Author

Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet - page 255. (Read 965789 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
That's absolutely out of scope of current device. The device even don't know what address it should "promote" over NFC. As I wrote before, at this stage of the project, our goal is to make wallet more secure, not more portable.

Wink NFC is still cool though.

There might be some way to figure out how to use it as a security measure (perhaps the option to use a password stored in the NFC tag as well as the device, so you can be sure it wasnt cloned some how, but that brings into consideration that they didnt just clone the rfid tag as well etc..)
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
Quick transfer of the address inside the device to smartphones and other things?
exactly what I thought

The device is supposed to be just a storage for private keys. It is unusable without computer (as it has no battery etc). Then you can use QR codes generated by the desktop wallet, so there's no need for NFC chip.
thank you for explanation
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
That's absolutely out of scope of current device. The device even don't know what address it should "promote" over NFC. As I wrote before, at this stage of the project, our goal is to make wallet more secure, not more portable.
legendary
Hello!
Quick transfer of the address inside the device to smartphones and other things?

The device is supposed to be just a storage for private keys. It is unusable without computer (as it has no battery etc). Then you can use QR codes generated by the desktop wallet, so there's no need for NFC chip.

Perhaps, if they are cheap enough, they can be used as small POS transaction thingies, where you would put your phone up, get the address, and send it to the device to pay.
legendary

legendary
Hello!
any chance to implement NFC chip inside?

For what purpose?

legendary

For what purpose?
Activity: 743
Activity: 441
Merit: 266
Question: Where do you order just the OLED displays?
I'm not having much luck finding a low quantity supplier.

There are hundreds of vendors on eBay (mostly from China and Hong Kong). Try searching for "OLED 128x64".
Activity: 455
Merit: 250
You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin
a Bump for slush.

Hey, those cases are looking good.

Question: Where do you order just the OLED displays?
I'm not having much luck finding a low quantity supplier.
Activity: 406
LTC
Another LM4F120 died several days ago without a reason.. Chips are not even available in EU, cant even repair the boards.

Without a reason or because you overvolted it (again) ? ;-)

They are made from marmalade..  Grin
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
It's not final, and it needs some changes to be usable as real casing (in plastic).
But after its final the models will be released (since its open hardware?). I would imagine it will spawn some coo; case mods. Like a phone/wallet case

Slush say that YES, its open hardware.... if you need model .. no problem :-)
legendary
Another LM4F120 died several days ago without a reason.. Chips are not even available in EU, cant even repair the boards.

Without a reason or because you overvolted it (again) ? ;-)
Activity: 406
LTC
legendary
Hello!
It's not final, and it needs some changes to be usable as real casing (in plastic).
But after its final the models will be released (since its open hardware?). I would imagine it will spawn some coo; case mods. Like a phone/wallet case
legendary
legendary
Hello!
We just printed new casing version. Eyelet is missing just because Reprap is unable to print it correctly. Eyelet will be in final version. Btw there's real display inside, it fits perfectly even to this plastic/printed casing.

Comparsion with previous version:

Feel like uploading the 3d file to thingiverse or something.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Heh, looks just like one of those car remote locks.

Officer of the State: "What you got here sonny?"

Me: "Oh, that old car remote, nothing to see there officer."

Edit: hey slush, maybe you could put like an almost Ferrari, BMW or etc optional signia on it?
legendary
We just printed new casing version. Eyelet is missing just because Reprap is unable to print it correctly. Eyelet will be in final version. Btw there's real display inside, it fits perfectly even to this plastic/printed casing.

Comparsion with previous version:

Activity: 742
This looks like a great project
Jump to: