Author

Topic: ETH - page 5. (Read 696 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
March 03, 2019, 07:37:19 PM
Maximalists are mad that just because they're limiting their own coin, they think others should do the same. ETH is bravely pushing forward, and yes - it increases the chance of a disaster, but if one doesn't happen there's no reason why ETH shouldn't overtake a coin that provides less utility than itself.

Oh boy. Have you not heard of the DAO hack[1] and the parity lock[2]? I'm not a hater of ethereum, but long term? These few problems are just the tip of the iceberg.

[1] https://medium.com/@ogucluturk/the-dao-hack-explained-unfortunate-take-off-of-smart-contracts-2bd8c8db3562
[2] https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-client-bug-freezes-user-funds-fallout-remains-uncertain
Activity: 242
Merit: 7
March 03, 2019, 06:16:44 PM
Maximalists are mad that just because they're limiting their own coin, they think others should do the same. ETH is bravely pushing forward, and yes - it increases the chance of a disaster, but if one doesn't happen there's no reason why ETH shouldn't overtake a coin that provides less utility than itself.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
March 03, 2019, 06:07:49 PM
not only ethereum, some other altcoins like that. has an effort to replace the limited functional Bitcoin. Like BCH, BTG, waves, LTC. etc. but it won't be able to change bitcoin. because all of their technology is adopting Bitcoin technology. so he altcoin was born from the bitcoin network, namely blockchain.
Activity: 411
Merit: 10
March 03, 2019, 05:56:29 PM
⁠Ethereum is an attempt to solve Bitcoin’s limited functionality, according to Ethereum’s co-founder Vitalik Buterin

https://ct.com/7d3u

If the Altcoin doesn't exist, will Bitcoin die or not work. I think Bitcoin is still running even though there is no Altcoin. Bitcoin was born with a very good concept. Can function to make transactions with other objects at the USD exchange rate.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
March 03, 2019, 05:30:18 PM
bitcoin does not have limited functionality. it has the functionality that it is supposed to have and it is fulfilling them as it is supposed to. saying otherwise is like saying "my vacuum cleaner has limited functionality because it doesn't also cook dinner for me"!

Well yea, that was my point. Tongue That bitcoin was made to be a product/project with a specific purpose(payments and SoV), rather than unnecessarily trying to do many things at once like other coins/tokens.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
March 03, 2019, 03:43:30 PM
shitcoins like ethereum can't solve their own limited functionality and the backdoors they have let alone attempt at bigger more serious stuff that bitcoin is dealing with Wink

Calling the #2 crypto a shitcoin? come on......

Just being objective here, what about that inflation bug in bitcoin that was luckily discovered by a bitcoin cash developer?   That could of spelled disaster for btc.

Maybe he's a bitcoin maximalist and thinks everything but bitcoin is a shitcoin. There are good altcoin projects and ETH brought to the space something that BTC wasn't giving. This is the reason for its popularity. There are coins that are expanding the space and giving something more like Monero with its privacy. The real shitcoins are coins that only leach popularity out of another coin without improving like BCH or BSV.
Activity: 630
Merit: 101
March 03, 2019, 03:40:18 PM
Ethereum have a very large potential and much depends on Ethereum in this market. I hope that he will be able to withstand this bear market and will prove its strength.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
March 03, 2019, 03:29:36 PM
⁠Ethereum is an attempt to solve Bitcoin’s limited functionality, according to Ethereum’s co-founder Vitalik Buterin

Well, now many are trying to solve the problems of the functionality of the ETH. This is not when technology will not stop developing further.
Activity: 602
VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING
March 03, 2019, 03:20:59 PM
Eth is still strong and this is one reason for the holders to stay afloat, we will see that Eth is worthy of accompanying bitcoin and valuable.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
March 03, 2019, 02:48:06 PM
Yes, they compare what is best not to compare. I do not understand the aggression of some speakers praising the conservative BTC against the background of a developing and functional ether.
Activity: 392
Merit: 49
March 03, 2019, 02:24:13 PM
No doubt, Bitcoin will remain the far best cryptocurrency and will also solve some problems it has today. In Opposite, ETH has also some problems and the Devs have the knowledge to fix it, therefore ETH can stay at second position for sure and increase in price.

XRP on third position is way too overvalued and no danger for ETH.
Activity: 258
Merit: 10
March 03, 2019, 02:21:01 PM

Buterin works hard to revive Ethereum. Frankly, I trust him too. Ethereum is still the strongest platform among its rivals. I can't trust EOS and other platform coins like ETH.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
March 03, 2019, 02:18:42 PM
I think that's a false statement. Ethereum works and performs a completely different function.  Bitcoin cannot be replaced.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
March 03, 2019, 02:18:34 PM
I think we should not get into the comparing game or call these coins the other killer. For me both btc and eth are gems and im keeping both in my portfolio because i know both of them are real quality coins and over long term both will become very very expensive.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
March 03, 2019, 02:02:29 PM
There is already plenty of Bitcoin forks that have faster transactions, lower fees and more of the other useful shit that still can't make those forks valuable.
Market cap of a  coin also depends on the maturity of the market and the number of current users.
The same situation is with gold. If no one used it as a store of value it's price could drop very fast.
Are you actually trying to say that the forked versions of Bitcoin are more valuable than Bitcoin itself? Its stupid to even think of something like that.

Bitcoin is far superior in terms of every aspect when compared to all the forks and its popularity itself speaks volumes.
I have just explained why Bitcoin forks and other "Bitcoin killers"  do not really worth anything and you say that I'm stating absolutely opposite point.
Just read my comment once again and think about the meaning of the words you are reading.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
March 03, 2019, 01:51:27 PM
I think that is very true, because we know that ethereum has very good potential for developing as a substitute for bitcoin.

That's not true, there is more for Ethereum to achieve before it could be seen as a closed type to Bitcoin. Nothing will ever bring Ethereum to replace Bitcoin or even getten to the point that it comes on board to compliment Bitcoin. Bitcoin still dominate in market value, as remember that Bitcoin has over 52.1% dominance at the time of this post.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 03, 2019, 01:32:05 PM
There is already plenty of Bitcoin forks that have faster transactions, lower fees and more of the other useful shit that still can't make those forks valuable.
Market cap of a  coin also depends on the maturity of the market and the number of current users.
The same situation is with gold. If no one used it as a store of value it's price could drop very fast.
Are you actually trying to say that the forked versions of Bitcoin are more valuable than Bitcoin itself? Its stupid to even think of something like that.

Bitcoin is far superior in terms of every aspect when compared to all the forks and its popularity itself speaks volumes.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
March 03, 2019, 01:22:18 PM
shitcoins like ethereum can't solve their own limited functionality and the backdoors they have let alone attempt at bigger more serious stuff that bitcoin is dealing with Wink

Calling the #2 crypto a shitcoin? come on......

Just being objective here, what about that inflation bug in bitcoin that was luckily discovered by a bitcoin cash developer?   That could of spelled disaster for btc.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
March 03, 2019, 01:21:42 PM
Activity: 608
March 03, 2019, 01:05:53 PM
I think that is very true, because we know that ethereum has very good potential for developing as a substitute for bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: