also depends on the mentality what if change my mind and let go of her out so what about the other, Do they think the same like me? some person wants their Women to just relax at home and chill. But yeah you are write that there are many women and I know some women that run a business and also take care of their home and children very equally.  The work of women has also played an important role in the economy of a country, it increases job opportunities and provides a source of income to words that states those countries that are developed give the right to women to work freely and now they are on the top.
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
November 18, 2023, 01:28:22 AM
I want to start a discussion highlighting some points I read online regarding women as compared to men in entrepreneurship and the chance of success.

Men and women do not prepare for the launch of their business in the same way. The number one preparatory activity for women is specific training (43.3% versus 31.8% for men). Men are looking for potential clients (45.8%) and writing a business plan (42.5% versus 34.6% for women).

Market research is carried out by about 1/3 of men and 1/4 of women.

Women entrepreneurs are much less experienced than their male counterparts: 37.5% have less than 3 years of experience versus 25.7% of men.

82.5% of women start businesses alone (compared to 69.8% of men)

Men consider that they are more entrepreneurial than women (84.7% of men against 72% of women)

Men have much more confidence in the future than women (48.2% of women vs. 64.7% of men)

Men are clearly more confident in the success of their company than women: 72.4% versus 65.3

There are far more unemployed women than men among entrepreneurs: 25.9% versus 16.9

Women are 3 times less likely than men to have already tried the adventure of creating a business: only 5.3% of women had already created a business against 18.4% of men

As a result of the difficult economic times, do you consider that there will be more women entrepreneurs competing with men in this field which it so looks like they currently dominate?

https://www.intotheminds.com/blog/en/entrepreneurship-differences-women-men/

I think that the core reason why you find more men than women in most sector of the workforce is the mentality that most mem have that they are the braid winner of the home and that's what lead them to think on creative ways of making money. For the women on the other hand, as long as their husbands doing well, they can be relaxed or might just look for any small business just to keep themselves busy with.

I know that other women are doing extremely well in terms of career and in the entrepreneurial sector and this has a lot to do with there kind of environment they find themselves. There are societies and families where it is almost like a taboo for a woman to be seen working as hard as a man, some men might not even allow their wives to work in some society while in other society, they don't see anything wrong in woman working and its just a normal situation and this encourages more women to try out several entrepreneurial adventures and some of them are doing very well in those actors.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 17, 2023, 06:53:21 PM
Indeed the presence of women is very influential, women often show high interest and involvement, especially in a financial context.
In terms of finance, those women that are into this type of business and offers various products and if they're attractive. They have a tendency to attract more customers to their business if they are the ones that endorses it. Admit it or not, this is happening for many business and they are finding success if they do it so, in that term, woman on a business and have a facial value definitely attracts more money.

but in terms of business, maybe that's not all because some of them dedicate their lives to raising their children and husbands as their main duties as mothers and wives for all or have different aspirations, so it cannot be assumed that women's full participation is the main key to success. entrepreneurship.
Women empowerment, they can do a lot of things and multitaskers so if they're a wife, a mother. They can also be entrepreneurs at the same time.
November 17, 2023, 04:55:05 PM
Indeed the presence of women is very influential, women often show high interest and involvement, especially in a financial context. but in terms of business, maybe that's not all because some of them dedicate their lives to raising their children and husbands as their main duties as mothers and wives for all or have different aspirations, so it cannot be assumed that women's full participation is the main key to success. entrepreneurship.

I just see that participation from any woman is only a good incentive to increase business progress in the long term, because you can see how a woman feels when she has dedicated her life to building a more advanced business. They are really serious about taking care of it very well and making the people around them more comfortable so that they can attract more new customers for any business, although on the one hand some married women have other responsibilities when they come home. But this can certainly be understood by the house or her husband, because of course they have both supported the struggle for this for the smooth running of her life and that of her own family.
Activity: 616
Merit: 274
November 17, 2023, 11:24:40 AM
I have to admit that in some areas, men's decisions will be better than women's decisions so I naturally say that gender equality in business will be difficult to achieve. Apart from that, if you are a woman who already has children then you will not have time to be the boss of the business you run, you will definitely give more thought to your family, business is not an easy thing, personal problems also have a big influence on women or men who run a business.

I would like to hear what areas you think the decision making process should be handled by just men. And It’s pretty obvious that people have their diverse thoughts on this and reading through some, it’s not difficult to figure out why gender equality would still be difficult to achieve.
I’ve known women who had kids and still had the time to mange and run her business well. While it may be tiring, It’s not really that much of a herculean task to juggle being a mom and running a business. With a loving and supporting spouse, it can be done and easily too.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1555
November 17, 2023, 09:08:51 AM
Let's apply your forward-looking perspective to entrepreneurship and gender today. Gender roles have been shaped by society and biology, but the business world is redefining them. Women are transforming business, not simply entering it. Modern corporate leadership requires resilience, innovation, and empathy

Support initiatives for women entrepreneurs aim to unlock hidden potential, not just level the playing field. Women in business boost economies and innovation. These programmes are prudent investments in a varied, resilient future economy as well as gender equality. So, aren't we all better off when we promote women's different entrepreneurial talents and perspectives? The goal is to enrich the business ecosystem, not only equality

No offence but this sounds like a corporate word-salad with no real substance.
Business world is very much affected by political activism, they are trying to wipe-out gender roles, but you can't overwrite biology with political decisions. Do you think any business actually appreciates being forced into gender-parities and alike?

Is there anything to back up your claim that women are more innovative in business? Men are responsible for the vast majority of ground-breaking inventions in the recent past, despite women (in the West) being free to pick whatever field they wanted for quite a long time now (not even to mention preferential access to male dominated fields).
If women are innovative and business-minded, why do we need any support programmes for them at all? And how's that "prudent investment" going? Why is the West losing its advantage over the developing countries who don't care at all about providing any special incentives for women or about gender parities. At some point, throwing around nice-sounding, inclusive phrases may not be enough and we'll need to do a cold-hearted analysis on what's working well and what isn't.
Activity: 224
Merit: 25
Ultimate Launchpad on TON
November 17, 2023, 04:30:41 AM
Making entrepreneurship will not be complete without the role of women in full participation, there are categories that we could have these into and women specifically have their own areas of specializations ones it comes to an enterprise discussion affairs, they like making business and probably this is under the fact that they dislike loosing money, instead they will be fully involved in anything that could make them earn than loosing.

Indeed the presence of women is very influential, women often show high interest and involvement, especially in a financial context. but in terms of business, maybe that's not all because some of them dedicate their lives to raising their children and husbands as their main duties as mothers and wives for all or have different aspirations, so it cannot be assumed that women's full participation is the main key to success. entrepreneurship.
Activity: 994
Merit: 140
November 16, 2023, 02:30:51 PM
Let's apply your forward-looking perspective to entrepreneurship and gender today. Gender roles have been shaped by society and biology, but the business world is redefining them. Women are transforming business, not simply entering it. Modern corporate leadership requires resilience, innovation, and empathy

Support initiatives for women entrepreneurs aim to unlock hidden potential, not just level the playing field. Women in business boost economies and innovation. These programmes are prudent investments in a varied, resilient future economy as well as gender equality. So, aren't we all better off when we promote women's different entrepreneurial talents and perspectives? The goal is to enrich the business ecosystem, not only equality
i understand what you are saying here, but if we want to see innovation, it is not only women who can innovate, so far there have been many men who have contributed to the world of business and innovation, it's not that i don't like gender equality in the business world but sometimes women find it difficult to put their feelings into work, i used to work with a boss who was a woman, to be honest, i didn't feel comfortable and finally chose to leave, often the words that came out of their mouths were very hurtful, in the end, the company went bankrupt now, i support gender equality, every woman and man has their unique way of running or managing their business and what i can conclude is that not all women are suited to running a business as well as men.
Activity: 896
Merit: 645
November 15, 2023, 07:20:41 PM
I have to admit that in some areas, men's decisions will be better than women's decisions so I naturally say that gender equality in business will be difficult to achieve. Apart from that, if you are a woman who already has children then you will not have time to be the boss of the business you run, you will definitely give more thought to your family, business is not an easy thing, personal problems also have a big influence on women or men who run a business.
Sometimes I wonder what’s the need for us to have these measurements and have to seek equality in all aspects to gender?
Like, is there any written rule that restricts women from making certain achievements and attaining certain nights?
I get it that in the times past and maybe some rural areas, there exists certain taboos on what is acceptable to a gender but, that’s just as limited as it gets and women could achieve just what they put themselves to.

They shouldn’t expect it to be huddles free, those huddles needs to be there to make the achievement worth it and the while as well.

I don’t very much believe gender not having to do certain things but, I believe in the mind and what one could set themselves to archive. The only difference is, there are certain advantages to gender based on certain fields but, it’s okay.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 15, 2023, 06:30:15 PM
I think it's great that people are starting to push more for gender equality among entrepreneurs.  It makes sense that women might need some extra help getting their businesses off the ground and  programs specially made to help women get started with their own companies could really help close those gaps we're seeing.   

It's an interesting conversation going on, and the more we get the little details, the better we can work on making things equal and supportive for all.  Change is slow, sure but every little bit matters.

November 15, 2023, 06:05:08 PM
   Regardless of what you stated, we still have women who are married and yet still successful in their careers and business. If you are a women facing entrepreneurship and parenthood make sure that if you have a partner that you be clear on getting as much support as you can. Also get clear on what your objectives both in being a parent and an entrepreneur. Make a list and what is your definition of being a good parent. Also make a list of what is being a good entrepreneur. When you get in the middle of the stress on either side you can look back at your list and seeing if you are meeting your own qualifications.
The things I see through my living environment here, everyone (regardless of gender) always prefers to work and earn money from any business even though they have become parents to their children at this time. This means that the pressure from both sides is already there and will continue to be handled quite well and will not hinder his intention to become a successful entrepreneur in a particular field. Because without being able to earn money for their family and their own lives, perhaps they will not be considered good and successful parents.

People have this notion about females and trust me no matter how progressive we become this will not change. People think - beauty and brains in a female rarely co exist. If she is pretty she has to be dumb and if she is intelligent she has to be a an average looking girl - is the first impression people have. I think there are a ton of women entrepreneurs and probably more than male entrepreneurs, honestly. We just don't consider them "real" entrepreneurs because they are owner/operators, self-funded, and don't have profit maximization as their number one priority. And because often their entrepreneurial activities are focused on supporting their families (rather than building a big company/being rich), they are not seen as "real" businesses.
I have a very different view on this, because I will still consider any woman to be a successful businesswoman if she has a large company and will still become rich through this. In my area there are also many women who have been successful through this and in fact this is true and to this day there are many male employees who are still paid by women who own certain companies. This means that being rich and successful is actually not limited by beauty and gender, but is always determined by a person's intelligence in taking advantage of every condition that can make him have an advantage in terms of business.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
November 15, 2023, 01:27:22 PM
I think it's great that people are starting to push more for gender equality among entrepreneurs.  It makes sense that women might need some extra help getting their businesses off the ground and  programs specially made to help women get started with their own companies could really help close those gaps we're seeing.   

It's an interesting conversation going on, and the more we get the little details, the better we can work on making things equal and supportive for all.  Change is slow, sure but every little bit matters.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 210
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 15, 2023, 12:25:19 PM
As a result of the difficult economic times, do you consider that there will be more women entrepreneurs competing with men in this field which it so looks like they currently dominate?
Prof. James Flynn, an American authority on intelligence study, claims that women have a higher intelligence quotient(IQ) than men. He pointed out that women consistently scored higher than men when the test was comducted in Europe, the US, Canada, and New Zealand.
In as much as it is believed that  women has the higher IQ and are probably smarter than men (although not scientifically proven) men have proven to be dominating the business area. I mean look at the richest entrepreneurs, they're mostly men.

I'm not saying women are not amazing entrepreneurs but I'm just saying that, in my observation, men have already dominated that field and still doing a great job

That’s because men have had a head start. Women were only allowed to do a lot of things in the last century and even in some parts of this world, young girls are still often disencouraged to do “boy-like” things even studying

In our society, women are viewed as the homemakers leaving the financial aspects to the men in marriages most men controlled their money because lots of women were expected to only stay at home and not have a job so imagine without proper education, no job opportunities and no advices of entrepreneurship what will it lead to?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1096
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
November 15, 2023, 12:12:57 PM
not all men's businesses can be run by women and vice versa, not all businesses run by women can be run by men, Apart from that, the support from partners, family and relatives that each woman has is very different, while men do have a natural ability to earn money either by working for a company or setting up their own business, so we will always see a very big difference between male entrepreneurs and female entrepreneurs.  However, i see that things like this are actually not that crucial, we won't be able to see equality, especially when it comes to gender.

The reason for those differences are biological and rooted in evolution. From the dawn of time, men had to earn their value by proving their better than everyone else (i.e. to attract females and pass on their genes), while women were born valuable. This resulted with men being much more keen on taking risks, while women usually prefer much safer options (i.e. working in a steady job). And there's nothing wrong with that.
So, in terms of entrepreneurship, men go for it naturally, even everyone around advises them not to, while women need to be encouraged and get support in going that route.
But yeah, since virtually all developed countries are pushing for gender equality (of outcome), then we'll likely to continue seeing special programmes to help women start their businesses, and those differences will be shrinking at least a little bit.

Pages:
Jump to: