Pages:
Author

Topic: Error or scam with Bitcoin ETF news? - page 2. (Read 261 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
October 19, 2023, 04:35:20 AM
It is truly unfortunate that there are those who have been reported to have lost large sums of money as a result of the spread of false news, as it was announced that one of the whales lost $49,000 worth of money after he bought 20.5 bitcoins at a price of $613,201 and then quickly sold it less than 10 minutes later for barely $563,970.

Another example of the reason why I say trading is gambling, you basically trade on gambling on the effects and if the news is true at all, and when your whole thing is based on twitter posts, then look a the outcome.
It's kind of ironic traders all the time talk about TA and all the indicators and then at the first instance, they get recked by a tweet.

Anyhow surprised it was Cointelegraph and not bitcoin magazine, if it were for the latter probably all the ETH would have been approved and the US would have adopted BTC, for them it's all fake news and I doubt they would even understand how to blow something real out of proportion since everything they report is fake garbage.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
October 19, 2023, 04:16:55 AM
We can't know for sure if it was planned but I am inclined to think not, as it is not uncommon for fake news to slip through, sometimes in a whole range of media, propagated by a news agency. In this case it's a botched Cointelegraph, which as said is not characterized by an extreme quality of content, so the hypothesis that seems more likely to me is that they simply slipped in the fake news.

The bad thing is that there were many short-term traders who lost money with it.
This may be a coincidence, but in such a market it is very difficult to believe it. Traders are the same gambling addicts who very often use trading leverage for trading and it is from them that market manipulators make money.
Before accepting a spot ETF, manipulators must take as many bitcoins as possible from the market, and the more such cases, the faster the spot ETF will be accepted.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2013
October 18, 2023, 11:04:15 PM
We can't know for sure if it was planned but I am inclined to think not, as it is not uncommon for fake news to slip through, sometimes in a whole range of media, propagated by a news agency. In this case it's a botched Cointelegraph, which as said is not characterized by an extreme quality of content, so the hypothesis that seems more likely to me is that they simply slipped in the fake news.

The bad thing is that there were many short-term traders who lost money with it.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
October 18, 2023, 08:43:38 PM
Like everyone else, I got Rekted when trade long all in when the news comes up. and all of sudden the price back to normal damn Cointelegraph with verified badge and long history post about crypto says shit.

Just theory but I think this is all planned by someone who desperately needs money I mean when you are trusted by the crypto community and say good news like that the author of the news can do long before someone else and then do short after it.

What a joke.  Cry Cry
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
October 18, 2023, 05:12:36 PM
Since the discussion of this fake news released by a crypto news site that is populous enough to drag the attention of the people (Cointelegraph), I have said either outside this forum or in this forum that this news is not a mistake as they claim it is; it's a pure scam that they properly planned, and the reason for such is what is yet to be identified by the general public. What I believe is that they did this to take advantage of what the market will bring, and that happens real quick, so I also believe their objective has been achieved.

It is truly unfortunate that there are those who have been reported to have lost large sums of money as a result of the spread of false news, as it was announced that one of the whales lost $49,000 worth of money after he bought 20.5 bitcoins at a price of $613,201 and then quickly sold it less than 10 minutes later for barely $563,970. Of course, there are many who lost varying amounts of money, and we do not know who they are.
The magazine that caused these losses did not even bother to apologize to these people since it has no criminal responsibility.
https://twitter.com/lookonchain/status/1713920641521660232?s=20
https://coingape.com/whales-quick-bitcoin-buy-on-fake-etf-news-ends-in-loss/
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
October 18, 2023, 11:20:16 AM
Has everyone seen this news recently?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/clarification-sharing-false-spot-bitcoin-etf-news
Clarification on sharing false spot Bitcoin ETF news
"Cointelegraph apologizes to its readers and discusses its investigation into what led to the posting of unverified news on X about a spot Bitcoin ETF.
I did not read news from Cointelegraph like 3 or 4 years. That website is full of shit and their articles are very low quality. It is very first websites I knew and very often visited to read news but it's my past practice.

I hope with this fake news, some more people will recognize the quality of Cointelegraph and say goodbye with it. They can read news on Coindesk or just become a member of Bitcointalk to read news and some insightful discussions.

If they are unable to assess what is fake news, Bitcointalk members can help them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 624
October 18, 2023, 11:15:23 AM

I believe everyone might have come across the news in some way or another, or they could have probably seen the recent bitcoin price rise, and researching the reason for such could have also led them to the news.

Since the discussion of this fake news released by a crypto news site that is populous enough to drag the attention of the people (Cointelegraph), I have said either outside this forum or in this forum that this news is not a mistake as they claim it is; it's a pure scam that they properly planned, and the reason for such is what is yet to be identified by the general public. What I believe is that they did this to take advantage of what the market will bring, and that happens real quick, so I also believe their objective has been achieved.

Inasmuch as the news brought about a positive market response, manipulation is still manipulation. Who knows what they are going to do in the near future, and if they are charged by those who lose their trade as a result of this, will such legal charges be honoured and made valid?

protecting consumers interests. These are the areas where the SEC is supposed to also act, and their citizen traders won't be left behind if they truly are working for the interests of their people.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
October 18, 2023, 10:48:13 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/clarification-sharing-false-spot-bitcoin-etf-news
Clarification on sharing false spot Bitcoin ETF news
"Cointelegraph apologizes to its readers and discusses its investigation into what led to the posting of unverified news on X about a spot Bitcoin ETF.

Earlier today, during routine coverage, Cointelegraph’s social media team posted a message on X without prior editorial approval stating that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission had approved BlackRock’s iShares spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund, or ETF. This was false, the result of misinformation. The news lead originated from an unconfirmed screenshot posted by an X user who claimed it was from the Bloomberg Terminal."
__
Thanks to such news, first the short traders lost their money, and after information about the fake appeared, the long traders lost their money. Losses amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars.
That's where the real scammers are.

Pages:
Jump to: