Pages:
Author

Topic: ERC20 vs waves - page 12. (Read 3157 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 100
October 27, 2017, 02:40:49 AM
I would like to say it is a necessity for a token to be created in the ERC20 Platform.

Less fees, but as Vitalik said in his recent interviews, ETHEREUM is gonna be huge in the next years.

Cheers for that. lol

Well anything can go wrong but with smart contracts, all is good.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
October 27, 2017, 02:32:57 AM
Ok, I guess a better question is:

Not considering the investor/ trader part, just the consumer use part. If you went to Vegas, and downloaded a branded Android app, would it matter if the coin/ wallet/ exchange were built on waves api or with erc20?

I really appreciate this feedback, and most likely will go erc-20 route.
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
October 27, 2017, 02:27:45 AM
ERC20 tokens are superior to Waves tokens. ERC20 tokens are basically more popular. And there are smart contract technology allows so many different things like decentralized exchanges. On the other hand Waves tokens are hard to trade.
Activity: 406
October 27, 2017, 01:33:35 AM
Nowadays ERC20 tokens is the trend of ICO's and mostly ICO's using ERC20 tokens against investment and some companies issue waves tokens but waves platform have very low volume. ERC20 tokens popularity is growing day by day and those tokens are easily tradable and have good volume. In my opinion, ERC20 tokens are good rather then waves tokens.

Activity: 18
October 27, 2017, 12:56:47 AM
Is the acceptance of both ERC20 and waves great for an ICO project?
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
October 27, 2017, 12:51:33 AM
Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?
I desire that ERC20 [etherneum based token] is more attractive to the investor than waves based Method.Now a days about 90 % of token are created by etherneum based because all the investor like it and easy to use.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 259
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 27, 2017, 12:29:44 AM
I recommended ERC20 because everybody like this method.On the other side Waves method is something difficult I mean not effective it is my personal opinion.I support ERC20.
Activity: 154
October 27, 2017, 12:23:38 AM
Not at all comparable.Waves tokens are easy to create so scammers will exists more in waves.ERC20 needs some skills so I prefer ERC20 tokens compared to waves.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 27, 2017, 12:16:14 AM
I don't think this is comparable, just look at the top 30 on coinmarketcap, 10 or more of the tokens there are ERC20 and there is a reason for this
Activity: 182
October 26, 2017, 11:50:55 PM
I would go with ERC20 if you have the knowledge required to do it. The platform is much more adopted already and the developers are working nonstop to improve it. On waves you can't be sure it'll still be there a few years from now.
They say a thin line separates genius and madness.
October 26, 2017, 11:47:50 PM
Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?
If you use waves I won't definitely invest in your ICO. The ICO's that used waves are the ones ended like crap in the end and many people lose interest in waves for the past months including me. It is true that waves are easier to use but that also makes it a risk because if anyone could easily use waves as their based many scam ICOs with no effort will choose it over Ethereum based token.

So the platform alone will determine if its a scam? That seems like quite the generalization.
well you can't blame me for thinking that way. Although it's bad to generalize ICO's based on the platform but have you seen an ICO that's based on waves become more successful than the ones use ERC 20? or at least become successful to get known?
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*
October 26, 2017, 08:30:13 PM
if you want a familiar and trusted token you must choose ERC20.
based on ethereum technology this will become a strong security.
but the negative impact of this ERC20 are many developer now become lazy for develop their own token protocol.
so they just use ERC20 without any new innovation.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
October 26, 2017, 08:29:12 PM
I am more on ERC20 coins, especially those coins that can be store at myetherwallet.com. Those coins are most likely going to pump. Unlike in the waves platform, not pumping once stored.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
October 26, 2017, 08:07:45 PM
most, large markets accept ERC20 than waves, so I might prefer to use an ERC20-based coin, because of its greater market reach, or better. but that's just my mind, maybe a lot of people are liking waves in the appeal of ERC20
Activity: 169
October 26, 2017, 08:05:34 PM
I like erc20 more than waves. In my experience erc20 tokens are more easy to trade than trading on wavesdex.
October 26, 2017, 07:40:44 PM
Hello,

If you use waves I won't definitely invest in your ICO. The ICO's that used waves are the ones ended like crap in the end and many people lose interest in waves for the past months including me. It is true that waves are easier to use but that also makes it a risk because if anyone could easily use waves as their based many scam ICOs with no effort will choose it over Ethereum based token.

So the platform alone will determine if its a scam? That seems like quite the generalization.
They say a thin line separates genius and madness.
October 26, 2017, 07:34:26 PM
Hello,

October 26, 2017, 06:46:43 PM
I'm using Waves for my tokens but will have to wait until Waves release smart contracts before I can do all I need to.

have you seen any pushback?
Activity: 39
October 26, 2017, 05:46:10 PM
I'm using Waves for my tokens but will have to wait until Waves release smart contracts before I can do all I need to.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
October 26, 2017, 05:41:47 PM
Hello,

ETRC20 have its shitcoin ethdelta exchange so is possible to dump very fast and you don't have to make ANY deal with exchange with bribing it.
SO to me ETH is no better there is no motion on waves echanges.
Pages:
Jump to: